How fast can your 80cc really go?

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mopedamauter79

Mar 31, 2008
Ottawa
The fastest I think I got mine to was 49 kph with a tailwind. I was using a 48 tooth sprocket. She was just screaming down the road to.

ZnsaneRyder

Nov 21, 2008
FLORIDA
Finished my bro's bike trailer. 80cc 4-stroke engine (79 true cc's)

It gets over 38mph on the flats, and hits it every time. Uphill about 28-30mph. On a slight downgrade, it's been to over 42mph so far. 10T clutch, 48T sprocket, 15" flat-free wheel on trailer. Still working on it and making adjustments.

Last edited:

ibcnya

Oct 29, 2008
Concord NC
Here recntly ive been running fast enough to pass cars running at least 40 in a 35mph zone. If I had to guess id say im running around 42-45mph with a 36t.

impression

Feb 26, 2009
Syadney,Australia
i just went from a 44t to a 41t, theoretical 7.3% increase in top end speed. so 69km/h instead of 65 :)

the idea is to get a sweet spot between sprocket sizes for good top end so i can stay in mid-range and keep up with cars in 50/60 zones and yet keep enough torque low end to get moving.

DEATH4OF4

Mar 22, 2009
Green Bay, Wisconsin (Frozen Tundra)
I Do 43mph On Stock Motor On 700c Wheels And A 32 Tooth Sprocket With No Wind On The Flat. Its Fun Passing Cars In A 35mph Zone. They Probably Think In Crazy... I Am.
Geoffmaree, YOU CAN GET ANY SIZE SPROCKET YOU WANT FROM KINGS SALES AND SERVICE.

Last edited:

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
The makers of the engine claim that the motor can do 35 mph, but can it really go that fast or even faster? How fast have you gotten your bike to and what did you do to make it go that fast?
Since the weather was finally nice enough to ride the other day, I took my bike out for a spin. I had it up to 43 mph, on a flat stretch, and still had throttle to spare. I'm still in my break in and don't want to push it.

All I have is the standard "80" cc kit on a 26" road bike with 24" mtb tires....also not to mention, I'm probably only 120 lbs soaking wet, LOL!
If weight really does have something to do with it, I wonder if putting on a set of wings for lift to reduce drag will add to higher speeds........................Hmmmmmm, something to think about!

.fly

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
That's Not Good Dude. Have You Been Down The Roads Of Contact?
Mine Came Fast, A Week Maybe.
yeah , I traveled the road of contact , I even took the on ramp to get there! my sprocket finally came yesterday , exactly 25 days since purchase. go figure! so I have this sprocket in hand and Iam looking at it and it is drilled for disc hub mount and small / large rubber donut mount. upon initial contact I let it be known that it was going to be disc mount! (Iam thinking swiss cheese at this point)
so I mount it on the hub and know right away that it wont work and that some filestyleCustoms fabrication is going to be needed! I ended up using some 3/16" stainless plate and transfered the holes from the sprocket to the plate , then removed the material from the center of the sprocket so that I could get the sprocket to go torward the wheel more. the sprocket really needed to be dished on the inside (hub side) for my set-up as the whole hub and sprocket was into my chain stay. but all in all the sprocket was worth the wait. it is machined nicely and cant wait to give it a spin! I will post pics in the pics and video section when I get the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.