Feb 1, 2010
wa
Heck, I eat post-Fukushima Pacific fish all the time. I don't even
need to turn on the light to do it.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
When I was in the Boy Scouts we had earthworms omlettes, cricket omlettes and even grasshopper omlettes. For some reason I couldn't get myself to try the grub omlettes though. You can decide which ones were crunchy, but all in all none tasted awful, just different.
As for GMO, I can't stand the notion of us all being poisoned by the garbage products flooding the supermarkets these days. Also, I am frightened by the notion of eating anything that lived in the Pacific post-Fukushima. Fish farm food is still ok though.
You didn't try the grubs. Oh, they were the best (depending on the insect). Earthworms, unseasoned, don't really taste like much of anything. But garlic and butter work wonders. I like how crickets are kind of nutty-tasting.
But when we camped by the creek at Boy Scout camp, I would round up crawdads every time. Yeah, I know they aren't bugs, but they were there and somebody had to eat them, right? :)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
We used to call lobsters, 'bugs'. When you think about it, lobsters, crawdads, even shrimp sort of look like big insects...but they all taste better and don't have that yellow
or green juice inside.

Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Another brick in the wall.................of things that make me feel older.

Just got a new Medicare book today and in it they are celebrating 50 years. Medicare is 50 years old! Signed into law in 1965.
When I saw the anniversary date and 50 years I remembered what I was doing in 1965.
"Holy sheet! That was 50 years ago? 50? Good grief!"

Tom

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Well, I was gonna say sumpin'....but I forgot what it was......
Oh yeah,.....no, that ain't it......sounds like........ just give
me a minute.....it'll come to me.

:-||

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Of course I did, X. Just practicing senior moments for when I get as old
as you.

brnot

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Makes me wonder about my back porch the day you were here. That tinkling bird bath must have been a real distraction :)

Tom

Or, it may be that I drink more beer on the days I can't get out and do something......

Shoot, I made it all the way to Limon that afternoon.......(not counting the Mexican restaurant -- hmmm, beer was also involved)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Anyone else a Ricky Nelson fan?
I was doing some searching this evening and stumbled on this > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC6wynLbx6M

Rick was an icon of my early youth. Maybe more even than Elvis because he was on TV at least once a week. The Ozzie and Harriet show used to end with a song by Rick.
I can remember well the day I heard about his death. 1985. Rats!

Tom

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Tom,

He was one of my personal favorites along with Buddy Holly. It's ironic that they both died in plane crashes.

We rarely missed the Ozzie and Harriet show all the years it was on.

Steve.