How fast can your 80cc really go?

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

saolom

Oct 14, 2008
Australia
62KM'S FLAT OUT down hill. Only mods are 36t rear sprocket, new improved carby. Air filter with 8 holes drilled.

Measured using a wireless cat eye speedometer. Hopefully add a few more km's with a 70cc boost bottle.

dieseldave

Jul 4, 2008
My 80cc will go 43mph on the flats and 30mph going up steep hills. I have done numerous mods. I changed to a 36t sprocket to start. Port matching the intake and exhaust is a must. They are so far off it's not funny. Also my muffler has been modified slightly because I really don't want to make it louder than it is. Remove the endcap and cut the long tube off as short as you can. This doesn't make it much louder but allows for a more smoother path out. Change plug to NGK and plug wire to a good performance 7mm wire. Lastly, this mod gave me 5mph up steep hills and really put the power in my bike. Remove your carb and intake manifold and put your piston to TDC. The piston shoud completely open your intake port to the top of your port. My engine had 1/4 to 1/3 of the port still covered at TDC. Take a scribe and mark on your piston the amount that is still showing. Remove head and cylinder, cover and tape up the crankcase opening and rod. With a dremmel tool, remove all that material from your piston that you marked. Smooth the edges of the piston that you just cut with a small file and assemble. You will be amazed how much more power you will gain. You will probably need to adjust your carb needle and give it more fuel. Mine runs so good, starts so good, idles so good that I am done working on it.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
mine goes so fast I can catch myself racing around the blockrotfl
my 70cc is the fastest at 38mph I pussed out used a gps for reading the speed.
80cc bushed is 31 mph 44 tooth rear sprocket
70cc bushed is 38 mph 36 tooth rear sprocket
70cc needle bearing wrist pin 34 mph 44 tooth rear sprocket
50cc needle bearing wrist pin still in the break in stage but should be about 30 to 32mph on a 44 tooth rear sprocket

1000w

Aug 19, 2008
I did 70.9kmh or 44.3mph on the flat two days ago, I finally put a speedo on.
Mods include:
I have increased the compression by machining the head and also removing the gasket between the barrel and crankcase, use silicon to seal there.
I have removed the small area of the piston skirt that slightly covers the inlet port when the piston is at TDC.
I have match ported both the inlet and exhaust ports and removed the casting burrs in the intake manifold.
I have ground a 45 deg edge of the top of the piston at the exhaust port. Don't grind down to the top ring.
Running a NGK plug.
My rear sprocket is 22 tooth however the wheel is a 20" x 4.5" Stingray spoiler, the tyre diameter is 500mm. These tyres have a large profile, the rolling diameter is about half way between a normal 20" and a 26" tyre.
I run the pull start and centrifical clutch kit and it pulls really well of the line and the top speed is excessive. I run the tall gearing not for the speed but for the nice quiet low revs when I am cruising.
Engine is sweet, starts first pull and idles well.
Cheers,
Matt.

Attachments

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
1000W, I JUST BOUGHT A BLACK SCHWINN STING RAY CHOPPER YESTERDAY FOR 75 BUCKS, VERY CLEAN. IT IS SMALLER THAN I HAD THOUGHT. MY 285 + LBS LOOKS LIKE OVERLOAD OR OVERKILL!! rotfl DID YOU MAKE YOUR MOTOR MOUNT? WHAT ABOUT THE REAR HUB.? I KNOW YOU CAN BUY THE NEAT PARTS, BUT THAT GETS THE TOTAL INVESTMENT UP PRETTY HIGH= FOR RESALE. THE SPOKES LOOK A BIT THIN. THEY WERE NOT MADE FOR MOTORS, SURE ARE "PURRRDY" THOUGH. ENJOY YOUR RIDE. LATER RON scratg.santadaxtit

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Lastly, this mod gave me 5mph up steep hills and really put the power in my bike. Remove your carb and intake manifold and put your piston to TDC. The piston shoud completely open your intake port to the top of your port. My engine had 1/4 to 1/3 of the port still covered at TDC. Take a scribe and mark on your piston the amount that is still showing. Remove head and cylinder, cover and tape up the crankcase opening and rod. With a dremmel tool, remove all that material from your piston that you marked. Smooth the edges of the piston that you just cut with a small file and assemble. You will be amazed how much more power you will gain. You will probably need to adjust your carb needle and give it more fuel. Mine runs so good, starts so good, idles so good that I am done working on it.
I went to do this the other day, and it turns out my motor (from zoombicycles.com) doesn't have this issue. That's a nice plus.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Hi All, I Bought A 10 Motor Kit Close Out On E Bay A Few Months Ago. 7 New Engines In The Box And 3 Used Motors. One Has The Cyl Off, The Piston Is Scoured, The Cyl Looks Good. Where Can I Get A 49 Cc Piston And Ring ?? Good To Do The Mods As Its Allready Apart. I Think TheY Are Grubee Spitfire?? Ron scratg

1000w

Aug 19, 2008
I have installed a expansion chamber exhaust now. I got 76.9kmh/48mph today. The low end power/torque is fantastic, which is what I am really after, the bike is so nice at a 35kmh cruise.
Cheers,
Matt.

Attachments

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
GOOD DAY, MATT, I THINK I REMEMBER YOUR PICTURES WHEN YOU WAS BUILDING THE FRAME, YELLOW AND DIFFERENT COLOR PIECES!! NOW ALL YOUR EFFORT IS PAYING OFF. ( DOES "GOOD DAY" MEAN HELLO OR GOODBYE??rotfl) MAYBE I USED IT INCORRECTLY!! HOW ARE THE BLUE MOTOR MOUNTS DOING THEIR JOB? GREAT IDEA IF THEY GET THE JOB DONE! YOUR MACHINE LOOKS GREAT. THANKS FOR THE PICS. HAS BEEN T SHIRT WEATHER FOR SEVERAL DAYS.scratgl RON

slipdrive44

Dec 3, 2008
Tucson
Ok, finally installed a CatEye speedo yesterday.

So, I hit 35 on cruise, 37.5 with 8gram nitrous shot from my homebuilt nitrous kit, (anyone wants instructions? seriously, its easy and I feel it is very controllable, total cost is about $40).

With pedaling all out and nitrous shot, 39.1.

Port matched intake and exhaust. 36t sprocket.
Specialized Hardrock Sport, 80cc RAW, stock carb and exhaust.

I work at Spookytooth Tucson now, so any questions or ideas let me know.

I am designing a custom tuned pipe, going to upgrade the carburetor, and find a bigger nitrous canister.

look out at the deathrace! I'll be on the bike that looks like a stealth fighter. :)

Andyinchville: I need a smaller sprocket Bike+rider= 180lbs and I know my engine has the power i can cruise 30 uphill... Call us back at Spookytooth in Tucson!

lilhog

Dec 25, 2008
florida
hey everyone, want to change gears on the fly? check out sick bike parts. looks to me like you could probably hit 60mph easy with this contraption

runslikeapenguin

Feb 2, 2009
Seattle
all these reports give me hope for my project. i was thinking that i was going to have a **** of a time getting up to 45mph but it seems like its completley within reach.

especially because i have been having a lot of long email conversations with a two stroke authority who used to race Krindler GP bikes and holds a current two stroke world record. hes been helping me systematically break the tuning process for this engine down to a science. im even thinking about offering a complete top end upgrade kit if our findings yield good results.

ive also talked to my uncle whos worked with boats as a hobby all of his life and is real handy at working with fiberglass about making a GP style fairing. any one interested?

Phatman Motors

Oct 19, 2008
binger,oklahoma USA
sPOOKYTOOTH TOP ENDand cns carb ,long pipe,and long plastic intake runner[gas can nozzle]cut to 5"...36tooth rear....ported...26" tires...='bout'42 on the flat ...32 uphill and catcha car for the draft and did 50+ and LET OFF,Quickley ; oh yeah, took a bunch off the head and used ultra thin head gasket,expansion chamber is about 48" long,with a 1"by18"long header pipe...phat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.