High Performance Wally World Cruiser?

GoldenMotor.com

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I don't exactly need a three speed up front. I am perfectly happy with the six speed in the back so I guess I better get to looking for something like that that works!

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Look at the front chain ring. They are all a bit different but some are made so you can disassemble them either by bolts(the good ones) or by drilling rivets and reassemble it with one of the rings. I like the midrange ring but it doesn't always reassemble that way. Take a look it may work for you.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Parts bike is in another state at the moment. It'd have to wait, but it's a cheap wally world bike and that may work. The problem is the one on the cruiser I am pretty sure is welded?

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
HOPEFULLY BRO, Yer only gonna pedal when starting the bike, So a single chainring is fine. BUT, just in case, Dont make it too hard to pedal. If somethin breaks and ya gotta pedal yer arse home, easy is better.
fatdaddy.usflg

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
HOPEFULLY BRO, Yer only gonna pedal when starting the bike, So a single chainring is fine. BUT, just in case, Dont make it too hard to pedal. If somethin breaks and ya gotta pedal yer arse home, easy is better.
fatdaddy.usflg
Ditto...

I like a 36T on the cranks and then a 22-24T, perfect gearing in my opinion, easier to pedal for bump starting and if you need to pedal the bike due to a failure or because you just want a little exercise....uh... on second thought scrat h the exxercise part...lol

I put engines on my bikes so I dont have to pedal them....!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
At this rate I may just got back to the coaster brake wheel. Just to simplify things for the time being, but no rush really. Haven't even had much motivation to do much on the bike while it's cold! Still in the trunk of my car from this last weekend!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
At this rate I may just got back to the coaster brake wheel. Just to simplify things for the time being, but no rush really. Haven't even had much motivation to do much on the bike while it's cold! Still in the trunk of my car from this last weekend!
Order this sprocket and put it on the multi speed wheel and you can use the regular bike chain, put a 36T front crank sprocket on and you'll have an excellent gearing, much easier to pedal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151382953663?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

You'll need a simple tool to remove the mutli speed sprocket.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tool-Bike-B...9&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=141188181530&rt=nc

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
things look good from what I've read and been catching up on with this post... I've been so busy at work the last few days I barely have time to go thru all the posts I'm following.
Your progress does look good and the few things I saw that concearned me, Map already pointed out so no need to go over it twice... Just take your time and don't try to rush anything as you get closer to finishing and you'll have a very fun and fast bike that'll last you years.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
things look good from what I've read and been catching up on with this post... I've been so busy at work the last few days I barely have time to go thru all the posts I'm following.
Your progress does look good and the few things I saw that concearned me, Map already pointed out so no need to go over it twice... Just take your time and don't try to rush anything as you get closer to finishing and you'll have a very fun and fast bike that'll last you years.
Haha yeah, been working out the kinks! I think I am just going to go back to the single speed to solve most of my problems. I'll probably get what map suggested for an easy start up, but first things first I need to get the motor together properly once I have a little spare $$$. I mean I could get the parts, but I like to always have a little bit of a cash anyways just cause! So it'll be a couple paychecks before much more progress is made. Also need to have the fork threaded further down and cut to length to get that worked out. So at this point I am looking at less than fifty bucks before I have a good solid running bike!

I guess the cold has discouraged me from working too much, but that just means I got time! Need to fix my exhaust too. Do you guys think that header is long enough? Or should I try to find some piping to go a little longer?

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
i think the header is many inches to long. some people would cut out the first bend on the pipe so it could be mounted with a header as long as yours. but it wont suck. just will be limited with max rpm

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
So.... This build might be scrapped and parted out altogether... I just tried to have my taxes done and well I owe quite a bit more than I have, didn't think it would end up this way. So I might have to part out the build to make ends meet.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Might possibly have a really nice motor for sale in the near future.

Pk80 with the lightest piston I have ever made. Piston weighing in at 72.5 grams with piston rings (ramped, cut skirts and drilled), with a lightweight japanese wristpin bearing, sanded down jug (off the failed dax lower project, but works beautifully on this engine) with transfer ports cleaned and intake and exhaust ported. Also with a manic mechanic CNC intake using a modified exhaust gasket and topped off with an awesome 6cc fred head. I haven't even been able to run this motor except when it was running lower compression! Wonder what I could get out of it. I dunno though, I've got an attachment to this stuff and I don't want to let it go, but I gotta pay the bills. Didn't think I was so far behind and selling this stuff might make a dent.

Last edited:

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri

In this picture the piston isn't at complete TDC and when it is it basically is flush with the jug itself and looks awesome. Head gasket for clearance and boom it should run awesome! I am impressed with how well that jug was able to be used.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
So.... This build might be scrapped and parted out altogether... I just tried to have my taxes done and well I owe quite a bit more than I have, didn't think it would end up this way. So I might have to part out the build to make ends meet.
Don't scrap it just yet, I've had to pay back the IRS before and they'll usually work with you on a payment agreement. I've had to pay them back over 12000 before and we agreed on $175 a month and they get any returns I make until it's paid off. You can also file a form 656 and make them an offer in compromise, which means you agree that you owe the money but don't have it so you offer them a much smaller amount. I've seen people get offers as low as 10% of what they owe accepted, but save this for a larger amount as you can only do this once. The offer in compromise is best used when ya owe them more than you make in a year, and also best if you have a tax professional prepare the form for you, they can still reject it if it's incomplete or anything doesn't look just the way they want.