Indian Tadpole

GoldenMotor.com

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Steve, I got some time to work on your exhaust today. I'll be done with it by weeks end leaving only the pedal start clutch to be completed. I'll post some "shock-n-aw" pictures later this week. It is coming together real well. Should be able to be shipped within the next couple weeks if youre ready for it.

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal
[/QUOTE]
SilverBear hello, thanks for sharing, as will my friend, there's not much to talk about, I've been a little busy, I still come to the forum to see what's new. theme of this trikes also something of interest to me, and really well I think that is a bit unstable trike especially on curves for reasons of mass displacement. I'm in the process of finishing a trike for a client with a Franco morini motor automatic, it has carateriticas own for the person who commissioned me if your friend is interested in seeing I can take pictures and post here in the forum, it was done starting at one full suspension bike and intended to advertise the beach with a score. Now I have a theory and I'm doing a sketch of a trike for me and based on the two front wheels fixed and single rear wheel to make the turn, the front wheel traction is with differential, and the user's body will rotate as the radius of curvature of the road to compensate for displacements of masses

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Rick,
Can't thank you enough for doing the motor and parts. The drywall is about done and and in the new year I'll be back at it so whenever you have the motor ready let me know but as always there is no rush.

We had sun here for about a half hour today and that is the first time in 10 days so anything that needs to be done outdoors waits for these few sunny periods. Needless to say construction is slow this time of year.

I'm going to join the crowd that is waiting to see the photos. There is a good number of us for sure.

Steve.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Jose, hello my friend, it is always good to see your post. Yes. please do share photographs and any details you wish of your build and of your design ideas. I know that Steve and others will find your ideas of interest, as will I.

I don't know if you celebrate Christmas or the winter Solstice there in Portugal. Most people here in the states celebrate Christmas or Hanuka. I observe the Solstice and some aspects of Christmas, but not so much all of the gift buying and giving. Whatever you celebrate at this time of year, may you and your family enjoy much happiness and good health!
SB

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal
Jose, hello my friend, it is always good to see your post. Yes. please do share photographs and any details you wish of your build and of your design ideas. I know that Steve and others will find your ideas of interest, as will I.

I don't know if you celebrate Christmas or the winter Solstice there in Portugal. Most people here in the states celebrate Christmas or Hanuka. I observe the Solstice and some aspects of Christmas, but not so much all of the gift buying and giving. Whatever you celebrate at this time of year, may you and your family enjoy much happiness and good health!
SB
hello, friend, I'll prepare a photo and I'll share in the forum rather like the ideas that I have in mind. Here in Portugal we celebrate Christmas yes, is the highest point on the Family, I really like, despite not agreeing with the exaggerated consumption of this court. I hope that your friend has a block very happy Christmas in the company of those who are dear to you.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hello Jose,

It is good to hear that you still look in on us. Looking forward to seeing what your ideas for a trike are. Do you have pictures of the trike you built with the Franco Morini motor and the trike you are going to build. It would be most interesting to see them.

I looked on Google to see how Christmas was celebrated in Portugal. Very interesting and very much like ours. I live with my brother and his family and my children live far away so I will not see them but with my brothers family and our mother who will be 101 years old this Christmas I will be surrounded by family.

May you and your family have a wonderful Christmas Season and a very Happy New Year.

Steve.

Last edited:

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal

SB
hello, well being and do not want to deviate from the topic of this post, below pictures of my building that is nearing completion. the painting came from an inexpensive full suspension bike, the rear of the trike was executed by me

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal
Hello Jose,

It is good to hear that you still look in on us. Looking forward to seeing what your ideas for a trike are. Do you have pictures of the trike you built with the Franco Morini motor and the trike you are going to build. It would be most interesting to see them.

I looked on Google to see how Christmas was celebrated in Portugal. Very interesting and very much like ours. I live with my brother and his family and my children live far away so I will not see them but with my brothers family and our mother who will be 101 years old this Christmas I will be surrounded by family.

May you and your family have a wonderful Christmas Season and a very Happy New Year.

Steve.
Fasteddy Hello friend, I am very happy for your words, 101 years by his mother, age really is a very beautiful, some sadness for his friend have in this block home their children far away, but life is like that has these things, the important thing is that they are well. as the home court so also am aware Christmas is celebrated more or less as in Canada, a country that I really liked to know. I've posted photos of my trike I hope you enjoy criticisms are always Friendly
Jose Pinto

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Jose,
I like your trike a lot. Strong and well built and with the Morini Franco engine it will run for ever.
Do you have to have a head light and tail lights on your bikes in Portugal to be legal?

Steve.

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal
PSD,
Don't you love working out the details. Trike looks really good.

Steve.
Hello friend Steve, my project is not finished yet, I have little time work takes me enough, I'll install light trike in the front and back, my morini motor has a coil of light that will charge a battery that will feed all the circuit. In Portugal it is mandatory the use of lighting on bikes. As already said the project is not finished yet, but I promise I'll update here in the forum
hug
Jose Pinto

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hello Jose,
It's good to hear from you once again. I know that the trike is not finished but I was wondering about the lights.
It is hard to have a job and find time to build bikes at the same time is it not.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
The other set of hubs and the axles for both sets of hubs came this afternoon from the maker in England. I'll be up to the machine shop the first of the new year to have the spindles welded on and get the bronze bearings installed so they turn on the king pin with out binding on it. I'll have him make the 3/4" x 12" king pins as well since they need to be threaded on each end.

I'll send Silverbear his set so he can put spokes and rims on them and when the weather gets better he can install them.

Steve.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Steve, looks like a warm up here mid week,mid 40's and 50 by sat. Hoping to get out in the garage to work on your parts some more. Rick

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hi Rick,
Hope you have recovered from the flu. I have heard that it is about as bad as it gets and you still live through it.
No hurry on the motor and don't put yourself out to push it onwards. I surely appreciate you doing it along with all your other builds.

I understand about the weather all to well. We had a month of rain before we saw any sun shine and that lasted two of the coldest days we've had so far this winter. I haven't been out in the garage working on anything other than the ceiling for almost that long but the drywall is up and painted and hopefully the lights will be up this week and I'll be getting things cleaned up.

Steve.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Steve , no sweat on the engine I enjoy doing these kinda things. Feeling much better, thank you. This last case of flu I was the sickest I've ever been. I've got a big garage (22x40) but no drywall, Insulation or heat. In this weather the only benefit is its dry and out of the wind. I bought a kit that turns a 55g drum into a wood burnin forced air furnace. You can always get more done in a comfortable work area.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Glad to hear that you made it through the illness. Your garage sounds like my dream. My brothers is 22'x22' but their the packrat family. I carved a small area out and try to expand it as I can. Darn glad to have what I have but the battle never ends.

Friend of mine had a barrel stove like that in the seventy's and it worked really well. He bought a second kit that put another barrel on top to capture the heat before it went up the chimney.
Wind blew the snow through the cracks in the wall of the workshop and it melted, so for the first hour or so the next morning you had to be careful where you stepped or you might bounce off the floor.

Steve.