I think our hobby is about to become more popular!

GoldenMotor.com

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
I am not sure why they are proposing that one. Maybe they have shares in Garmin or some other GPS maker and will require that companies involvement.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Yes.. I have seen this. They just Passed an 800 billion soon to be 4 trillion usd bill to fund roads and such. Not sure why they now need a new tax for roads. This tax and spend is killing us. Out of control. Totally.... Completely... Scary stuff...... Very scary... The political Elite is in control and taking more control by the minute. Very scary... I see where the State of NH has declared secession. Here is the Article. HCR 0006
If you will remember, the south tried this decades ago. And well.. We all know what happened. They had the right to do so, but might makes right, and the North sent in the might, moved in, and burned the south to the ground. over 600,000 americans killed over it. Not sure if everyone in the south is over all that yet.. But.. Now the North is trying it. O well.. We will see how far it goes...

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
This proposal came up a few years ago too. There are not enough people still driving guzzlers for a gas tax to provide enough revenue. Uncle Sam will find a way to get the money he wants by taxing something else.

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
Think you could start a business driving around your county, recording odometer miles on everybody's vehicles for the feds . Take kickbacks or bribes to keep their miles down . You could be a revenuer .

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I have two questions about this. Who is going to pay for these gizmos and make sure they are installed? How are they going to prevent people from disabling/tampering with the silly things? I see a whole new black market arising for the tech savvy here!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
It all a crock of you-know-what. I had the same question...who's buying and installing/enforcing these GPS units? Cost effective, nah.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Well, at any rate, I'll fix mine with a hammer if they do want to put one on everything I have.

"Dang, another deer strike".

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Vancouver Island BC .Canada
I think they all ready know your mileage! Most new cars and trucks have ON STAR. They can unlock your doors,know if you've been in a crash,Know where you are and can shut the motor down. I don't think it's to far a stretch to think that they know your mileage. I know that there are black boxes in some cars that can tell them how fast you were going if you got in a crash. IMHO...POPS

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Originally Posted by robin
Maybe we will be taxed according to our body weight and how much gas we pass

Best idea yet.
but but if they do that then I will end up in prison for tax evasion as there is NO way I could pay what they would tax me!
lworider1
and that is not the bike puttin' out those puffs of smoke

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I think they all ready know your mileage! Most new cars and trucks have ON STAR. They can unlock your doors,know if you've been in a crash,Know where you are and can shut the motor down. I don't think it's to far a stretch to think that they know your mileage. I know that there are black boxes in some cars that can tell them how fast you were going if you got in a crash. IMHO...POPS

It will be YEARS before I own anything new enough to carry that kind of technology.