Getting old is rough

GoldenMotor.com

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Update on Cubital Tunnel Surgery Recovery

Test went well for getting into drysuit to snorkel in Pacific. The cove was calm, but the wind picked up and more wave action. I was already done snorkeling and so that did not matter. The cove had no breakers, unless you count 4" height right at the lapping water at the edge of the beach.

Another beach goer's dog was a bit rambunctious. The guy did not control the dog, (though small), it did put some scrapes in my drysuit. Tonight, cleaning the suit, the washing of the suit showed the marks gone, though they did appear before washing. I took pictures, just if later it leaks in that area.

I don't expect I would see that person again. I mean like if I had a costly repair and wanted to collect on it. I always get the sand off my suit by once more going in the water. It basically is just to get the water proof zipper rinsed of the sand and neck seal. I have water in my truck to rinse as well.

In going back in the water for an initial rinse, after the incident with the dog, this after they guy came over, and I said get the dog off me, if there was a puncture, it may have shown a leak.

I mean may, as at depth like 33ft sea water (extra 1 atm of 14.7lbs), or say still to max recreational scuba of 130ft the pressure of water there could show up something that in 5 feet depth wouldn't.

I would not think the suit has any issue.

The getting into the suit and back out of it, does abrade my elbow where the incision is, but with the caplin water wicking undergarments and the high loft 2 way stretch polar guard undergarment I found it not so bad. Later I had minor issue by the elbow.

This was immensely less a problem that when using my remote-control land yacht model transmitter. Though the transmitter does not weigh much, my elbow is at 90 degrees bent static. I guess that is not quite as ergonomic, but till I go back to windsurfing, what else.

Yep, a wetsuit for windsurfing, even with wearing a rash guard under the wetsuit, it might be a little more adventurous to my elbow, but that would likely be the next step. Excepting that windsurfing is some of the time a bit of static stress on the elbow, even though some is relieved by the harness line. The gearing to get set up to windsurf, is also something that probably is at a much later date. More time healing makes sense for the more intense sport!

Will have to see about scuba diving with a tank and regulator. The forecast I will see if something can happen soon.

Not that I am so concerned about the ocean, though through the 4th of July, there were a few river and ocean fatalities. Boating and someone just being near the ocean or river, with the holiday, kind of know this is stuff that could have other things involved with whatever.

My dad was in the Navy and a lifeguard, before physics professor. I got training by him to swim underwater breath hold swimming a few feet under the surface of a regulation Olympic size pool.

With either a push off, or a dive, and then a somersault-push-off the opposite end, I’d cover 150ft horizontally, underwater about 3ft depth on a breath hold. I suppose it helped with when abalone diving was legal, which it closed now for California since some years ago. With that sport, I suppose the 12ft depth at the end of the pool helped with that sport also.

I do remember him saying, stay the h*** out of the ocean, this when I was talked about windsurfing in a harbor in gale force winds. The winds are blowing you on shore in a harbor. Some other windsurfer would sail in 15-foot swells.

I saw pics and videos of this, but I never participated in it. The onetime, a breaker that high was a set that had me on an E-ticket at the water world. No harm, but it ended my day sailing. How another sailor at the same location, decided to get back composure and sail back out, baffles me?

MT

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Windsurfing is a real mans sport. I think my last setup was a couple of small sails 3 or 4m^2? and a sinker board that took some getting used to. Had to tack fast or I’d sink. Got to where I was doing the quick tack behind the sail getting under the tip of the boom. Soon after I moved away from the ocean and that was the end of that.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Quick update:

This heatwave the past couple weeks really tore me a new one with the pain and fatigue. I guess any extreme weather is a no-no.

The good Lord put two healers in my life recently. One is a guy I did a little ebike job for. I swapped his 26x4 knobbies to slicks and fixed his brakes. Those fat tires are actually somewhat tricky to mount because of how weak the beads are. I didn’t feel like charging for this minor job so instead asked him to get a real full face motorcycle helmet for himself as he uses the bike for UberEats and is on the road a lot. He does massage too, got a folding table in his car for his mobile work and all. He does a great job.

Tom you had said a nurse girlfriend will take good care of you for a long time. Well I found one. We are completely wrong for each other and it’s super complicated so maybe not a long term thing. Real healer, my hand was near her one day and she just started massaging it. After a couple minutes I moved myself and hand closer and she continued for almost an hour. Her voice is so soft and soothing too. I suspected she’d be a great kisser since I met her last year, so as she massaged my hand I told her that, pulled her close, and gently massaged her lips with mine.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Man this heat is killing me. Can only really do work before 11am or after 7pm. Several months ago I’d do one day then be floored tired for 3 days now the ratio is nearly 1:1. Got lots of jobs to do round the house after this year.

I realize my reality is within my consciousness, and I choose life/positivity. I feel better, good things happen to me, and people around me are uplifted. I’ll start a project soon just not sure what exactly. Almost bought a minibike the other day sat on it and said nooooope. But I Coulda bought it to build it? Idk.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Quick update:

This heatwave the past couple weeks really tore me a new one with the pain and fatigue. I guess any extreme weather is a no-no.

The good Lord put two healers in my life recently. One is a guy I did a little ebike job for. I swapped his 26x4 knobbies to slicks and fixed his brakes. Those fat tires are actually somewhat tricky to mount because of how weak the beads are. I didn’t feel like charging for this minor job so instead asked him to get a real full face motorcycle helmet for himself as he uses the bike for UberEats and is on the road a lot. He does massage too, got a folding table in his car for his mobile work and all. He does a great job.

Tom you had said a nurse girlfriend will take good care of you for a long time. Well I found one. We are completely wrong for each other and it’s super complicated so maybe not a long term thing. Real healer, my hand was near her one day and she just started massaging it. After a couple minutes I moved myself and hand closer and she continued for almost an hour. Her voice is so soft and soothing too. I suspected she’d be a great kisser since I met her last year, so as she massaged my hand I told her that, pulled her close, and gently massaged her lips with mine.
Dude! ;)
What is complicated? She is older? Has children? Can you provide for her long term? Sounds like you are on the proverbial first base. But do not take advantage of her empathy. Earn her respect. It ain't easy. She has seen your kind on a regular basis.

Been there done it Tom from Rubicon

• Haha
Reactions: Tony01 and fasteddy