How fast can your 80cc really go?

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
N Kat, Welcome. I Have A Free Wheel On My Rear Wheel, It Is The Kats Meow! Ha Ha. It Is On My Diy, Cvt Belt Drive (rear Rack). It Is So Nice, Just Let Off The Throttle And Coast, The Motor Goes To Idle, So Quiet. I Bought 2 Pull Starts For My Happy Time Kits And A Sbp Shifter Kit (if I Ever Get Them Together). I Bought The Pull Starts With The Intent Of Using Them For Tuning The Motors In Before Riding, Then Removing Them. But The Freewheel On The Axle Is So Good. The Shift Kit Is Great And Then You All Ready Have Free Wheel With The Cassette. The Best Of Both Worlds. When "manic Mechanic" Gets The Cnc Motor Into Production, That Will Solve A Lot Of Problems. You May Want The Rubber Inside Also, Would Be Easier On The Spokes. Sounds Like You Are Doing Fine. Enjoy. Ron

I was clocked by a guy on a harley at "over 40" but he may have been talking about his age :)
it wasent wound out alltogether

I have a 42 tooth rear sprocket on the back

it accelerates great I can pull manuals on my 75 lb bike at 20MPH
Im running a home made expansion chamber, 18MM carb, really shaved head & novice porting

seems to have really good mid range pull

it will definatly go faster with a smaller rear sprocket
JAK.wee.

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Aint it Great !?

I want to break 50 mph.
With a helmet of course.

My biggest concern is stock bicycle bearings. they are so rudimentary.
The most important thing to address for higher speeds is this factor, as I've already tackled disc brakes front and rear. I've heard of bearings seizing at higher speeds so it is a concern for me. I will dismanlte, inspect, regrease, and reset the tension on every hub I use on these MB's.

I want a 170mm 4 sealed roller bearing, 12ga. spoked disc brake hub machined for the Stingray rear wheel and the same for the front in 130mm.

This will allow me to get to sleep a little sooner at night.
'BrettMavriK

My bike is a little bit scary fast now. Over 42 mph in a short course is about all I need. When I first got my bike, if I broke 25 in the same spot, I thought I was ripping.

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
my bike is still more reliable than any car,truck or moped i ever had.
and its cheaper and easier to fix.
the nearest store near me is 2mins down the road and my whole town is within 1-2miles
in around 15mins. sometime in the summer if my bike is running good i might take it to the next town about 6-12miles.id probally bring a bag with a few tools just incase.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
my bike is still more reliable than any car,truck or moped i ever had.
and its cheaper and easier to fix.
the nearest store near me is 2mins down the road and my whole town is within 1-2miles
in around 15mins. sometime in the summer if my bike is running good i might take it to the next town about 6-12miles.id probally bring a bag with a few tools just incase.
Cabin,

Perry...Nunda...Medina...warsaw...castile...leroy...hamlin...I've been to these little bergs.

Jim

Echotraveler

Aug 25, 2008
my bike is almost 100 pounds and the rider 180..so thats about 280 right there...i think im going 25+ maybe getting to 30 not sure yet cause i dont think of buying a speedometer.

rsdoherty88

May 25, 2009
Tacoma, WA
I've radar verified my motor bike going 30mph up a slight hill. And downhill, I'm pretty sure I've exceeded 40mph because my friend has a 50cc moped with a speedo and his speedo was pegged at 40mph and I was pulling away from him on my bike.

brandongordon2002

Apr 26, 2009
stoney creek ontario
My bike will top out at 60km/h, ive done some stuff to the car but besides that i buy the expensive gas, high octane and i buy STHL synthetic 2 stroke preimum motor oil. Im mixing a 20:1 ratio and the bike rips it.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
i know why im blowing gaskets now :(

the bolts/nuts where the exhaust attaches to the barrel, the thread is stripped :(

new barrel time :(
I just went to lowes and bought some grade 8 threaded rod. Cut the post's down to size and dunked the part that would be in the block in JB weld. I threaded them in and waited. They are way more secure than before, and I even tried to get them out afterwards and it just isn't gonna happen. Yeah JB weld beats china metal!! lol

65cc Dax engine bone stock on a HEAVY 1953 Columbia Tri Star frame with heavy Worksman wheels (rims and tires weigh 14 lbs each) and an over weight rider (me 260) clocked by the cops doing 36MPH in a 25 mph zone......With coaster brakes...........is that man crazy ? throw him a crazy bone

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
My bike will top out at 60km/h, ive done some stuff to the car but besides that i buy the expensive gas, high octane and i buy STHL synthetic 2 stroke preimum motor oil. Im mixing a 20:1 ratio and the bike rips it.
I have pipeline industries tuned pipe the big carb - clocked going thru school zone with guys waving to slow down at 60kph only have 50cc stock .trki weigh 215 lbs

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
im hitting 35mph(56kph),with a 44t ,stock 48cc stock carb stock muff,i using regular cheap gas and reg cheap 2-stroke oil at 20:1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.