My bike project

GoldenMotor.com

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
I shoud post some picture on my bike, it is not completed yet.
Next thing i will do is fabricte a new gastank. i should remowe the upper frame tube and replace it white a 3inch tube 1/16 thick. The Expansion chamber is from a Yamaha DT50 and works very well on the engine.The muffler is modified originale muffler whitch is modified white parts from a RZ350. I should also replace the front fork to one white suspension and a discbrake , i think it is
necessary when the bike is going 40mph. The engine has got a "Blueprint" and it works great

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Davideo

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
Update! My bike project

Hello! A little update on my bike projects. I have driving about 100miles with my bike, and it works very god. it has a topspeed about 64kmh. All that has happened is a broken aluminium Inlet manifold
The chinese quality of aluminium is not so good. So i have to make a new manifold in steel.
I have also made a develoment of my bike, has anyone done this before? two rear rear sprocket.
I think it vill be nice to have both speed and torque! so i have mounted one 36 and a 44 sprocket.
Its very easy to shift from 36 to 44 you only need some chain links!
And i have also made a new chain tensioner instead of the uggly oem version that followed by the engine kite.
Next step is to remake my expansionchamber to get more torque on lower rpm. Its start working about 7300-9400, if anyone has driven a ypvs yamaha, its feel the same but in a 60cc way!! not so many hp. So i vill make the header a littel bit longer for more torque on low rpm.

Attachments

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
Re: Update! My bike project

Hello! A little update on my bike projects. I have driving about 100miles with my bike, and it works very god. it has a topspeed about 64kmh. All that has happened is a broken aluminium Inlet manifold
The chinese quality of aluminium is not so good. So i have to make a new manifold in steel.
I have also made a develoment of my bike, has anyone done this before? two rear rear sprockets.
I think it vill be nice to have both speed and torque! so i have mounted one 36 and a 44 sprocket.
Its very easy to shift from 36 to 44 you only need some chain links!
And i have also made a new chain tensioner instead of the uggly oem version that followed by the engine kite.
Next step is to remake my expansionchamber to get more torque on lower rpm. Its start working about 7300-9400, if anyone has driven a ypvs yamaha, its feel the same but in a 60cc way!! not so many hp. So i vill make the header a littel bit longer for more torque on low rpm.
More pictures on my bike

Attachments

Last edited:

lepooner38

Jun 23, 2010
Texas
Re: Update! My bike project

Looks good........so it is a manual switch between the 2 sprockets because of the added chain links?

SAYNONOW

Aug 14, 2010
S.C.
How much better is that exhaust than the original? Better top end? Looks cool though, mtn bike is my next build for sure.

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
How much better is that exhaust than the original? Better top end? Looks cool though, mtn bike is my next build for sure.
I dont realy know, because i have never tried the original exhaust. but its revs mutch more, about 9500rpm , and have realiy nice power range from low to high rpm.

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
Nice set up you got there so the manual switching gears looks like it works well. There is some more talk of this subject been going on here. http://motorbicycling.com/f3/new-shift-concept-engineers-21357.html

I like the tuned pipe you got there now I would like to find that pipe somewhere. Any pointers?
The tune pipe is from a Yamha DT50 .I have build a new header so it vill fit my bike. It works verry well, when i drive for longer rides it is much smother and less vibrations white a 36 instead of a 44sprocket

Attachments

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Thanks A buddy of mine has a very similar pipe coming around the left side looks Identical.
His bike runs quit well. He blew out the wrist pin cage over revving it though. I like the left side route.

His came off the same brand bike too I think. Put a bigger carb on it added about two and a half or three inches to his header. Had to cut the expansion chamber down the middle and re clock it to fit the frame it was a project.