New project officially underway

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Your bike is looking good Bean... It's just missing a jackshaft....had to hunt down that 28 tooth sprocket... The JK was shipped today...

I really like that headlight, you said treatland right
Sorry yes, I got it from treatland. Meant to answer this question a few days ago, but forgot. Its a GUIA headlight for all mopeds.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Jackshaft will be here tomorrow, but no time to build :( Gotta take a trip to Indiana with overnight stops in Ohio, but definitely gonna get started on this bike one day next week, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. Unless the trip gets cancelled.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Everything is good, just gotta drive my brother to indiana. He got his truck driving license there, and they wont mail it to him, he has to pick it up in person. So we're driving him down for that.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Just got the jackshaft like 10 min ago, and Jeff I must say, this thing is SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha, I freaking LOVE it!!!! I can not WAIT to put this thing on my bike! Top notch work, brother! I don't have enough words to describe the awesomeness of this thing. I'm getting ready for a long drive to Ohio, but I'll check back in as soon as I can.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Today I got the throttle attached and came up with a 3rd motor mount. Its a chain tensioner bracket, bent and bolted to my frame and my jackshaft. Works perfectly. Sorry I didn't take any pics today.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Went to Tractor Supply today and got 10 feet of #41 roller chain for $20. The kmc 410H chain I had would not fit the jackshaft output sprocket. I'm going to work on the bike again on Thursday, and I think I may be able to finish it that day.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Lookin good.Did you end up mounting the top of the motor to the frame?I know you were thinking of doing that.