Motorized Bicycle Take a Tip...Leave a Tip

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
i got the ratchet adapter that works to the drill and bolt pice
Your "ratchet adaptor" is basically an extension rod, to adapt the socket to the drill's chuck.
The standard ratchet extension won't do this.

With your "adaptor", when the engine speed is faster the the drill, the flywheel/clutch nut will loosen up.

You need your adaptor and this adaptor:
Craftsman Ratchet Adapter 3052,30714,30721 You Pick Size(ts 324) | eBay

When engine speed is faster than the drill, this adaptor will freewheel,
preventing the flywheel/clutch nut from loosening up.

Reactions: MEASURE TWICE

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Your "ratchet adaptor" is basically an extension rod, to adapt the socket to the drill's chuck.
The standard ratchet extension won't do this.

With your "adaptor", when the engine speed is faster the the drill, the flywheel/clutch nut will loosen up.

You need your adaptor and this adaptor:
Craftsman Ratchet Adapter 3052,30714,30721 You Pick Size(ts 324) | eBay

When engine speed is faster than the drill, this adaptor will freewheel,
preventing the flywheel/clutch nut from loosening up.
Equivalent to the paul clutch

My Briggs engine has recoil starter with paul clutch between it and the crankshaft.

China Girl Engine would have probably different part needed like 57H had mentioned Craftsman Ratchet Adapter, same idea though.

lavaflown1221

Apr 29, 2021
i got the clutch fixed and i have a pull start on the way that broke me all i need now is 2 47mm 2 stroke piston rings for motorized bike plz will some one send me some to 1222 batesburg hwy saluda sc 29138 plz hlp me i really want to get on the road

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Gasket Making 101 - Gaskets Made Easy

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Want to make A Quality Exhaust Gaskets and have enough for a lifetime?

Making Quality Exhaust Gaskets - Graphite with Steel Mesh Center

Reactions: MEASURE TWICE

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
For gaskets without metal in the material I have from HF Tools a small kit of hole punches. I think if they are not exact size I need, your idea of using a grinding tool can fix that. A cone shape grind stone used with care I suppose can just stop at the pen marks?

Reactions: wrench

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
For gaskets without metal in the material I have from HF Tools a small kit of hole punches. I think if they are not exact size I need, your idea of using a grinding tool can fix that. A cone shape grind stone used with care I suppose can just stop at the pen marks?
Not sure what type of gasket material your using.
But grinding it can fluff up certain types of gasket material and ya don't get a clean edge.

Here is another Idea that might work for you
After ya use the hole punch
If your able to cut that gasket material with a razor knife.
Bolt the gasket over the hole and trim the edge with the razor knife.
I do that when I make intake gaskets

lavaflown1221

Apr 29, 2021
yea i got a damn tip and ill leave yall with this dont buy china doll motorized bike they are shitty also its a hit or miss on getting a good engine
lmao i done spent over 400 and still not running smh be the last time i order a thing like this online

• Haha
Reactions: wrench

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
yea i got a damn tip and ill leave yall with this dont buy china doll motorized bike they are shitty also its a hit or miss on getting a good engine
lmao i done spent over 400 and still not running smh be the last time i order a thing like this online
That’s largely why this forum exists, cause of people that think they can get something for nothing. Reliability usually costs around $1000 minimum...

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Testname111

May 20, 2021
Mount your exhaust to the frame, keeps u from overtightened motor mounts and keeps your engine from drifting to the left on the drive train side, I usually use extra motor mounts

Attachments

joss

Aug 31, 2021
Argentina
You know most of us do things eventually to modify the bikes for the better or worse. It would be a nice gesture if we stick them out there for others to see.

Take this one for what it is worth.

The clutch lever in my kit was trash from the first. I never could make it work worth a darn, so I replaced it with a brake lever I had laying about. Here is the trick. I cut a piece of old inner tube to lock the handle up so I could roll the bike in and out. I leave it on the grip so I can use it to hold the clutch in if I need to adjust the bike.

I also hated the throttle that came with the bike. I replace it with a shifter from a mountain bike. I can lock the throttle in any position while I work on things. I don't think either of those is earth shattering, but they seem to work better for me. Probably won't help anyone else.

So leave me your tip I can use all the help I can get...
Excelentes ideas! Yo tambien cambie esas partes, y son mucho mas practicas y durables; buena recomendacion, minimos cambios pero de gran importancia en la funcion

Reactions: truckd