IZIP to GAS Scooter Project

GoldenMotor.com

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
d gizzle,
Here is the one I bought 2 of...I replace the #25 sprocket that comes on it with a $4.99 Dax 410 10T sprocket and run BMX (fixie 1/8") chain to a 22T ACS Crossfire freewheel. Up to 12.5" wheels w/max speeds between 23-33 mph depending on engine max rpm.
Its a 5:1 reduction and super reliable. I am running 3 of these now wit no problems.
I do open them up and check for grease, then add my own thin grease when I first buy them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/17028804742...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1901wt_1074
Cheers,
-Lowracer-

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Ok,that's what's up. Now I just gotta figure out how to put it in-frame. Really want to be able to shift between at least high and low. That way I can take any hill,any takeoff. Hopefully

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
I think that one for Powerkarts is a 3:1 but I'm not sure-sure.
I do like the 90 degree mount to further simplify mounting it to a rack.
What type of sprocket interface is it? maybe a 'D' fitting.
-Lowracer-

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
****e low,now I'm hesitant. You know any sources for D-bore sprockets in 410 or even 415? I'm pretty sure the Tanaka is stronger than my huasheng so I could replace it with the 40cc. I've seen a few mods in case its not quite fast enough too.

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
I think its harder to find 6 pinion sprockets in 410 for the pocket bike transmissions than anything else...The ones from Fancy Scooters turned out to be for even wider than 415 chain...Dax has the flat unhardened type for cheap....will see how long they last.
Today after swapping three Cag engines and 3 carbs around I ended up boxing up all three cags & dropped them in the trash dumpster. Now I gotta buy me a 'real' engine.
I think the Tanaka 40cc is more robust than the HuaSheng. Adding a bolt-on expansion pipe upgrade & its about the perfect blend of power & reliability.
-Lowracer-

Last edited:

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Just got off the phone with the eBay seller. The sprocket is a dead on match! Now I'm going to do this backwards. I'm gonna buy the sprocket today,the gearbox,then the engine. And he said it comes with 3 threaded bolts for those 3 holes. I guess that means the holes are threaded too? Supposed to be a heavy duty version of the original Bladez gearbox.

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
16v,
I got so fed up trying yet once again to get a cag running well (like my one & only one when I 1st built 'The Beast').
I would feel guilty selling, no, donating that box of carp to anyone.
Gonna stick with Tanaka or Mitsubishi, but would consider Robin or Honda if going the 4 stroke route.
You live...You learn.
-Lowracer-

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
Now I gotta come up with a way to improve the Bladez drivetrain.
Recently I've become a real fan of incorporating a freewheel into my drivetrains.
The Bladez has 2 belts. One from engine to jackshaft, then one from jackshaft to rear wheel sheave. There is no freewheel, so the clutch gets worked double-time w/ massive amts of engine braking.
I'll either remove the Tanaka 40cc from the Bladez & install it on the 'Scooter from Bike Project', & sell the Bladez as a rolling chassis just add engine, or I can fix the Bladez (re-engineer it) to either run 2 chains or just one chain from a jackshaft mounted sprocket to a freewheel & keep the engine to jackshaft mounted belt drive?
Too much to think about right now...lol
-low-

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
The biggest wheel I'm going to use is 20". But right now I'm using 12.5" wheels with a jackshaft,2 freewheels,and a 4G tranny/huasheng 49cc,all on an old school kick scooter. Almost ready to start that thread. Just need to take some pics. And when/if I use the tanaka it will be going through a crank freewheel/crankshift setup.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Electricscooterparts.com,tncscooters.com,and a few others carry belt sprockets with freewheel 'clutch'. The belt is the same for the 4G tranny. And I think tnc has the best desl,on those currie mags too.

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
I got 3 of the pocket bike 5:1 gearboxes in use now & won't be looking elsewhere.
And for $30, I gotta stick with what works.
Let us know how it works out for you, cause it could be a winner too.
-Lowracer-

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
Well, I heard it was gonna clear up today weatherwise, so I bring the BladyZ Moby XL in the trunk of my car to have some fun during my daily work stops. One of the guys I visited had to have it after riding it around the parking lot a few times. I returned an hour later and sold it....made $100, but now I need a new engine for my 'Bike to Scooter Project'.
Anyone have a 32cc Tanaka they want to sell?
-Lowracer-