New project officially underway

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Well, I hope to have the bike finished some time this coming week. I need to slot my jackshaft plate to adjust chain tension, put my clutch and my primary drive chain on, finish the wiring, and make any last adjustments.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Dude, you're gonna love these forks OMG, its amazing. You're gonna be so stoked with your ride once its done, I wish I had a four stroke to ride too. The OCC sounds like a dental drill through a megaphone at full chat lol.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I ordered an ht killswitch from bikeberry and it got here today. Gonna put that on tomorrow, and hopefully finish the bike altogether. Gonna put a proper slot key on the crankshaft/clutch, make my throttle linkage nice and sturdy, adjust my front brake, and that should just about do it. Hoping to drive her home tomorrow.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Pictures! Piicccctturreeesss!
I've been lurking on this thread for a long time and I'm eager to see pictures of how your ride is coming along.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Sorry no pics yet guys, should have taken my camera with me to jb's house today, but...... I drove it for the first time today, and it is freaking AWESOME!!!!!!! I have to get a different cable for my front brake, so I didnt bring it home yet, but thats all thats left to do.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I am happy for you Bean, it takes some time on a non- kit build as you found out.

You have a good friend... JB.... I know the jackshaft took some work to fit your bike... Glad it all worked out.

Jeff

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Thanks, Jeff. The jackshaft is great, works wonderfully. It didnt take too much work to fit the bike, just had to slot it for chain adjustment and flip the output sprocket around for chain alignment. Chains are lined up perfectly. I have a spring loaded tensioner as well, and its all working out beautifully so far.