High Performance Wally World Cruiser?

GoldenMotor.com

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I use the heavy thorn resistant tubes in all my bike tires, and I use a small fine tround file to debur the wheels where the valve stem goes through, use the wide rim strips and I never have issues with flats even though I do most all my riding on rough country dirt roads.

We gotta take our tires and tubes seriouse in rural West Central Texas, everything we have here will, stick you, sting you or bite you, the dirt roads are littered with fencing nails, pieces of barbed wire, baling wire, glass, cactus thorns etc.

Put you some heavy tubes in those tires and be sure not to pinch them when putting tire back on wheel and you have way less issues with flats and much less chance for a blow out also.
It's interesting because I am pretty sure this was a thicker tube. I don't know if it got pinched or punctured, but a pain in the arse indeed!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
It's interesting because I am pretty sure this was a thicker tube. I don't know if it got pinched or punctured, but a pain in the arse indeed!
no doubt a pain in the backside, I hate a flat on anything, living where I do we have to deal with flats a lot, thorns everywhere, the trees have big thorns, cactus, sand burs(we call them stickers) goat heads in some areas, junk the farms and ranchers around here drop on the roads as they haul old wood and fencing materials on their old trailers wthat bounce nails, wire and metal out on all these rough country back roads many of us live on out here, my wife drive 100 miles a day to work, my work takes me 32 miles a day and we deal with tire issue fairly regularly and we hate it.......lol...!!

Only thing I rarely have flats on thank goodness is my tractor and my motorcycles, everything else get dealt with mote often than Id like.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri

Had multiple exhaust leaks from my crappy welding and spent 30minutes filling in my pin holes on the header. This was my way of finding those holes! Just covered up anywhere that would normally leak and used an air comrpessor! The fatty pipe also had 2 pin holes that were leaking that I filled as well. A little bit more quiet now and my power range is incredible. 44mph top speed with the PK80 motor. It's not the top speed that's that great the power range is just unbelievable compared to what it used to be before the improvements. I used to be neck and neck with my buddy, but now I just leave him in the dust. Anyways, it's just a lot more fun! I let him ride it and he was very impressed.

Shame though, because I have retired the bike from Columbia missouri and just leaving it in Illinois for when I visit every month or so due to Columbia being super dangerous and way too busy for bike rides...

Last edited:

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
This build isn't finished yet! Got my taxes basically sorted out and the GT5 should be resurrected here pretty quick to being the new motor on the bike. Going to have the fred head transfered over. Going to test and see about getting a wide mouth intake jug on the GT5 and see how that works and fabricate an intake manifold for the larger Mikuni carb and see how it turns out!

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
well got a bummer letter from my landlord today I have to remove EVERYTHING that is flammable from my side of the house. I have three bikes built well one is in the final stages. but neither less its going to put a stop till the weather gets better. I have ont im working on now that hasn't seen fuel so that's a good thing but im afraid the others will be stolen any suggestions for a way to keep these safe??? im already using tow chain 3/8" link to put them out during the day just have way too much in these to let them walk

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
well got a bummer letter from my landlord today I have to remove EVERYTHING that is flammable from my side of the house. I have three bikes built well one is in the final stages. but neither less its going to put a stop till the weather gets better. I have ont im working on now that hasn't seen fuel so that's a good thing but im afraid the others will be stolen any suggestions for a way to keep these safe??? im already using tow chain 3/8" link to put them out during the day just have way too much in these to let them walk
yeah that is a bummer, Not sure what to tell you, I live in Texas and out in the country several miles from nearest small town so I have no idea what its like where you're at, but I hope you can get something figured out that will protect the bikes from being stolen.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Selling some parts this saturday to a local kid who is giving his bike an overhaul. Might go purchase the parts I need for the GT5 and see if it compares well to the PK80. The PK80 goes like nobodies business, but doesn't really rev out near as much as my old GT5 would.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Hi guys, sorry for no recent update. I have some parts that should arrive for the dax bottom end and that will be the really built up motor. Keeping it a little secret till I finish it! Thread is being watched by one of my buds and I don't wanna give him any ideas on what to do to his! Ha! Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Hi guys, sorry for no recent update. I have some parts that should arrive for the dax bottom end and that will be the really built up motor. Keeping it a little secret till I finish it! Thread is being watched by one of my buds and I don't wanna give him any ideas on what to do to his! Ha! Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition.
sounds like fun....

catch me if you can kinda deal huh......lol!

Oh yeah I know where you're coming from completely....., just a little fun.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Got everything I need in the mail. Just need to lighten and dremel some stuff and should be a ripper. Wondering how the GT5's lower compression and less displacement will work in comparison to the PK80's. Going to be like 11:1 instead of 11.5:1. I also plan on raising that up a hair as well for the GT5 just need to get to my workshop! Which at this rate won't be a for a few weeks.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Well found out I'll be able to finish the build this friday. Also was talking with one of my Harley Davidson dealers who happens to have a dyno and thought it would be a fun thing for the shop to see this little weed eater on there dyno! Ha I'll have to do that once it's broken in!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Well found out I'll be able to finish the build this friday. Also was talking with one of my Harley Davidson dealers who happens to have a dyno and thought it would be a fun thing for the shop to see this little weed eater on there dyno! Ha I'll have to do that once it's broken in!
That would be fun to do....if someone around here had a dyno Id sure like to put one of my bikes on it just for kicks.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Got the GT5 Dax bottom end on and so far it's pretty nice. Lightened up the piston and ported out the jug. Hasn't hit any records yet, but I haven't exactly got everything broken in all the way so I am sure I'll get a little faster. I fixed the bottle neck in the exhaust yesterday and brought the bike down to columbia today.

Went from this crap welding

To this crap, but better welding. Now it's 1" to 7/8" exhaust pipe

Bad news it I was looking inside it today and was re-assembling and I stripped out a head stud. It still holds, but doesn't torque down very much. Going to possible see about removing and JB welding and seeing if that makes any difference. If not I will be probably thread in a larger bit of thread rod. The stud spacing is 1mm instead of the 1.25m. I didn't even thread it in too hard. Must had been a bad cast because it just snapped like nothing. Shame....

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Also I like how this thread shows my improvements in welding as it goes along HA! I also need to order the right intake manifold for it due to it being a modified 32mm spacer one with some washers on it. Need to see about a nice intake for the NT carb and see what I can find.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Just Jb welded the stud in place. It threads in fine just the threads are a little messed up now and won't hold it when it's torqued in. SOOOO I made a hair of JB weld and lined the threads and tightened it in to what I can get it. Hoping the JB weld once solidified will give it enough strength to be solid enough. Otherwise going to need to helicoil it.

This motor has a 67.1 gram piston with a 14.1 gram wristpin and a 2.8 gram japanese wristpin bearing. It doesn't have very many bad vibes and is a VERY nice cruiser at 30. Which is exactly what I wanted! I can't complain in the slightest. I just hope once it has all it's power from being scrubbed in a little it'll get higher than my PK80 did. I took it out on a hard ride on saturday and it did well until it started to heat soak a little from a couple hard straight line runs. Was only about to hit 42, but it needs quite a bit of work with it too. The exhaust pipe fix should free up a little power on the top end and it need a real intake manifold to top off that combo. Going to just get a Manic Mechanic 40mm intake and see how that goes.

As far as that Mikuni carb goes at the moment I don't think I'll use it just cause it would be a hassle to fabricate something for it and get it tuned to the point where I wouldn't be in Bogsville. This motor hopefully will top out at a nice 47-48 and I am happy with it!

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Hey bro.I'm not feeling real confident about the JBweld. I think a helicoil would be the way to go. JBweld aint metal, if'n ya know what I mean.
fatdaddy.usflg

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I agree with fatdaddy completely, gluing in a jug stud isnt ideal, a heli coil insert with however be a permanent fix it and forget it solution. I would never use JBWeld to fix threads on any fastener that would under an6 stress and heat, it does have man6 good uses, but thread repair in an engine case to se ure a cylinder jug stud aint one of them honestly.

If you had a mag cover bolt hole or clutch side cover bolt stripped and wanted to use it for that you'd likely be just fine, but not on something that needs to be torqued down and maintain that stress under a lot of heat and pressure.

Its not really a safety issue but it could determine whether or not you get stranded on the side of the road with a blown head gasket or not.