My first race bike build 212cc predator!

GoldenMotor.com

bajaracer1

Jul 11, 2012
Encino ca.
hey guys, i'm coming to the race tomorrow.

does anyone have a 26x2.5 maxis hookworm tire they want to sell me at the race? i have my stock tire that is not sticky enough. i would even be willing to buy a used tire. let me know...

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
im thinking about using one of these motors or the duromax version (i know where a 16hp is) how does it do im wondering about top end speed what could i expect or hope for

bajaracer1

Jul 11, 2012
Encino ca.
.xx.

I'll bring a new one... $40
thank you so much!!!!!!
i'll see you at 2pm.

as for the engine. 16hp is a lot you need to have a good jack shaft system and a strong frame. i have a bike that did 50 mph at 3600 rpm. it had a 6/1 gear ratio.
this bike goes 46 mph at 6500 rpm with 12/1 gear ratio. so it all depends on your gear ratio. you could gear the bike to as fast as you want. maybe 65mph. but that's pretty scary on a bike.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
yea i want to build something nice thats impressive and does 50mph ish i have seen alot of great things on this site as far as custom builds and if i do a 4 stroke i want something that is gong to pull i know i dont need 16 hp but i know where a brand new one is that someone isn't using

bajaracer1

Jul 11, 2012
Encino ca.
if it's free then use it. just plan your project. make sure you know exactly what parts you will need and if they are available. or else you'll be building everything from scratch.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Good job on your race. Your bike sounds good!
I concur... your bike looked & sounded good!

As I told you at the race... "You just graduated out of the 'novice class' on your first day of racing". (You totally out gunned all the other stock bikes in the beginner class)! ;)

Hope to see you again at the next race! (^)

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
thanks buddy! i had a great. this is a hobby i'll be enjoying for a long time!
Sorry I didn't get a chance to introduce myself, seems like I was constantly wrenching on my bike this race. Looks like graduated with flying colors so next time you can help me fend off Scotto and Nash at Grange! :)

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
congratulations on your win and stepping up to the next class. So you know for future races, #8 has been taken since 2011, yep you guessed it by me.
Don't worry magrider, ;) I have been talking to Edan (Not John) ever since he has been building a race bike and he just picked #69 for the next Grange race.

Easy Rider who reluctantly had #69 is now #7

I am going to clean out a few unused race numbers next week.

Last edited:

bajaracer1

Jul 11, 2012
Encino ca.
thank you guys for all your support during the race! everyone in this hobby is really nice and helpful.
yes next time im going into the 11hp class.
hey Neil you know what, i'll take number 69. i use to have that number for 5 years when i was a competitive swimmer. it has brought me luck (in both ways ;) ) so i guess i'll keep it.
let me know if it's mine and i'll go buy the numbers.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
thank you guys for all your support during the race! everyone in this hobby is really nice and helpful.
yes next time im going into the 11hp class.
hey Neil you know what, i'll take number 69. i use to have that number for 5 years when i was a competitive swimmer. it has brought me luck (in both ways ;) ) so i guess i'll keep it.
You got it! # 69 is yours.

The great thing about #69 is that if you screw up and mount it upside down it still reads right! :D

Easy Rider took lucky # 7

Last edited: