Motorized Bicycle Carburetor pictures how to install and rebuild

GoldenMotor.com

MeatCarcass

Aug 24, 2010
New Orleans
What is that screw next to the Tickle button? and What happens when you adjust it?

I think its the idle screw, but since I'm a noob, i might be wrong, I'm just trying to make sure.

videomandw

Jun 24, 2010
indiana
Re: Carb pictures how to

norman,

thank you so much for your cool lessons. you helped me adjust the notch to put my needle valve in and get the carb back together right and you also helped me to adjust my clutch. i appreciate your lessons and they are funny too.

dave welch
valparaiso, in

captaries

Oct 2, 2010
Scottsdale,AZ.
I saw your' article and thought it:-|| very helpful, and, though I was able, thru a tear-apart, to figure out most of your' info for myself, I'm haveing another problem with it that I hope you can help with....I've installed a new carb and cable, and adjusted out both ends to the max, hoping to take up slack, but I'm getting no response at the throttle, there's no return action. I've looked thu the air intake and can see the needle in in the hole, but the twist grip dosn't spring back, and I can't see if the needle is moving...any suggestions?...don't really wanna take off the bottom of the carb to see if needle is playing..(gasket is such a pain!)..but the return spring dosn't seem to be returning the throttle!

From Norman
You must have the throttle slide in wrong where is a slot going down the side of the slide it indexes on a small nub in the hole the slide goes down. once you get the slide in correctly it should work.
seeing how this is an old post you've hopefully found that out by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hiigel

Oct 23, 2010
Eastern Oregon
Hi, Gary here. I'm new to motorized bikes; I have a 66/80 cc whatever motor. Upon accreloration, towards top end, my motor just dies out. No sputter, just loses all power till I slow down. Is there a cause?? A problem with the stock carbs?? Is there an easy fix?

I also have Boost bottles, and along with the expansion chamber, I am quite happy, although I am now using just one bottle. It, along with the expansion chamber make my bike quite a bit more responsive to throttle.

If you have any suggestions on my carb, I would appretiate a note.

Thanks,

Gary

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
I have no boost bottles but do run a expansion chamber, On One bike the carb pulls to top end and then some! on the other bike it runs to top end and falls on it's face then picks back up, falls on it's face again and so on, so on-But only on top end , other wise it runs decent but could run better. both are stock carbs, Identical outside appearing but totally different in how they run. not all carbs are the same! just as a update, I finished a carb replacement on above said bike. I kept my same slide and needle and jet and pick-up tube and swapped out other carb body, installed my own air filter and for what ever reason it does run better, so basicly I swapped out carb body only.
It started better too, before it was hard to start. so I've had my share of carb experience, it's just a matter of finding the right combination of parts to build carb. for example.. the tapering of the fuel needle, some are blunt and some sharp. I run the blunt needles in my bikes and it seems to make run better. when you do find the right combination in the carb , dont get rid of it!

Hiigel

Oct 23, 2010
Eastern Oregon
I burned my pantleg, and the seam pulled into the chain and broke the small drive gear just as I was crossing a 4 lane hwy. Screaching halt, and a 4 mile peddle home on a cold night.

thunderbolt

Sep 30, 2010
Phoenix Arizona USA
very good info. I bought a cns carb and haven't got it dialed in yet. I hope someday you get a chance to tear one down and tweak it like the nt. I got my 66cc engine kit from bikeberry and didn't have too much trouble with it except for the carb, it wouldn't work right because the cheap design. I also added the chamber pipe from sick bike parts and it works nice, no more worry about weight on the cylinder plus much better performance. your articles are very informative, thank you very much.

aquileus

Jan 24, 2011
Puerto Rico
Hi guys!

This carb. is being throwing the gas by the floats chamber vent hole. I set the needle in the first notch from the top and remove the air filter getting better results but still leaking the gas. This engine is new, run his first gas tank already, but with very bad MPGs.

Do you guys knows what's going on here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE4QLU3BO7A

At the end is noticiable the oil in the floor, comes out of the exhaust.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Re: Carb pictures how to

The float looks like a problem here or the needle valve seat . Also make sure the float floats. If it is some how not sealed well it , the float itself could fill up with fuel and not float any more.
Hi guys!

This carb. is being throwing the gas by the floats chamber vent hole. I set the needle in the first notch from the top and remove the air filter getting better results but still leaking the gas. This engine is new, run his first gas tank already, but with very bad MPGs.

Do you guys knows what's going on here?

YouTube - Motorized bike 66cc carburator floading.

At the end is noticiable the oil in the floor, comes out of the exhaust.
float how it looks when its upside down I'm sure there's a measurement in china but I don't know what it is I should have measured it in the pic. this photo the float isn't setting level but it should be my mistake when I took the photo. With the float setting level it should get you in the ball park.

If you did not use a fuel filter you may have a small crumb of trash on the needle seat this will not let it seal ether.

adjusting the float for the fuel level this is something to do only if you can't get it to stop flooding or over filling the bowl with fuel. If you ruin it you most likely will have to get a new carb. I haven't checked on parts at the cycle shops. I'm showing where to bend it I don't recommend bending the tangs as it would be hard to get them the same and they probably are not the same anyway but if you can try to get the tangs close to being the same then bend where I'm showing in the photo try to get the float level with the carb upside down. messing with fuel level in the float bowl will affect rich to lean to a degree how much on this thing I don't know. lower fuel level equals learner mixture and can starve engine and you might burn a hole through the piston. something to think about. Do a plug check when messing with the carb.
A quick and easy cave man check to see if the needle and seat are working. attach a short piece of fuel line to the carbs inlet fuel nipple hold the carb right side up using your lungs blow into the fuel line as your blowing into the fuel line turn the carb up side down you shouldn't be able to blow through it then. Hey don't do this with fuel in the carb fuel is not good for you and don't suck on it for cryin out loud!

aquileus

Jan 24, 2011
Puerto Rico
Took me a while this morning to get great results adjusting the needle, cause it was going to lack of power in the 1st notch to 4 stroking in the 2nd notch. At one point, kind of frustrated with the results, I remove the gas tank cap and feel a improve in the power, then remove the air filter and it ran much better, finally set the needle in the 1st notch and TaDaaaa .wee. is running awsome.

I put back the air filter and still good enough for me. Thank you guys for your help and for this very helpfull thread.

davo

Feb 15, 2011
sydney
also an old bicycle tube with glue on the bowl only works a treat as a gasket there. cos thes a bead on the carb to seal up top. alot less messy than silicum!!!!

fllemonlaw

Oct 1, 2011
Florida
Remove the air filter/ air box. (I needed to unbolt the rear shock to get to mine). Carefully install the carburetor starting with the throttle slide. Make sure to line up the slots on the slide with the jets in the carb, do not force this to go, if lined up properly it will slide in smooth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
I finally pulled mine apart tonight for the first time, man it's ridiculous how simple everything is on these things. I love simplicity so much. Many times the best way to improve something isn't to add something to it, it's to remove the fat.

K.I.S.S Keep It Simple Stupid

59poncho

May 2, 2012
mexico
i live about 5000 feet up in the mountians of mexico and was wondering if i should re-jet my stock china girl. it runs alright and i am going to fidle with it tommorow. Also, i would imagine i need a little more air to get into the carb, is there any diy things i can do for this as it is very hard to get parts here

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
i live about 5000 feet up in the mountians of mexico and was wondering if i should re-jet my stock china girl. it runs alright and i am going to fidle with it tommorow. Also, i would imagine i need a little more air to get into the carb, is there any diy things i can do for this as it is very hard to get parts here
start digging this forum. there are tons of tips on this!