High Performance Wally World Cruiser?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
thank you for that insite. I have not seen too much in the speed department or the vibration the only thing I have found is the size of the front mount one is a standard 1.25 and the other are either 2.0 are 2.25
You're welcome, a lot I dont know but I have learn a thing or two along the way and I always try to share what I do know and what I've learned on my own and from others like yourself here.

Yeah, I have three of the big front mount engines, all of them came from BGF about 3-4 years ago, they all vibrate like a mini jackhammer if they rpm's get a little to high, one is resting in peace right now and another is fixing to get retired since I have some better engines to replace them with, the engine I just recently built for my "Taffy" bike is the one case I have that is completely different than all the other, the front and the rear mounting area are bigger than all the others, the casting of the case is smooth almost like it was polished and then painted, I didn't know that until I stripped all the medium gray paint off, smoothest casting of any china girl engine I have seen, it has huge transfer ramps, I had been saving this case for a build since I got it a few years ago and now its done, hope it performs like I want it to..knock on wood...LOL

Look at the transfer ramps in the pic I added in this message.

Attachments

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Hey guys I have a problem. I have this case swap basically finished except for the fact I can't get the clutch cover to go on. The bucking bar doesn't seem to want to move. The motor moves oh so freely and nothing is catching. Any ideas?

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Back together now with a couple tricks on the bottom end. Moves so freely as well. Reassembled it with quite a bit of care. I noticed the crank has a slight wobble that I couldn't get undone, but it'll be fine. Gotta wait for my intake to come in and it should be good to go!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Here is some update pictures.

Motor in complete pieces agh! Look at that nice crank though! Sure is pretty compared to my ebay motors one!

Cleaned up bottom end transfer ports! Also made sure there wasn't any harsh angles leading to the transfer ports for a better flow characteristic!

Now waiting for that intake and it'll be back together!

As for other things. Kill switch has been removed as it got a short in the wire and wouldn't kill the engine. Just decided it'll be just a pain in the butt in the end. The disc brake is squealing a little bit so I need to check out what's going on there. I also am really enjoying this super rat jug with the 40mm spacing due to me being able to use exhaust gaskets on the intake side! Ha! Should be a ripper now. I think I need to deck the jug a hair more and then this motor will be completely well complete!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
looks like you did a nice job on the transfer ramps in the case.

Did you cut a gasket to match the case and then put the same gasket on the jug and then match the jugs transfer openings to the gasket?

Thats what get you a really nice unrestricted flow.

looks good there Jordan

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I used the same gasket that is on the engine now. Lots of checking. It still needs a little work on the jug itself and my gasket broke just a hair and I need to replace it with another one I just found. Hopefully it runs better than ever!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I used the same gasket that is on the engine now. Lots of checking. It still needs a little work on the jug itself and my gasket broke just a hair and I need to replace it with another one I just found. Hopefully it runs better than ever!
looks to me like you're on the right track, getting a good unrestricted flow is important at high rpms since anything in the way creates turbulence that inturn becomes restriction.

I hope it turns out t0 be a real screamer for you bro.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
She runs! I was only able to take it around the block. Still needs an appropriate intake and tuned right. Then it'll be taken out for real. In other news I upgraded my apartment workshop lol...

Funny how after I got it all together I get myself a little work bench.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Motor kind of looses power at the high end. I am thinking the jet needs to be enlarged. Or maybe it needs leaned out. Guess the plug will tell when I have a good intake on it that for sure isn't leaking. This cast aluminum intake isn't handling being torque down very well as it's a modified one to work on the 40mm intake.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Boygoesfast on ebay sells the steel intakes that are for the 40mm stud spacing on the intake jugs.
I was able to find a vendor that sold manic mechanic intakes with the 40mm stud spacing. So I got one of those on the way. Also took the jug off today and cleaned up the transfer ports on the inside a little more with that 1/8 sanding dremel you linked to me a while back. Should be good once it gets here. Looks a lot better too.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I was able to find a vendor that sold manic mechanic intakes with the 40mm stud spacing. So I got one of those on the way. Also took the jug off today and cleaned up the transfer ports on the inside a little more with that 1/8 sanding dremel you linked to me a while back. Should be good once it gets here. Looks a lot better too.
Thats great, hope it runs like a spotted ape when you get it all done....

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I'm just surprised that I got it back together and running!
well, looks like you did a good job, I was doing these kinda things when I was young like you, completely rebuilt my first engine at 12, built my first small block chevy at 15, and that was the beginning of many more projects over the years.

Really makes me feel we may still have a little hope in this country when I see young fellas like yourself willing and able to tackle this kinda stuff, TV, Smartphones, Rap crap, and Video gaming has destroyed the creativity of a huge percentage of our young people these days, many are just a head full of mush walking around thinking everyone owes them something for nothing.

Keep up the great work buddy, and if you need anything I can help with just give me a holler.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I have a old stock one if you want it just send me a message with your addy and pay the shipping and its yours!!!!!
Oh haha misunderstood. Thanks for the offer I got one on the way should be here shortly I have one that works for the time being

Last edited: