How did you get injured on your motorized bicycle?

Discussion in 'Motor Bicycle Safety And Stolen Motorized Bicycle ' started by tylerlough, Aug 19, 2008.

1. neomas372

neomas372 New Member

Sudden catastrophic front rim failure going about 50 on my SCSW Boxer. Broken neck and lots of road rash. Bike is still not fixed.

2. scrollerguy

scrollerguy Member

Well about a month ago, I was going to get the mail, perhaps 50 bike lengths away. The lobstermen were working on their traps, there was a new sternman with a pitbull.
    I coudn't see inside the stack of lobster traps, as they were shaped in a c pattern.

Well I'm going about 15 mph and that's the last I remember. Broken collarbone, cracked ribs, mild concussion. The bill came to over &7000.00 dollars.

And to make matters worse the new sternman worked one day and never showed up again.

3. fasteddy

fasteddy Well-Known Member

Did the dog run out of the traps and get you?

Steve.

4. MEASURE TWICE

MEASURE TWICE Active Member

I was almost got it by a dog, long time past. It was non-motorize bike. I had on the back my camping gear and a disassembled two piece fishing pole with bandannas on the ends. One was vertical and the other horizontal on the rear carrier. Nipping at my right pant leg for a while the beast did. No farmer to call off the dog. After a while I guess the dog was slowing up, then upside the head for em, not intentionally though. Away I was looking back at the dog turning around!

5. msrfan

msrfan Active Member

I was showing my bike to my buddy Pete in front of his house. We both had Whizzers, but this was my first Briggs bike. Well I forgot to tighten the nut and bolt on the front brake arm and after a 30mph or so pass I hit the front brake lever and the backing plate spun. It wound the brake cable around the axle bending the right side of the handlebars down about ten inches. I rode it down to about 20mph before I went down. Landed on my right hip where I had a large metal tape measure clipped to my pocket. Slid on that tape measure forever and came out with a bruise and a small scrape on my elbow. This was in the 80's and a few years later on the same bike I went down after braking in a turn with gravel. I still get asphalt coming to the surface on the back of my left hand.

MotorBicycleRacing likes this.