New Moto-Bike to Restore

GoldenMotor.com

Paul Browning

Dec 19, 2010
Long Beach, Ca.
Hey All:

I just grabbed this bike up the street for "free" and will be starting to restore it soon. Anyone familiar with this typle of cruiser moto-bike? Anyone have any tips for a first-time owner regarding how I should get started on the restore and/or resources, especially in Long Beach, Ca.?

Thanks y'all.
Paul

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida
Hey Paul.
No image. Maybe you are not able to post pics yet. If not, you should comment on a few other posts and then you can post pictures. Looking forward to seeing the bike.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
You have to have, I think, 5 posts to put some pics up.
Welcome to the best motor bike forums on the web and the greatest addiction I've found.
Just reply a few more times and you can put your pics up.

Paul Browning

Dec 19, 2010
Long Beach, Ca.
Thanks Goat Herder. So a neighbor gave me a motorized stand cruise that ran fine, but hasn't been started in a couple years. Should the motor be okay? It's in pretty good shape, but needs complete restoration. Excuse my ignorance about motor-bicycles, but you have to peddle to start it, right?

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
welcome paul

well with out pics and a bettter understanding of the shape of the bike the only thing i can really suggest is make sure all the bolts are tight the tires are good everything is smooth on the bike and all connections wiring and such are good an make sure to mix some fresh fuel before trying to start

generally get the bike itself in good order then work on making sure the motor is solidly mounted , the chain, and rear sprockeet are stable and then the wiring, fuel, throttle, and clutch cable are funtioning properly

if its the standard chinese kit its a pedal start