Newbie here! Looking for suggestions to mod my new kit

GoldenMotor.com

SoughtAnarchy

Oct 17, 2020
Texas, USA
So, I recently bought this kit:

I threw it on a brand new beach cruiser and it was riding fine for a day or two. Then the chain tensioner came loose and broke my spokes. (I'm fine. I was going like 5mph and turned it off as soon as I heard it.) So I looked into it and I bought a spring idler chain tensioner for it and ordered some BBR tuning rims ( https://www.bikeberry.com/engine-ki...vy-duty-motorized-bike-mag-wheels-silver.html ).

I was wondering if there were any suggestions from any more experienced riders out there. I've heard the stock exhaust isn't the best, but it seems fine to me. Is there a way to cover the centrifugal clutch so I don't have to worry about my pants getting caught? Any advice for finding a wider pedal set? I have to ride awkwardly to make sure my leg isn't accidentally touching the exhaust and centrifugal clutch, so I wasn't sure if extended pedals would help or maybe getting a different seat?

(Sorry about the quality)
I can add more pictures if requested! Sadly haven't taken any due to enjoying the ride!

May 22, 2020
The wide pedal set is necessary to actually pedal the bike, the only issue i have is they have a small radius and I can only go about 10mph max pedaling. As far as the exhaust, I have 2 bikes with 49cc 4-strokes and when I swapped the exhaust on one I felt the difference in power. Finally, I've seen that "transmission" having a small plate on the top to prevent anything getting caught.

Loop

May 27, 2020
S.Knoxville
I’m using a spring tensioner and the arch tensioner. The spring tensioner can allow the chain to bounce when rolling quickly downhill and cause the chain to break like it did me, the arch tensioner adds a bit of security.
the wheels are a good choice but as others have said the bikeberry ones are not suited for clamp style brakes you should put disc brakes on it, there are adaptors that will allow you to put a disc and sprocket together but you will have to have a way to mount the caliper.
I also recommend a set of brake handles with switches in them and make a functional taillight for the bike. It will make you safer on the road and I’m sure others will appreciate it.
it’s not hard, just a little soldering and a battery pack.

Reactions: SoughtAnarchy

SoughtAnarchy

Oct 17, 2020
Texas, USA
Thanks for the replies!

Hopefully the spring will work until I can get better brakes for the bike among other things.

Thanks for the heads up about the clamp brakes. I was gonna order some with my next check so that saved me from wasting money.

And I'm only riding during the day until I can get some lights! Was looking at something like this for a taillight/signal light.

Loop

May 27, 2020
S.Knoxville
That’s a cool light, I’ve actually been thinking about turn signals myself, I’ve considered two 10mm orange leds for each side and two astable multivibrator circuits (blinky lights basically) set to a repurposed motorcycle switch.

Loop

May 27, 2020
S.Knoxville
The taillight I am using Is a simple battery powered one with a large red led that is always on when powered (via usb battery box with two 18650 cells) and two super bright COB leds taken from a dollar tree tap light that light up when you pull the brake handles.
40E314E9-B6A0-4203-ACC8-DA1B61DE9D3F.jpeg