Happy Travels

GoldenMotor.com

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Hey guys, sorry I've been slacking. Been busy with life crap and slacking on rebuilding the 29er's engine. I'll get my but in gear and get more pics up before YGM's ready to take him.

This was the morning when I set out to meet up with Whelan, before everything went to fizzlesticks(there is an old style MB.com "bicycles aren't for pedaling anymore" on the frame, forgot to snap that, but was dark anyways):

This was a couple weeks ago, a buddy came by for a drink and a tune up. Happy drank him under the table, of course:

Last for tonight, he was a good helper getting the new sticker on the tank. (crappy indoor flash on chrome pic, blech, sunny shot coming. lol):

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Finally got out for a decent cruise, but of course the camera batt's died after 6 pics... grr. Can even see Happy in a couple of these...

Can see the US ferry off to the left, hope he's not too homesick:

wider shot:

Dredger doing its thing:

Wasn't there long enough to catch any freighters going by, good thing with the dead batts anyway. I'll try again in a couple days :)

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
New shed went up today, was half price, couldn't pass that up. Happy's talking me into a rusty rat rod build, strip the paint and let it rust for a bit, then seal it later with clear. I'll trust his judgement, heh heh.

its 8x10, but only 5' high, gah, can get some junk out of my living room at least :)

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
I still have him, I've just been slacking getting decent pics with all that's been going on lately(I don't want to bring that mess here). He's safe and in one piece, I'm sorry I haven't brought the thunder yet...

I'll get my butt in gear!

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
i haven't made any progress on my build for months, more important things have taken my time and money. i might have it rolling by christmas, i have most of the parts but a lot still needs to be fabricated.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Happy arrived!

2 funny, his little goggles have actual clear plastic lenses. He sat on my car dashboard for a couple of years and the sun is turning the plastic to a yellow tint.

That or he really needs to slow down on the drinking the hard stuff.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I think yellow eyes are a sign of liver problems. Jaundice? And it's a result of too much booze. Happy needs to dry out. Maybe that clinic where the celebrities go? The Betty Ford place? It's expensive. Not sure we could afford to keep him there long. We need to talk to Paul.

Tom

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I should have seen it sooner. He has always had a yellowish, facial tinge.

It would be really, really wrong to make a happyballs joke here. (He is a tad sensitive and making fun of his last name is just not cool)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
That's a great idea Dan, I feel bad for missing that thread about the round-trip. We gotta see him working around the new shop just a little bit before he goes. He spent too long in Canada slacking and drinking beers :p

Great cause, and like you said, that's what he's for... to spread awareness and mabber cheer, right?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Been stuck on "Happy Balls Mcgee" all day. Had me doubled over laughing. (wut? I not only rode the small bus, I now drive one)

Cool and thanks Killer. Really is up to all as to what or where the lil round Son of a Bicyclist goes. Would be really cool if he did do the U.S., state by state before going back abroad. Up to a vote or what every one thinks.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Killer, think I am missing a nuance. is a "mabber" some thing specific? I am thinking it is a "separated by a similar language" thing and I am missing it. Forgive me for not knowing/understanding.