Indian Tadpole

GoldenMotor.com

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Nothin to do but think worse case scenario,I guess. My folks friend are camping and the emails about a possible gas shortage are going around. Stay off the internet and don’t watch the news if it’s too much or if it makes you buy TP

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Curt, it's human nature. Some people just go into panic mode and all rational thought stops in it's tracks. Then there is the greedy S.O.B.'s that are planning to make as much money on other peoples misfortune.

We had a couple here in B.C. who waited a half hour before the grocery store was about to close and then raced in with two shopping carts and loaded up all the meat available in the store pushing people out of the way to do it.

They were laughing and bragging to each other about it as they did it. The store let them away with it but however with everyone armed with a camera it wasn't long before their faces were all over the social media. Living in a rural area people knew who they were and they have received death threats and a good and thorough public shaming.

They have apologized and sent $1,000 to the local food bank but that has done nothing to stop the public brush fire surrounding them and may have even made it hotter. The usual lame excuses about why it was done but they won't ride this one out ever.

Move and someone puts your name on the net and it starts in the new area you moved to.

Steve.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
You may have got it Curt. during the Obama administration .22 cal. was hoarded and sold that way.

Youngest son down by Chicago, a card carrying Democrat is talking of arming his self. He is a shitty shot, so I will lone him a 12 ga. Model 12 to make him feel better.
My fear with this loan is his two year old son who is a clever little devil with an angelic smile might figure out how to make it work.
The Chicago area and it's huge population and could with the radio stations pumping hysteria, make class riots a reality.
The curse, may you live in interesting times has gotten more interesting.
Tadpole news we await Steve. If you and Silver Bear meet this year, I will gladly offset your fuel bill if you can swing by.
Tom

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
You may have got it Curt. during the Obama administration .22 cal. was hoarded and sold that way.

Youngest son down by Chicago, a card carrying Democrat is talking of arming his self. He is a shitty shot, so I will lone him a 12 ga. Model 12 to make him feel better.
My fear with this loan is his two year old son who is a clever little devil with an angelic smile might figure out how to make it work.
The Chicago area and it's huge population and could with the radio stations pumping hysteria, make class riots a reality.
The curse, may you live in interesting times has gotten more interesting.
Tadpole news we await Steve. If you and Silver Bear meet this year, I will gladly offset your fuel bill if you can swing by.
Tom

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I'm O.K. for trip money Tom but thank you for your very generous offer. I'm looking forward to meeting you. I'll be down to see you if I can get there. They have closed the border for a month with plans to extend it if need be.

I'm just going ahead with the summer plans and we'll see what happens. These are indeed interesting times. A women who was quarantined with the virus in the Province of Quebec and she was seen outside her house and the fine was $2,000.

Steve.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Steve I think Tom's serious about stopping by, triple post for emphasis, but something an Old guy like me does as an accident.

@ 2 grand a pop Canadian I think Quebec has found a way to profit from others misery, but justified if she had tested positive.

Steve if you can P.M. me how to ship a gift package of motor fins without getting ripped for duties by your highway men stationed at the border, that's an option. I will get time to cut a batch of fins on the plasma table at and just add what you need to my lot. I've got plenty14 gauge sheet on hand. Let me know. Perhaps toy toss rings or garden art/home decorations material, circle of life religious totems...free samples, whatever? Never met a customs man at any border that was likeable.

Rick C.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Rick,

It was draconian in a way with a $2,000 fine but having an infection that if passed on could kill or sicken thousands if you pass it on to one other person requires you to follow the rules.

Both my parents and grand parents lived through the 1918-1919 influenza pandemic and it almost killed my mothers father. They talked about families getting up in the morning and going about their day and the family had all past on by evening. This flu isn't as fast moving at the moment but neither was that pandemic until it gained strength by mutating.

I'll measure how much room I have to work with in the frame and send it to you. Thank you for the kind offer. That would certainly speed up the build and produce a much nicer looking product at the end.

There are ways to send it but usually person to person by mail is the best. When it's a commercial sale they like their share that's why the mail is best. Fed Ex and the Big Brown Truck folks add their fees at every chance they get. The magneto cost was broadened by the U.S.-Canadian dollar difference which I think is now at about 67 cents U.S to buy a Canadian dollar after the bank fees.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
We now have a spark that is big enough stop a camel and wouldn't you know it when I went out to make sure, there wasn't a camel to be found in the neighbourhood. Darned hoarders.

Did a couple of cardboard engine cutouts to get an idea of how big the engine crank case should be on the electric trike and how tall the engine could be. I cut out both a 6" and an 8" crankcase size and the proper one was 7".

Have to go back and figure out how tall the engine can be tomorrow and then figure out how many fins are needed for the piston barrel.

Steve.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Great Steve. While your doing the sizing keep in mind motor lug positions and chain line clearance on motor drive and pedal sprocket to crank clearance, coupled with pedal axle length to clear on the pedal drive side. If Canadian law permits pedal less design so much the better.

E-motor length gave me more problems with my case design, using internal jackshaft, going to a bottom bracket reduction gear eliminates some case width problems but not all. Glad to share the detail with you as this goes along. With 7" case you don't have any motor diameter issues with e-motors so if you can find a short motor (5" case length is what I use) something less than 5" would be better.

How much power and what gear reduction is required to reach legal speed shouldn't be too much of a problem either. So maybe a low watt gear reduction motor in case or just go with reduction hub drive then the faux engine is really easy. You've some options.

As of yesterday my guy with the plasma table was still operational and so am I.

Rick C.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Just got home 15 minutes ago. Woke up at 8:30 this morning with the camel I could not find yesterday standing on my chest and my right arm sore as possible.

Uneven heart beat and now on blood thinners for at least 3 months to start. Missed the heart attack fortunately. Back at the tri car tomorrow.

Steve.

Last edited: