New in frame 4 stroke kit in development!

GoldenMotor.com

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Hey guys all is going well trying out this new exhaust configuration. It works pretty good but I think a little restrictive so in this case make a smoother transition between the manifold and the tail pipe. This pipe should fit any standard build, it doesn't alter stock equipment and it routes the exhaust away from the riders leg.

No failures or funny stuff w/ transmission, It's Running Strong! Already making improvements on Dans kit I'm hoping to have to him early next week.

So really guys, thanks for the kind words! But we know we gotta beat the crap out of these things before we start selling them.

I'm pounding out the miles slowly but surely! I'll try to make it more surely and less slowly!

Thanks again, Evan FBC

Last edited:

beerbattered

Jan 1, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Sorry for the sob story but here it is, In about five weeks I am going to be closing an estate (my mother passed away last year), when I get my inheritance, I have many months of work to do on my house and I probably won't be able to work on this project again until next christmas. I have OCD worse than Rainman and when I can't complete a project I can't live with myself. I will sign a release of liability if you will sell me a Whisper. I will continually update you on how it performs. I will post pics and vids on the forum. I can be a field tester. If it breaks, (unless it is a catastrophic failure) I have mechanical ability to fix it. Doooooooooood, please don't make me buy something else, that I probably don't want. PM me.

Last edited:

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
So the exhaust in the youtube vid is loud the newest one is inbetween stock and straight as there is a little back pressure from the the stock header and junction flange to the tailpipe. A good thing because we don't have as much adjustability on the carb as I had 1st anticipated. It is a butterfly carb w/ an idle and a main jet no needle so somewhere between noise restricted and free flowing is probably gonna give the best performance.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
After another 12-15 miles today the exhaust is pretty good. I'll play around to find the right balance but it's not far off.

For a 1 speed I think that the ratios are pretty dialed in for the medium speed range and we'll likely change the primary slightly to make it easier to offer low medium and high gearsets depending on customers preferences.

I have this bike geared (pedal side) so that I can assist up to about 20-25 mph; the motor is geared for about 5-35 mph I think it's gone faster but these are safe #'s. I think of myself as 1st gear and the motor as second and it's a really fun symbiotic relationship. I can sill maintain a decent clip up steeper hills and it's easy to get started from a stop. I do love JackShifted stuff but there's something especially fun about pedal assist 1 speeds!

Keep it simple, Reliable, Keep the Cost Down and Look Like a Million Bucks! That's the idea anyway! Thanks, Evan FBC

Youngbird

Vendor
Dec 2, 2008
Longneck, DE
Evan....I for one would never mock your products. They seem very good to me no matter what brand I represent, but jeez a simple yes or no would have been good. Just sayin". Congrats on what you've accomlished and continued good luck!

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Thanks man, good lookin' out! Likewise you guys got a good product. And we're developing something(s) different; compliments to each other! Evan

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I got the same impression...you had to pedal !!!
I have already told Dan how cool I think your collaboration is :)
the future of mab's is 4cycle (IMHO), the more options people have, the better for all of us (^)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I have already told Dan how cool I think your collaboration is :)
the future of mab's is 4cycle (IMHO), the more options people have, the better for all of us (^)
Meant a lot to me Bill. You do great work and was very cool.

Side note, the trailer hitch we talked about has me about going insane, lol. Today is the last day of school and gonna devote some time and a thread to trying to figure out a really decent hitch. Taking my mother to eye surgery the other day, I had told her about your ride, trailer and your grand babies. She thought it was a "hoot" that the 3 of you bop around town using a MB. Wants me to email her a thread with pics. She reads the forum. 68 yrs old God bless her.

She thinks we are all nutz, but a "hoot"

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
:) she sounds like a very cool old gal :)
having been thru eye surgeries myself, 20+ yrs ago, I hope all went well for her :)
I am a very lucky guy, being able to have this much fun with the girls !!! (^)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Thanks Bill. She really is fun to hang out with. Back in the day, Dad would try to play hooky from work by saying the car wouldn't start. She would go out with (My right hand raised and I swear,) a butter knife. Start the car and send him off. Was too funny to see his look of disappointment. To this day, I do not know what he did to sabotage it or how she could fix it with a butter knife.

Driving her to her surgery, she was a wee bit nervous and I was trying to make pleasant thought conversation. She really enjoyed the thought of you and the girls. Really helped.

Thanks very much. Her procedure went great. One minor problem had to be redone on one eye.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
pedaling is to be avoided at all costs... whats the point of a low rev torquey motor if you gots to pedal?
You make a great point in 3 words "at all costs". This is a budget kit that we're developing. A budget kit w/ really neat looking and well working stuff. But is rudimentary by design There's still going to be developments and improvements made. It is not ready for market. Before I finished assembling the first one redesign was in progress. The one that Dan recieves from me in the next few days is already improved upon.

There are 2 more transmission designs on the drawing board, A cvt and a Honda/HuaSheng transmission.

Stay tuned, if you don't see something that you like, you probably will soon!

Thanks, Evan.

john_the_great

Oct 24, 2009
California
Your right tyrslider.... price is definitely a big part of motorized bicycles! :) Its always good to have a low cost option. Lookin' forward to your kit.

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
Wishing you guys best of luck and Thank you for developing a product for the HF engine. I'm impressed w/ the unit design and your enthusiasm for the sport. Looking forward to becoming a customer when your testing is complete. You guys make sense!

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Thank you, that's very kind.

Dan and I like to ride around on cool, reliable bikes; we figure you do too!

Thanks again, Evan FBC

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Yeah, no snow here so far but I've had it in the rain not pouring rain or anything. I think it'll do just fine in incliment weather.