Sat OCT 20th 2012 @ Grange Motor Circuit SOCAL MOTOR BICYCLE RACING

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Pablo and Jim from www.SickBikeParts.com are sending me
a box of prizes to give out at the race in the prize ceremony.

Big thanks to a class act of a company that they have built and
for their support going all the way back to the first Motorized
Bicycle race in California at Willow Springs on June 18th 2011.

thank you Sick Bike Parts! :D

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
The workmanship of the expansion chamber looks good and the silencer has multiple baffles. Should be interesting seeing that beast run. I hope he can finish the motor in time for this race and give everyone a run for their money!
No offense guys but my money is still on Mag even though Baird is due for a W! :)

Attachments

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Race Numbers:

The current list is on the first page of this thread.

The double digit numbers are almost all gone so
SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing is going to open up
race numbers from 300 to 999

You can give back your double digit number in
exchange for a triple digit number.
First to reserve them gets it.

Please make your numbers on your front plate at
least 6" tall in a easily readable style with good
contrast to the background color.

Some of you guys have some kind of number size
inferiority complex that makes it really hard on the
scorers. :D

Also right now only a front facing number plate is
a requirement but soon 3 number plates will be the
standard.

Last edited:

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
I am Very Excited about this race gentlemen. Woo Hoo! except that I cant lift my left arm. Flew over the bars, superman style landing on the shoulder. I'm getting all to familiar with the pavement here. Definitely tore something. x-ray soon. BEWARE the MONARK II on a race bike!!!! with a forward ridind stance and all your weight over the bars, DO NOT go into a driveway! the forks will cycle, and the tire will bottom out on the fork crown and stop you better than dual 14" discs. but YOU keep going. flying. up, up, and awaaaaayyy..totally NOT the fun you'd expect.

and please, keep the e-bikes on the other track for that day. those guys would brag about beating a toddler at tic-tac-toe. Get on a 66 and try to keep up, or dont show up. Apples and Oranges boys.

Attachments

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hey # 22 Ducedave, we have being missing you at the track
so get your ass out there! :D

It ain't the same without you.

Gonna split the 2 stroke class up into.

1) Fast class that is dumping a ton of money into your bikes.

2) The rest of you that want a fun affordable race.

There will be trophies and prizes for both classes.

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Hey # 22 Ducedave, we have being missing you at the track
so get your ass out there! :D

It ain't the same without you.

Gonna split the 2 stroke class up into.

1) Fast class that is dumping a ton of money into your bikes.

2) The rest of you that want a fun affordable race.

There will be trophies and prizes for both classes.
Excellent Idea Neil!! put me in the affordable class. I've only spent $6000 between my 2 bikes.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
WOW! i hope jakes custom motor bikes has a re-call on the monark forks before someone elts gets injured. heal up soon. dennis

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Hey Neil it's formaly know as the flying dutchman. I still want to keep #32 & my bike isn't ready, I'm still waiting to get the engine & if I do race I'll be on a Honda GX120 from now. No more HF 6.5hp.

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
thanks Ken for the support, I just received the Tomar so it will be installed next week. Also I just dropped the China off at the new Arrow Cycles shop yesterday for a rebuild before the Grange.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I agree!! I also can't recall seeing jnmotors race the grange.

Also thanks to sbp for sponsoring the event.
Hi Dave, I would have known it was you cause of your 32 avatar. :)
I think your first nickname was rookie? lol
If you keep this up you are going to have more names than me. :D

Of course i am curious why you aren't riding the 212 cc bike and
are switching to a Honda GX120?

The Mid Range class is a very fun class to ride in.

Thank you for thanking our long time sponsor Sick Bike Parts! :)

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I am Very Excited about this race gentlemen. Woo Hoo! except that I cant lift my left arm. Flew over the bars, superman style landing on the shoulder.

I'm getting all to familiar with the pavement here. Definitely tore something. x-ray soon. BEWARE the MONARK II on a race bike!!!! with a forward riding stance and all your weight over the bars, DO NOT go into a driveway! the forks will cycle, and the tire will bottom out on the fork crown and stop you better than dual 14" discs. but YOU keep going. flying. up, up, and awaaaaayyy..totally NOT the fun you'd expect.
Jake, you gotta stop hurting yourself!

I jokingly nicknamed you "The Flying Busey" after my gf snapped this pic of
you totally in the air in an earlier crash where thankfully you didn't get hurt.

How are you going to change your babies diapers with one hand? :)

[ Click pic to view in larger size. ]

Last edited:

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Jake, you gotta stop hurting yourself!

I jokingly nicknamed you "The Flying Busey" after my gf snapped this pic of
you totally in the air in an earlier crash where thankfully you didn't get hurt.

How are you going to change your babies diapers with one hand? :)

[ Click pic to view in larger size. ]
Diaper changing going just fine, thank you. I AM getting sick of flying off of these things. in 30 years of competitive riding I've crashed more in this last year on the bicycles. perhaps 6'3" 210lbs is above average rider size? maybe I should slow down on the "burner' part?. lol.

I am icing and willing my shoulder to be better so that I may race the new #311 GT2A-S gold. JCM Racing will have a new addition, Evan Berle, on the number 310 bike this race, and perhaps Joe C. on his 43. I will keep you posted.
Scotto, thanks for your patience with me, Neil has finally brow beat me into dropping the dream on #3 two stroke category. you've got #3 exclusively now and I will walk away. you have #3 for all classes you wish. there are a bunch of taken numbers that no longer show up to races, but Neil doesnt update or refresh, so the pickins are slim for newcomers such as myself. I had a choice of i think 6 numbers remaining free until Neil added the triple digit number choice. so now there is 000-999. plenty to go around. Jake's Custom Motorbikes will have 310,311,312,313.
Thanks Neil, for opening up numbers, and hopefully eliminating any confusion between the #3 super loud&fast 4 stroke with the banana yellow Jersey, and the #3 all white 6'3" 2 stroke that never finishes a race.

Last edited:

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
Dave is probably stepping down in class because the mid class has more racers, or they are not as fast, or it's safer, he doesn't have to build a 50hp bicycle to be compete, or he has to be at work the next day.

I believe it's because it's safer and funner, then he can race against me which is what he really wants.

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Dave is probably stepping down in class because the mid class has more racers, or they are not as fast, or it's safer, he doesn't have to build a 50hp bicycle to be compete, or he has to be at work the next day.

I believe it's because it's safer and funner, then he can race against me which is what he really wants.
Yep, yep, and all the above.
I changed my username & engine so I could get sort of a fresh start (my grieving process) from my dog passing away last weekend & kinda made me think about life a little harder as I am in my 40's. drn2

Last edited:

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Yep, yep, and all the above.
I changed my username & engine so I could get sort of a fresh start (my grieving process) from my dog passing away last weekend & kinda made me think about life a little harder as I am in my 40's. drn2
Sorry to hear about your loss Dave , I lost a good friend of mine two years ago .That is one of the reasons I got into this motorized bike thing and also seeing Jeff cruising his bikes through work .

Stick his dog tag on your bike someplace and let him ride with you . That's kinda what I did with my racing number . I picked 59 because of his birth date , My friend loved racing his cars and that's my way of remembering him and all the fun times we had .

If your not up to racing come out and watch , It's always good to talk to you and your brother and Dad.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

magrider, I thought that you were racing your water cooled Morini
in the 11 hp class?
Are you building a bike for the Mid Range class too?

Nobody is going to be racing "50hp" bicycles at SoCal Motor Bicycle
Racing events in the 11 hp class.

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Sorry to hear about your loss Dave , I lost a good friend of mine two years ago .That is one of the reasons I got into this motorized bike thing and also seeing Jeff cruising his bikes through work .

Stick his dog tag on your bike someplace and let him ride with you . That's kinda what I did with my racing number . I picked 59 because of his birth date , My friend loved racing his cars and that's my way of remembering him and all the fun times we had .

If your not up to racing come out and watch , It's always good to talk to you and your brother and Dad.
Thanks Andy. A tough weekend as we just got his ashes on Friday & he is home now.
I officially have the 20th off & ill be there to hang out and watch some good racing.

Last edited: