My bike project

GoldenMotor.com

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
Heh heh, sounds like a caged animal Max! :)

What colour are you thinking of redoing her in? Ceramic engine enamels are gas/oil/heat resistant, multiple colour's to choose from too. Just a thought :)
I will use the same KTM orange, but it is a 2 component paint that can withstand gasoline , and the engine should have black clutch and magneto
covers

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
ha ha!

Knew a guy with a probe, once... it wasn't pink...
but he had the turbo model.
Amazing how fast he could burn up tires!
rc

Actually, the infra-red temp probes are a handy thing to have around...
I got one way back when they were expensive.
Now Beavis has it... itsok, he does a lot of mech work...

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
Have made some changes , new mufflers, a little quieter exhaust sound, new saddle, wireless speed sensor. Did a 80 miles bike ride today, everything works perfectly. The engine works perfectly,goes good for 30 mph, top speed 44mph. can not seem to run faster with 36 tooth rear sprocket, however lacks a little power at lower rpm, will probably change the header of the expansion chamber for better bottom pull

Attachments

Last edited:

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik

Attachments

Last edited:

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
Hey, I use the same exact engine on my bike as the one in the picture except the 2 piece cylinder version. It's deemed to be a very powerful, but not so reliable engine. I achieved over 11.5k RPM with mines.

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
Time for a little update of my bike. Bought new wheels with mounts for disc brakes, rims are a bit narrower than what I have today, will use a narrower tire for it to roll a little easier for higher top speed :) Have also ordered a rear sprocket(35 tooth) for disc brake mount from e-bay
On the front wheel i will have a disc brake, but on the rear wheel, I will continue with rim brake -it is not necessary on the rear wheel

Attachments

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
How many miles did you approximately put on this thing so far?
Seems like that China Girl engine is being very reliable.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I have a chinagirl on The Pig with several thousand miles. Had one coil failure from me forgetting to seal the cover. Never had the head off since I cleaned it when I got it.
If you take care of it right, the HT's can be very reliable!