No Exhaust Baffle No Problem.... Right?.....

GoldenMotor.com

SpeedyBeedy

Nov 6, 2017
Hello, i am new to the Forum. I am posting because im afraid my motor is going to blow. my build is as follows,
-66/80cc silver slant kit "From Gasbike.net"
-NGK #BPR6HIX Spark Plug
-Super Charge HI-Preformance CDI "From Gasbike.net"
-Stock Carburetor
-Stock Air Intake Tube "Ported by me"
-Stock Exhaust "No baffle"
-RSE High Compression CNC Head 66cc / 80cc "From Gasbike.net"
I run 93 Octane fuel, and i haven't re-jetted the carburetor, my question basically is, what do i need to do to my carburetor to make this set up work properly? Also i Live in North Texas and its fall so air temp is between 40 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit... any help would be greatly appreciated. i bascically do not know where to go from here.

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
Make sore your fuel mix is a little rich before removing the baffle. The change will give you more power and lean your mix a little. Do you like the RSE head so far? I am looking at the shark head from gas bike.I have gone about 3000 miles no baffle. I am 198lbs and carry a 20lbs back pack with rain and cold weather gear. Last ride it was 31°F.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
If you could explain more how it is running now it would be helpful. You think it's going to blow? Is it running extra hot or something? Does it idle okay? Does it bog down? Is it 4 stroking? Losing power? More info please.

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
It runs well we have very steep hills here. Strangely it runs best going up hill! Hits 26 going up the steepest hill in town. Runs rich on flat land tops out at 28mph. 26" wheels 44 tooth. Take bike to work 12 miles each way every day.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Welcome speedy!
Why do you think it will blow?
If you did remove the baffle It will be loud- is that why you think it will blow?
These engines run correct with proper back pressure. If this is otherwise stock you do not need 93 octane fuel. Put a stock muffler back on. Complete break in. After a tank of Rich mix go to a 32:1 (4oz oil- 1gal gas) mix and put some miles on it. Check head, carb, exhaust studs for tightness. I would do nothing more at this point.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
It runs well we have very steep hills here. Strangely it runs best going up hill! Hits 26 going up the steepest hill in town. Runs rich on flat land tops out at 28mph. 26" wheels 44 tooth. Take bike to work 12 miles each way every day.
Wayne is this a response to Speedy? I'm not sure what you are talking about.

SpeedyBeedy

Nov 6, 2017
@allen standley , thank you for the opinion but honestly i have no interest in putting my exhaust baffle back on. i tried reinstalling it with my new head installed as well and it ran way slower "it wouldnt exceed 5mph". the bike seems to four stroke now only a little at 20mph, and i cant seem to exceed 21-22mph going down hill, the head doesnt seem to be getting too hot at all now that i adjusted the carb needle to the 2nd notch from the bottom, the temp here when i ride this time of year is somewhere between 39 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit. the bike four strokes when cold @ WOT. but i weigh 165 lbs, with a 10 lb back pack. im suspecting that maybe my chain is at a bad angle and causing unneccesary strain on the engine resulting in my lower engine speed. so i will modify the chain. @waynesdata the head seemed to give me a little more low end torque, and what i mean by that is i can accelerate as fast as my buddies alleged 80cc now up to 20 mph at which point he continues going. the bike also now has the ability from a dead stop to take me up a steep hill all the way up to 17-19mph. i bought the RSE head off a buddy who got it from gas bike and it wouldnt seal properly, so i partially resurfaced it, and its sealed great for me ever since. ive got about 170miles on the bike now, and ive got about 80 with this head, seems to work great except for the fact that i cant exceed 20mph :(

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
OK Speedy, at this point I would not do a thing beyond accumulate miles. They do run better after things get seated, normally after break in. Just run it. Don't abuse it. Vary your speed for now and no wide open long stretches. Mine have always run better and better with miles. After you achieve the best you feel it will ever be then tweak things. Keep an eye on that chain. Go with your gut and tweak that now if you think needed. Good Luck to you! I'll follow along to see how your doing.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
@allen standley , thank you for the opinion but honestly i have no interest in putting my exhaust baffle back on. i tried reinstalling it with my new head installed as well and it ran way slower "it wouldnt exceed 5mph". the bike seems to four stroke now only a little at 20mph, and i cant seem to exceed 21-22mph going down hill, the head doesnt seem to be getting too hot at all now that i adjusted the carb needle to the 2nd notch from the bottom, the temp here when i ride this time of year is somewhere between 39 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit. the bike four strokes when cold @ WOT. but i weigh 165 lbs, with a 10 lb back pack. im suspecting that maybe my chain is at a bad angle and causing unneccesary strain on the engine resulting in my lower engine speed. so i will modify the chain. @waynesdata the head seemed to give me a little more low end torque, and what i mean by that is i can accelerate as fast as my buddies alleged 80cc now up to 20 mph at which point he continues going. the bike also now has the ability from a dead stop to take me up a steep hill all the way up to 17-19mph. i bought the RSE head off a buddy who got it from gas bike and it wouldnt seal properly, so i partially resurfaced it, and its sealed great for me ever since. ive got about 170miles on the bike now, and ive got about 80 with this head, seems to work great except for the fact that i cant exceed 20mph :(
Clip position determines the depth the needle sets in the Jet. Second notch from bottom tells me the needle is not deep enough to regulate flowl Raise the clip position to restrict flow and reduce 4 stroking. I am at 60 FT above Sea Level, I clip at second notch from the top. Also you may have to adjust float- don't go there yet. Just Raise the Clip to set needle lower and restrict that flow.