I saw you...

GoldenMotor.com

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
In my 2 years of motoredbiking, I've seen only 3 other MBs; all in the town of Momence. I plan on carrying my camera with me more this year.

Do you mind if I post some pics here of other people's MBs I snap?

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Gee whiz, heck no and golly.
I wish my camera was working, I'd post as many as I could get.
Please post pics of MBs in your hometown.
Thanks. :D
EDIT: I saw two electric mopeds yesterday. One was crossing 1st Avenue at Copper. He was using a designated mid-block crosswalk. These crosswalks are equipped with a red light above the street, traffic is supposed to stop and allow PEDESTRIANS to WALK across. The guy I saw made traffic stop, then mounted his ped and rode across the street, next to the designated crosswalk. He was on a blue electric, the same one Finfan and I saw at a park a couple weeks ago. The other electric, also a moped, was seen at Oracle and Miracle Mile, the scruffy mutt on the thing appeared to be intoxicated, and not able to afford a nice newish electric moped. He was also riding, against the crosswalk light, and all but ignoring the traffic that had to stop for his sorry ass.
Thanks guys! Way to be!

Last edited:

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
This afternoon at around 3:45 as I was riding my MB home from work. A gentleman on a black trike passed me as we were both heading into a brutal wind. He actually smiled and waved as he went by! He was wearing a helmet and had a sign/sticker on the back that read "Still Saving Lives".

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
Beautiful weather here today. But...
Before going on an MB ride, I was going to pull the car out of the garage and put the riding mower in the shed. Brake pedal went to the floor. Looked under the car; brake fluid on the garage floor. So I just pushed the car out to the driveway, put the mower in the shed and took off on the Schwinn.

I was just about reaching town (about 6 miles), when I realized that I left my camera in the charging stand at home. Aggrevation returning.

So naturally, there was an MB in town that I never saw before, parked in front of a bar. It was some strange setup. I think there was a scooter wheel in back and maybe a 24" wheel in front. I'm pretty sure it was electric, but the owner had cardboard covering the "power" parts. I should have stopped in the bar so we could check out each other's builds. But I was still kinda annoyed, and he might not have wanted any attention drawn to his "covert" vehicle.

Pics when I get them.

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
Fixed brake lines, went for bike ride, remembered camera, saw bike at bar.

This getup turned out to be a scooter with a sidecar. (That's the big wheel I saw yesterday)

I've been in this bar before (imagine that) and talked to the owner of the contraption. He usually rides an unpowered red bike with a chromed gas tank and tractor seat. When I first saw the red bike, because of the gas tank on the top tube, I thought it was motorized. He said he just put it there for the **** of it. He has some creative creations, I'll give him that.

I talked to him a bit today about the scooter/sidecar. But he was pretty lit. Because of a health problem, I haven't had a beer in a month and I REALLY wanted one. I couldn't stay in the bar talking to someone so comfortably numb.

Pics below...

Attachments

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Yesterday afternoon around 3pm at Broadway and Jessica in Tucson. I saw a red motorized bike. I think it may have been a Mtn. bike frame but I was too busy trying to figure out the engine. I think the guy had a Whizzer motor mounted. It was definitely using a belt drive system. I'll have to watch for this one!

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
A fruitful day for MB spotting!

Before noon at the dollar store there was a nice red electric-powered thing with a steering bar; like you might see on the old turn-of-the-century buggies. I didn't have my camera at the time.

But I did get pics of a couple other motorized getups in town.

My camera strap got in the way on MBq2.

Attachments

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
When I first saw that bike at the bar, I asked him if it used to be motorized. He said he just put the tank on for the **** of it. It does give the bike some personality. Like when someone says a girl has "a nice personality". Fugly.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Saw a motorized MTB at 7:30 this AM headed East on Guadalupe rd on the I-10 overpass in Phoenix. It appeared to have pannier bags. Ithought he was just coasting a pedal bike down the overpass until I heard the 2 stroke thunder.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Just saw a guy on a MB wearing a long sleeve red shirt and a half helmet riding through my neighborhood about 1:20pm. He turned right (North) on Silverbell. My buddy Alex right this minute is chasing after him lol.

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
I think It was July 11 or 12. Stanford University. A bicycle that was a beach cruser, custom seat and handle bars. A chopper fork and gear shift on the inside of the right handle bar. Looked good, needed a paint job. It did not have a motor, but should get one.

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Manchester Road St.Louis MIsssouri. Bye The Forever oak cementary and the QT. I saw a shop that was called Powersports. It had a motorized bicycle. Will get a pic soon