High Performance Wally World Cruiser?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
YILDS, just wanted to let you know I have that GT5 going now and so for it is a good running engine, the lower ddid have some metal in it but I got it out and so far with the port work I did on the jug along with the fred piston, its really running nice, vibes in that lower are low and it does teal good in the medium to higher rpm.

Just thought Id let you know im happy with it and I hope you can get all this Un American IRS straightened out asap.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Well its not a ton of money just more than I have. It's 2.2k that I owe. Which is not that much but I'm scraping for money at the moment so I might have to sell that engine and I have some car parts I need to thin out some, but otherwise I am tightening the boundaries on what I buy these next couple months so I hope to be able to scrape together about a grand and a half. Also need to go over my deductions again and see what else I have.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
And I'm glad it runs good Map hopefully itkeeps going good! I'll get this sorted out and will probably be not working on the bike for a while. I might part this out then sometime in the future build a mountain bike

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri

Almost in complete form. No GT5 engine though. Getting the fork threaded and cut down so I can finish the disc brake front. Decided if I am going to sell the bike it'd probably be easier to sell a complete bike instead of parting it out. Really coming together nicely despite the paint getting roughed up as it's basically just primer, gives it a REAL nice look though.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yup... that's what Arrow sells as the snake pipe, it's kinda funky shaped, but so far the most effective modified pocketbike based pipe for making excellent power. I hadn't kept up with this post enough to know for sure whether he bought the snake pipe or got the pocketbike pipe and made his own header for it.

One other thing that's really nice about a big pipe like this is that it'll run cool enough that it won't burn your leg if the outlet is big enough... My KTM pipe's outlet is nearly an inch wide so there's very little restriction but the expansion chamber works very well so it stays cool to the touch even after a hard run down the street. It may heat up if I ran full throttle for over a mile or 2 but shooting it a mile down the street hardly gives it time to heat up, and letting it idle won't heat it up even if it's sat there idling for over 10 minutes. All the major heat in my pipe is from the exhaust port to about 8 inches away from the port, then the rest of the pipe runs very cool.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I bought the expansion chamber online and made the header myself. I used some old SBP exhaust piping that I already had used and modified to to work with the snake pipe. Only thing I am not satisfied is well 1. I don't know how to weld so if they welds don't leak it's a miracle and 2. the head itself shook itself apart and I had to quickly fix it and could be bad because of 1.

It looks real nice though. I need to probably make another header as well as change the piping to 1." The piping is mostly 7/8 with a small stretch of 3/4 which works just fine, it's just I'd rather have some nice looking, cleanly welded, NOT CRACKED piping. I have the header that came with it as well as one off my old voodoo pipe I had that I am probably going to use to make another header somewhere down the line if I don't sell the bike itself

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri

Also have this mikuni carb I need to either fab or buy an intake for. Need to figure out how to tune it as well. Looks like the stock cable will fit perfectly which is a bonus.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Something else I realised is the wide exhaust gaskets work perfectly for intake gaskets if you just slightly modify the screw holes. Saved me a ton of time to make a new gasket.

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
i think there is a manifold for the 16mm dellorto. you could purchase both cheaper and faster than the mikuni install and tune. probly the dellorto would look and fit better aswell.

bike is looking good. did u get the income tax sorted yet?

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
i think there is a manifold for the 16mm dellorto. you could purchase both cheaper and faster than the mikuni install and tune. probly the dellorto would look and fit better aswell.

bike is looking good. did u get the income tax sorted yet?
Got my income taxes set down to about $1700 which is better than $2200. Going to just save up and pay it off. Might borrow a little bit from the s.o. to pay it off and then just pay her back. Have to pay another $153 to file on turbo tax which compared to the $484 HR block wanted me to pay is a breeze in comparison. All in all brought down about $500 and just going to have to suck it up and pay the rest!

on that mikuni every jet and the slide are tuned for airbox restriction.....
Probably still an upgrade over stock carb and it was only $20 so I can't really complain.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
If I can buy the dellorto manifold somewhere down the line and get it to work on the mikuni carb then it may be worth it to try it and if it doesn't work very well I guess lesson learned. The carb won't be hard to mount. I need to actually find out what the intake diameter of it is before I get too far with it. Also what do you mean by it's airbox restriction?

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
airbox restriction is a way to tune carbs so it pulls gas based on mass airflow rather than throttle position. the slide/ all jets and emmulsifiers are based on that likely if its just a used carb.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
any restriction in air flow acts like a choke which puts more of the vacuum pull on the jet which can cause a rich running condition if jetting isn't matched to the air filter, the least restrictive filter you can use and still clean the air the better and if you go from a low flowing filter to a high flowing cloth or dome set up it can lean the mix a little since the engine is able to get more air in the mix.

I remember the old Briggs push mower engines running way better with the air filter on them, you always needed to make sure it was in place before adjusting the fuel mixture needle, sometimes they wouldn't idlegood at all until you put the air cleaner on, just that slight amount of air flow restriction caused by the foam it cleaner element would make a noticeable difference in idle quality.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
so basically what you guys are saying is it will need a high flow air filter to make it a good upgrade. I have some idea's I was thinking about when making a filter. Using the velocity stack cup I was going to use a stock filter or something else as a filter stacked with that.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
so basically what you guys are saying is it will need a high flow air filter to make it a good upgrade. I have some idea's I was thinking about when making a filter. Using the velocity stack cup I was going to use a stock filter or something else as a filter stacked with that.
just a standard type foam filter similar to a Uni filter that will clamp over the inlet is all thats needed along with a good coating of foam filter oil sprayed on.

many people don't realize that a foam filter isn't a good filter for keeping out fine dust and dirt unless it gets a good spraying down with filter oil designed for a foam filter.

just measure the inlet OD and do a search on ebay for a filter with the same ID and you shouldn't have much trouble finding one.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
This new and improved PK80 might be a good contender for 50mph with that 32T. With the jug being milled down and increasing compression should be able to spin some RPMs. Disc should be a good way to slow me down from that too!