silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Bern (more) and Belgrade (less)
Hello,
Magnificent machine, wonderful countryside and good video - except music! The betetr would be without any - just sound of machine and wind (maybe birds?)...
Our unknown friend really enjoy in ride? I would like too - but, I dobut if my wife would like to seat in that box, even with front doors open? But, who knows?
Ciao,
Zoran

Attachments

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
I haven't been here for a pretty good while. I am catching up with your thread. I have been building a shop and remodeling a house for my sister, too busy! It has been in the high 80s and low 90s. Still haven't finished my recumbent motor bike. Hope everything is going well for y'all!
Elmo

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
I surely missed a lot while I played hooky from the board! You guys, Fast Eddie and Silverbear, have accomplished a lot! Fantastic build!
Elmo

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Thank you Elmo.

You certainly have been working hard. How big is your shop?

Really want to see them finished but the problems with my knee have put things on hold. When I saw the great box on front of the tri car I immediately thought that we should make a box for the front of Silverbears tri car that says Dog Catcher. That was Anniimoosh the wonder dog could travel in it and he wouldn't have to worry about her getting out not that she ever tries.

Steve.

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
This is now I still have the last bay to finish inside. I have done 98% by myself. It is a little harder at 69 years old. I have spent a good part of two years on it.
Elmo
Now image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
That's long enough isn't it. The cost of building one is massive just for the materials and if you can't build it yourself it's a whole lot worse.

Thankfully I live with my sister in law and brother and there is a nice double car garage. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't be doing anything.

Steve.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
WOW! that is a nice size shop,as long as you keep the car out.LOL My shop is 20x24 and full. You will love the 10' side walls as makes room for shelves overhead. I put up 2 rolls of 1'x12' boards all around on three walls. Labeled boxes on whats in them,then what standing shelves i had cut them down to 12" so you don't have to dig to find whats behind the other stuff. And of course the best part is get rid of all the stuff you won't ever use. Hope this helps.........................Curt

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Oh boy, what a great shop that will be. You've done a lot, young fella! My shop is bigger yet, just doesn't have floor, walls or roof. Even has a lake in it for cooling off in the summer, skating in the winter.
SB
Thanks Silverbear. That sounds like my shop for the last 20 years minus the lake. The earth was my floor and the sky the roof! I do have a creek running through my property though but all that would get wet if I sat down in it would be my butt.
I used gravel and sand from the creek to set the poles. My Grandpa taught me to set posts with gravel when I was a boy. The gravel holds the post as well as concrete and don't trap water. Thanks for the young fella, I don't get that much any more.
Elmo

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
The build is back on again at long last. Health has improved enough to get back at it.

I've ordered a crank set from Pat at Sportsman Flyer. It will be nice to have some superior quality parts on the bike. I asked him if it was possible to get a custom sprocket made for the rear wheel so I can use their rear sprocket mount. I like idea of the fit that you will get with a three piece mount.

It will be a while before the parts get here but still lots of small things to work on.

Steve.