Hi from the UK - INDIAN Board Tracker tribute, my first build

GoldenMotor.com

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Seems like your love of bikes has integrated perfectly into your new lifestyle Rick. Life sounds good.
Because of the limitations imposed by Jen's health care requirements and Covid restrictions, I'm just about at the point where I'm considering car ownership unnecessary. Supermarket where I do our shopping is only a short walk away in one direction and the town centre even closer in the opposite direction. Venturing to either was the only thing I used to use the car for since relocating to Alnwick. Popping out to do the shopping or heading into town for Jen's prescription meds are virtually the only times I leave the house, so the walk is something I enjoy and consider essential.
It is good Pete and walking, just moving is great. 10,000 steps per day is a goal many set and keep for years. I sub pedaling and resistence exercises, but walking is great.

I also was full time care for my Dad, I put my life on hold for seven years, best investment in time I ever made and wish it had been double that, but for his sake it was time, not my decision to make.

Your little red Indian deserves to be ridden and shown off and she's fuel thrifty in basically kit form, my modified engines are only 60 mpg, about half as thrifty as un modified engines. Post a photo of her as many are new to the forum and don't realize what a nice bike we're referring to.

Rick C.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I haven't driven the camper in two months and start it up once a month to keep it going. If the summer bike camp happens it will have a 4,500 mile trip.

A U.S. gallon at your per litre price, would be $8.20.
Our per litre price is $1.81 Canadian or 1.05 Sterling.
A gallon of gas in U.S.dollars at our per litre price is $5.37.

Any way you add it up, we are collectively being shafted by the stock market investors.

Steve.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
$3.68 for diesel today and my K2500 has a 35 gal. tank. Fill ups are thrilling. You wonder why the cost of goods is rising? It ain't inflation, it's transportation. I don't mind. The cost of living is the cost of living.
Price of a 12pack of Leinenkugel jumped more than 2 bucks. Just Miller taking profit from a brand with little advertisement. Rant over. Nice saddle Pete.

Tom

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
$3.68 for diesel today and my K2500 has a 35 gal. tank. Fill ups are thrilling. You wonder why the cost of goods is rising? It ain't inflation, it's transportation. I don't mind. The cost of living is the cost of living.
Price of a 12pack of Leinenkugel jumped more than 2 bucks. Just Miller taking profit from a brand with little advertisement. Rant over. Nice saddle Pete.

Tom
I lied went out this afternoon, I live 2 blocks from a gas station, and the price is #3.44 a gal. Been cooped up with arm in a sling, new shoulder, so not out and about like normal....................CURT

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
How bout, remember in the 70's when as a kid built my first motorbike. Fity Cent! If near the refinery Twenty-Five. The Manhattan Icebreaker in port by the refinery. Things are different now.

With respect to health, I think I can ride my woods offroad motor bike with pegs only, the windsurfing yesterday and swimming give me enough exercise.

The mini cam I used on my motor bike helmet and windsurfing I am looking at getting a way to mount on my dive mask or buy another mask with the mount. Tested it with helmet cam snorkeling and it takes great video. Only that way I cannot use snorkel.

Breath holding is not meant to be except when underwater. Oh, except on scuba which am waiting for my replacement dive suit. Had it for over 20 years, time to get another, but this time custom fit.

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Footboards fitted and footbrake adjusted to suit. I've repositioned the lever on the rear drum brake plate from the 7-o'clock to the 12-o'clock position. This allows better positioning of the brake pull rod. It now flows almost parallel to the chain stay, rather than diagonally bisecting it as originally installed (see lower pic for comparison). Aesthetically more pleasing - at least to my eye anyway. Right side footboard interfered with the fold-down kick start lever which has had to be shelved. Not at all bothered about this 'cause the ACE's motor has an electric starter. I'll see if I can source an alternative kick start lever that fits without fouling the footboard.

DSCN4101 (2).JPG
DSCN4102 (2).JPG
DSCN4006 (2).JPG

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Happy to obliage Tom. Calico's rock! Wee ragdoll cross Mischa's not so wee these days. At 18 months old, she's still two and a half years away from reaching full size. Apparently ragdolls have four growth spurts. At the rate she's going, she'll be a huge cat. Most vocal and people-focussed cat we've ever owned. She's great company and has made a big difference to my life. Follows me round the house all day, can't abide closed doors, even the shower's. Stands on her hind legs squealing and pawing at the cubicle door when I'm showering till I let her in. Her party trick is rolling onto her back - sunny side up. Regularly falls to sleep that way.

UK is battening-down the hatches in anticipation of Storm Eunice which is scheduled to hit from the south west later today, Friday. 100 mph winds forecast with a red warning issued (highest level, danger to life) for the Bristol Channel / Wales region. Luckily we're in the north east, so we escape the worst, but we might see a covering of snow. Hope it's more lively than Storm Dudley (who picks these names!) a couple of days back which was a damp squib on Wednesday. After that anti-climax, some wag on YouTube said they'll be naming individual rain drops next. HaHa!

DSCN3973 (2).JPG
DSCN4045 (3).JPG
DSCN4049 (2).JPG
DSCN4095 (2).JPG
DSCN4053 (2).JPG

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
I'm with Tom on dog and cat choices; Labs and calico which was my last cat, a miniature Persian with copper eyes. I've had 4 Persians and guys they all acted more like a dog than cats. Attentive, inventive, protective and insanely smart.
The Calico loved to have her belly groomed and would offer the upside down pose you share Pete.

Only one a silver, would venture outdoors and was such an incredible hunter of birds and small prey, up to and including dogs. I feared for others pets and she was later restricted to house. She was so gentle with kids, adults and her personal Labrador and Golden. Miss them all, but see them everywhere I look. They were great company Pete.

Rick C.

Ralph hop

Nov 14, 2019
I had a very large black cat named Weiss. He was very interactive and dog like. He was really great. When he was a wild kitten he would turn side ways and hiss at everyone and he never tolerated being held. I would plant a seedling and he would sneak up and uproot it as a game untill I gave him attention. I have a dog now that will grab and untie my shoe laces while I try to tie them. I reckon animals just have a certain love language sometimes. Always preset and never forgotten.

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Well, Storm Eunice may have caused some damage in the south/west, but here in Alnwick in the north east we stayed sunny and slightly breezy for most of yesterday. Didn't even hear any winds. And the forecasted snow was a no show. Typical of the BBC to prioritize their very London-centric, southern-biased forecasting service. We northerners in the UK could suffer an earthquake and yet it would barely get a mention on BBC's 6 O'clock news!
Spent an enjoyable couple of hours watching Big Jet TV streaming live from Heathrow yesterday. Lots of scary approaches and more than a few go-arounds as planes battled the challenging weather conditions. BJT's cameraman found himself with an audience of a quarter million viewers instead of the usual handful and the story was covered on every TV news station.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Looking two go windsurf again on one one of the next few days. I was sore from the gusty winds last time. My left shoulder blade has given me some pain an so I'm looking to wait at least to Monday or Tuesday to get feeling like I can go sail again.

I saw some video in news over there, where some ferries were not able to dock very easily The caption said that service was canceled. I was wondering if the ferry was going to smack into and damage the dock.