High Performance Wally World Cruiser?

GoldenMotor.com

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Speaking of gas. I developed a gas leak as well, slapping some jb weld on it now... Making the apartment smell like gas! Thinking I might switch over the clutch pads from previous engine because those didn't slip near as much as these ones do. MAYBE I'M JUST PUTTING DOWN TOO MUCH POWER! Ha just kidding. I just think that these pads might have some grease or something one them. Got some brake parts cleaners as well might just clean em up.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
your better off going to a welding shop and get some soldering rod and fix it right I did one last year for a guy that wiped out and put a big hole in the tank filled the hole sanded it down and painted it works grear just put water in the tank then solder it up

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I don't feel the same way I think that they know what there motors need so ill just stick to the manual
That's fine do what you wish. I'll go off of what the members around here say

your better off going to a welding shop and get some soldering rod and fix it right I did one last year for a guy that wiped out and put a big hole in the tank filled the hole sanded it down and painted it works grear just put water in the tank then solder it up
Also it's just a stud that got pulled a hair on a $10 tank. Jb weld will seal it just fine for the time being until I get around to getting a real tank ha.

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
I use amsoil competition oil and its red so I tell ppl that it runs on blood sweat and tears LOL but yes the oil has changed but also it says synthetic oil and 93 octane gas you think that they are using old oil standards????? I don't think so but I wont argue with anyone if you want to run your motor your way that's up to you I tell anyone that buys mine that they use 16:1 for three tanks then 32:1 there after and use premium gas I my self run turbo blue and it runs great on it
Yes they are using the original spec's from the 40's . Pre 2 stroke specific mixing oil.....
At 16:1 you are essentially running molasses through your engine.
And Amsoil Blue at 32:1 is pretty fat.... I hope you flush your pipe often...
Hey, this topic has been beat to death here and on other sights...
Do what you want and be happy.
I'm glad you'r having good results with the Amsoil , I always have.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
As this build comes to a grinding halt with much more progress I get little ideas out of the way. I made a heat shield between the pipe and the filter just to keep the air cooler a little longer. About 1cm between the pipe and the aluminum shield. Little things all add up I suppose.

Also spaced out the exhaust with a familiar engine part! Made it a lot more solid than just a stainless steel clamp holding in in place. Used some silicone exhaust covers that came with the SBP expansion chamber I bought, but never used so it won't melt and won't get dinged up by the motor mount!

Can also see my 1 rivet for mounting the shield in place. Kind of a tester of things. Still easy to get the shield out from in between the carb and the jug as well for when I finally get my manic mechanic intake in. Which is two hours away as of yesterday. Was hoping it would had came yesterday, but oh well it happens! I am in no rush.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yeah the oil mix ratio thing has been beat and beat and beat on here, I say do what you feel confident with and what has proven to work for you.

I dont use "breakin" mixes since I think its useless really, if an engine is right you tune it for what you plan to use, take it easy for maybe the first 15-20 minutes of run time and then just run it like you plan to run it, if it holds up you had a good engines, if it doesn't it was gonna fail anyway.

This doesn't mean I think everyone should do it my way, it works for me on these little 2 smokers just the same as it always has on all the other engines I've built over the years.

Where so many mess up and burn up these engines is by using to much oil in the mix and having a lean run condition, more oil, less fuel, less fuel leaner run, leaner run high heat in the cylinder.... proper jetting with whatever you run is the key to the engine lasting if its all good mechanically.

Bad bearings are gonna give it up with a 16:1 mix just as well as a 40:1 mix

I like my Opti2 at 100:1 for a moderate build, you can pull one of my engines down and they are very oily inside, I do however add Maxima 927 Castor to my mix for my higher rpm running engines and they're tuned for the e,tra oil and the mix is around 50:1.

again, run what you fell good with and what has proven to work for you is how I see it.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
I know that is true for anything if it works for the first time it will probably work after I just was asking I guess I started making ppl bad but I wasn't trying to I was just curious what others were doing I was not saying anyone was wrong it just didn't sound TO ME to be right using such a low oil mix im sorry to anyone if I got on there nerves LOL just not wanting no one to burn up a motor just saying LOL luv ya all were the ones that make the kids go WOW I WANT ONE LOL

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I know that is true for anything if it works for the first time it will probably work after I just was asking I guess I started making ppl bad but I wasn't trying to I was just curious what others were doing I was not saying anyone was wrong it just didn't sound TO ME to be right using such a low oil mix im sorry to anyone if I got on there nerves LOL just not wanting no one to burn up a motor just saying LOL luv ya all were the ones that make the kids go WOW I WANT ONE LOL
Haha no nerves got on here. It's all good man! Ya just gotta do what works with you!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Oh NO..... you didnt get on my nerves at all, I just thought Id add my personal routine.

Its funny how in the past the oil mix topic has gotten so heated with some.....

Its kinda like the Ford, Chevy, Mopar arguments.....LOL!

People get very passionate about what oil and what mix they think is best, yet many oils and mixes have proven to do a great job, I've even got one of my bikes tune specifically for running a 25:1 mix of striaght 40wt non detergent motor oil and it runs just as good on it as my other engines running on the Opti2 and Maxima 927 Castor mix, I wouldn't run this engine for miles and miles at WOT like I do my others, but for just cruising around at moderate speeds I feel confident that this engine is getting exactly what it needs to be reliable.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Oh NO..... you didnt get on my nerves at all, I just thought Id add my personal routine.

Its funny how in the past the oil mix topic has gotten so heated with some.....

Its kinda like the Ford, Chevy, Mopar arguments.....LOL!

People get very passionate about what oil and what mix they think is best, yet many oils and mixes have proven to do a great job, I've even got one of my bikes tune specifically for running a 25:1 mix of striaght 40wt non detergent motor oil and it runs just as good on it as my other engines running on the Opti2 and Maxima 927 Castor mix, I wouldn't run this engine for miles and miles at WOT like I do my others, but for just cruising around at moderate speeds I feel confident that this engine is getting exactly what it needs to be reliable.
Yeah exactly! It's obviously all about those mopars... Simple like this oil stuff!

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
lol I know what you mean its a preference thing the manual even says 40w oil its all good. I have been using the lucas oil till I found a place to buy the amsol for 9.00 a quart couldn't beat that with a stick im going to buy a gallon next time got it at the Yamaha dealer go figure but anyways took the orange monster out for a spin cant believe the speed this thing has I thought the one I built last year was fast this thing was going 44 MPH my buddy rode his truck next to me so I know how fast it has about 3 miles on it going to ride it easy for a few more days then ill sell it so that I know that everything is good on it.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
lol you guys are great no wonder I get along with you all WERE ALL CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah.... its all good, some of us are a bit crazier and more daring than others but we all like the motorized bicycle so that ties us together in at least one way no matter our opinions that may differ at times about this or that....

Lots of good people on here, I evej get along with the scardy cats that think cruising at 40+mph is a bad idea.........lol!

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
lol im looking to go 55+ im just taking it one step at a time!! I think that im just going to build my own bottom and that way I know what I did and that its done the way I want!!!! I know that there are a lot of good ppl that do the bottom but I think ill just go ahead and do my own. I already have the parts but just haven't found a good set of bearings im thinking Timken are the best

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
lol im looking to go 55+ im just taking it one step at a time!! I think that im just going to build my own bottom and that way I know what I did and that its done the way I want!!!! I know that there are a lot of good ppl that do the bottom but I think ill just go ahead and do my own. I already have the parts but just haven't found a good set of bearings im thinking Timken are the best
Ive done 52mph on a bike with 24" wheels, and about 30 minutes after I parked the bike the front tube blew out, kinda took that as my sign to slow down some so now I just shoot for low to mid 40's

It was my fault with the tube blowing out, the tire had looked a bit low but I did t worry about it and it almost cost me dearly.....lol!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I changed the tubes in for thorn resistant in all my builds the first one I had blew the tire going 35 so now I always use the thick tubes
I do the same, and the tube that went pow.....! was a thick one, problem was that the valve stem blew off of it, I guess when the pressure got a bit low the tube shifted allowing it to get in a bind where it goes through the rim and that must have cut it just enough that she finally let go, just glad it didnt happen at 50+mph that would have been ugly....lol

I had a rear tire go flat on me doing mid to upper 30's one time and it sent me swerving purdy good for a little ways, was sure glad I wasnt in a turn when that one went...

Now I have heavy tube, rim holes deburred and Kenda Kiniption tires which are very good sturdy tires in my opinion, and they look great also.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001J...+kiniption&dpPl=1&dpID=51JbFC1s-9L&ref=plSrch

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Yeah.. I need to invest in a new rear rim... Chain tensioner before it was deleted tore a spoke out. Need to upgrade the rear rim to a less wide on anyways. Any ideas on where I could get a good rim for a decent price? Might go ask the bike shop down the road.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
lol I had two bikes from ONE GUY with the spokes ripped out LOL I now drill a hole in the tensioner and the frame and put a self tapping screw in to keep it straight im also looking into the tubeless tires I did that when I was a KID LOL and the ride was soooo much better there was more bounce and they tracked better I wonder if I can do that with the new tires???