For Old Guys Only

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
This is still a hard subject for me, I lost both of my parents by the time I was 25. My mom passed when I was 19 of colon cancer, my dad six years later of a heart attach. With mom it was expected since she had been through four operations, dad was on the job installing a standing seem roof on a historic hotel in downtown when he had the attach. I'm not complaining, it made me to better realize how important family is, we spend as much time as possible with our children and my wife's parents. For those that still have their parents ask as much as possible, one day you will not be able to.

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Course organiser's meeting before the race went like this:
"We don need no stinkin' 'ealth an' safety. Our race is good to go, yes?
Cardboard armco barriers on the tightest bends, Check.
Ribbon crowd fencing, Check.
Spectator space grouped in the deadliest hazard areas, Check.
Hmmm, all we're missing is some poor creature to jump over at the 28 second-in mark. Anyone got a dog?
Hold my beer while I go round up ol' Rabid Rex..."

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
In a world without litigation the spirit of a race promoter is set free...guys just need to go fast! The Baja is the poster race for spectators placing themselves in extremis! The starts are especially lacking in "social distancing" from the massive unlimited trucks with three plus feet of suspension travel and well, unlimited power. Must be exciting but for me I'm back way way back from the action as a spectator.

Rick C.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Work load must have been light enough for a little play?
Was this a "Here hold my beer" ?
I must find a consenting adult with a curious nature and a interest in Physics.
From my experience Bosh has the best power supply.
From Calzone to Physics, what does not get you going? Picture me as a Jack Russel. :)
Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Who is up for a little movie trivia? What with the plague and all most of us are staying indoors and I've found lots of time to waste time. So I'm proposing we have a little fun. I'll post a picture, you tell what movie its from and a famous line from that movie. I'll make the first one simple to see how this will go over.

Tom

Attachments

Davideo

Feb 25, 2020
Who is up for a little movie trivia? What with the plague and all most of us are staying indoors and I've found lots of time to waste time. So I'm proposing we have a little fun. I'll post a picture, you tell what movie its from and a famous line from that movie. I'll make the first one simple to see how this will go over.

Tom
Apocalypse Now, I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.