Predator 212 custom fat tire build

GoldenMotor.com

slump

Mar 21, 2009
san jose
Lots of work into this build for shiny side up 2017 and is a late post but I finally got some time to put it up here. As for the build :
I custom made the fat tire bike frame from customizing a mongoose fat tire bike. I customized a girvin linkage fork by widening it out to fit 4" rim and had to make new fork legs to work with the height of the tires. I made and mounted the fender headlight cowl, and made an extension seat post to get a little leg room. I used a moped gas tank, 26" fat tire mag rims with 4" surly tires, double springer brooks saddle , and mounted a beastly predator 212cc engine with 24mm mikuni carb and electric starter, custom intake header, custom exhaust, and running a comet torque converter for transmission.

Attachments

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Nice to see it runs. I saw your bike and was lookin for ya, wanted to race somebody.. then noticed the seat was right on the tire! looked bitchin i took a few pics. I asked to race the specialized guys with their custom e-bikes and they declined, and the guy who won the MB part of the show with his 80mph sportman flyer also declined, personally I find it hard to believe that thing will do 80+.. maybe thats why he declined. I think I'm done with the bicycle shows gonna take this thing to motorcycle meets instead.

Which TC are you using is that the belt with the flat side?

Reactions: slump

slump

Mar 21, 2009
san jose
I think it was a comet torque converter. You should check out some of the moped rally's. I did one in sf one year. The hills are crazy but it's fun riding with hundreds of moped riders through the city.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I used a moped gas tank, 26" fat tire mag rims with 4" surly tires, double springer brooks saddle , and mounted a beastly predator 212cc engine with 24mm mikuni carb and electric starter, custom intake header, custom exhaust, and running a comet torque converter for transmission.
Awesome bike, love the fat mags.
You are invited to come race it on Sat Oct 21st at Grange Motor Circuit in Apple Valley, CA.

Reactions: slump

breath_easy13

Aug 27, 2019
North Caronlina
Lots of work into this build for shiny side up 2017 and is a late post but I finally got some time to put it up here. As for the build :
I custom made the fat tire bike frame from customizing a mongoose fat tire bike. I customized a girvin linkage fork by widening it out to fit 4" rim and had to make new fork legs to work with the height of the tires. I made and mounted the fender headlight cowl, and made an extension seat post to get a little leg room. I used a moped gas tank, 26" fat tire mag rims with 4" surly tires, double springer brooks saddle , and mounted a beastly predator 212cc engine with 24mm mikuni carb and electric starter, custom intake header, custom exhaust, and running a comet torque converter for transmission.
cool build man, i was checking out imperial motos and found they have the frame and mag wheels, my question is, how did you attach the rear engine sprocket ? did you use an adapter ?