FL

GoldenMotor.com

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
Ok, now that you've answered that (and I have your "attention")
Can you provide any court documents that have the word gas in them? THAT would be AWESOME...
I've asked about 10 times now and have been ignored, can you respond please? PRETTY PLEASE?!?!
Anything with the word "gas"...
Anything... (Like DTG said, like court notes or anything?)

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
paula, first i want to say thank you for the information you posted here.
second i apologise for the gruffness here.
it is a hotly debated subject.

sangesf, i have been mostly on your side in these FL law threads.
i can't be on your side with this.
there is NO single reason should be talking to her in that manner.

all she did was post the information that she had. it may not be what you are looking for, but it is what she has.
yes having the word "gas" would have been better.
though some how i feel, even if it did you still would not be pleased.

i personally am going to print out a copy & keep it on my person.
it isn't the best option. it is the next best option it does make me feel more confident if questioned by a leo.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I will say this.

The hostility and conspiracy theories are getting old, this ongoing, outright animosity even towards folks on the same side is less than constructive, and attacking a new member that's just trying to help, that could have serious repercussions.

I would suggest that a moment is taken aside from Florida law to review our forum's rules: http://motorbicycling.com/f21/please-read-these-simple-rules-2.html specifically, rule one.

If civility is so difficult, if cooperation is so impossible here, on this friendly forum - you haven't a chance of working together toward changing the existing laws.

Last edited:

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
All I've been asking for, for months, YEARS, even is for a document from anyone in law enforcement stating specifically, that I can ride a gas bike without a DL and we are THIS close.. And still yet, nothing..
I know it's a "second best option", but I don't deal in those terms when it comes to law enforcement. If we did get a document with the word gas, I would be INCREDIBLY PLEASED, since that's what I've been asking for, FOREVER!
I ask for something solid and it's ignored, if I ask ANYTHING ELSE, I get an almost immediate response...
It may seem "gruff", but when you continually ask for something specific and you get a billion generalities, it gets a bit annoying...

Ultimately, I'll just have to call the court myself and TRY to get SOMETHING from them.
(I'll also send a copy of the documents we currently have to the DMV person I've been dealing with and see what she says.)

Last edited:

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
I will say this.

The hostility and conspiracy theories are getting old, this ongoing, outright animosity even towards folks on the same side is less than constructive, and attacking a new member that's just trying to help, that could have serious repercussions.

I would suggest that a moment is taken aside from Florida law to review our forum's rules: http://motorbicycling.com/f21/please-read-these-simple-rules-2.html specifically, rule one.

If civility is so difficult, if cooperation is so impossible here, on this friendly forum - you haven't a chance of working together toward changing the existing laws.
Point taken... Let's just hope that EVERYONE follows those rules.

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
You don't have to file anything - just go down to the courthouse and ask for all records on the case number that we have.
If I could, I would. However, I'm about 400 miles away.. LOL

Anyone closer that could go and get whatever they can?
What about the poster who's retired.. He says he's got plenty of free time.. Heh.

paulapaxton

Sep 7, 2011
florida
would a copy of my tickey be of any help
i wont be able to get to a scanner til 130pm today at school i just want to be able to help any one i can

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
We already have a copy of the ticket.

What we would need is any of the following:

Police report
Stenographers Record
In-Court Audio Recording
Full Evidence Report

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
would a copy of my ticket be of any help
i wont be able to get to a scanner til 130pm today at school i just want to be able to help any one i can
Just like DuctTapedGoat said...
Documents OTHER than the ticket or no information letter, that have the SPECIFIC details that show a GAS powered bicycle (somewhere there HAS to be the words "GAS powered helper motor") does not require a Drivers License.

We all see the no information letter says "helper motor"... We also know the word GAS in not included on the ticket either.. It's the GAS part that's NOT included in those words that's important to us.
Seeing a trend here? Heh

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
i'm sure that it would be good enough for about 80-90% of leos.
my vespa is 150cc 4 stroke. it is titled as a motorcycle. being that i can do 75-80mph it should be.
i have been pulled over on it lots of times.i have only had cops ask for my motor cycle endorsement twice. one only ever asked for proof of insurance for not wearing a helmet. i have neither & after talking to them they forgot they asked the question. those two were on motorcycles. i have had many of them ask me the law.
remember most of what happens when pulled over is the leo's discretion.
be confident but casual. i have always found telling a truth that has a little vulnerability to get people to be on your side.
the truth is that you carry the paperwork because their use to be confusion.
i have had a cop pull up side of me on my current moto/bike. then he got out & asked me questions. we chatted 5-10 min & left.
i will be going back up to the tax collector & updating them & see what they say.

off topic but good to know. in florida, it takes two feet on the ground to count as a complete stop @ a stop sign.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I didn't know about the both feet on the ground. But it makes sense. I think if you have a drivers license and obey all laws of the road chances are you won't get pulled over. Except in that 1 county! I think the county dept. has a bug up their "brown spot" about our bikes.

Terry

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
Any luck on other paperwork besides the ticket and letter?

P.S. I did email a bunch of people from the DMV to get their thoughts on this new development.. (Still waiting on a response from them). Also sent the info to a few sherrif's offices in my area and also to one other website that deals with bicycle laws...
See what kind of responses I get..

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Any luck on other paperwork besides the ticket and letter?

P.S. I did email a bunch of people from the DMV to get their thoughts on this new development.. (Still waiting on a response from them). Also sent the info to a few sherrif's offices in my area and also to one other website that deals with bicycle laws...
See what kind of responses I get..
I doubt you'll get much in the way of responses, I couldn't get any here in Texas. It's ok to let everyone know that we know though. The authorities might contact the prosecutor, and be told the state can't get a conviction for MB no license tickets.

What will probably happen is no one will come out and say they're legal. Instead silence will reign, but they'll eventually just stop writing no license, and no registration tickets to MBs. We live in a gray area, but in your state it's not quite as gray as here anymore.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
We already have a copy of the ticket.

What we would need is any of the following:

Police report
Stenographers Record
In-Court Audio Recording
Full Evidence Report
You've never fought a ticket in court before have you? You're not going to need any of this. Paula didn't need it, and nobody else does either.

China Girls are not considered self propelled by the state, that's all that matters. There's no way they can get a conviction. This is all you need to know.

"This vehicle does not meet the legal requirement of a motor vehicle that would require her to have a valid Florida Driver’s License".

What they're saying here is a MB is not a motor vehicle, because it's not considered self propelled.

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
It doesn't help the article that there are two inaccuracies in it.

Motorized bikes are illegal in New York.

California law says nothing about a 50 cc limit and motorized
bikes do need to be registered and get a license plate as well
as needing a valid drivers license with a moped or motorcycle
endorsement.
It makes the whole article not to be trusted.

And the person that posted it too.

It does not fit with his military rap about doing things straight.

Last edited:

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
You've never fought a ticket in court before have you? You're not going to need any of this. Paula didn't need it, and nobody else does either.

China Girls are not considered self propelled by the state, that's all that matters. There's no way they can get a conviction. This is all you need to know.

"This vehicle does not meet the legal requirement of a motor vehicle that would require her to have a valid Florida Driver’s License".

What they're saying here is a MB is not a motor vehicle, because it's not considered self propelled.
Just because one judge views it that way doesn't mean they all will.

Honestly, it's super stupid to NOT go in prepared. And that you're still hung up on the self propelled thing is just silly. What they're saying is it's not a motor vehicle. To say WHY they THINK that is to assume.

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
wow you really changed your tune.
first you kept telling everyone to just go out & ride it since it isn't on the books. (the ladder argument)
now you are saying that someone should have more definitive proof.

just an observation.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
And I still stand by that. Personally, I think the self propelled argument is a stupid one. It's a non issue, as there just is no definition of gas motorized bicycles in FL.

Were it a situation for me I would ride because I know I'm in the right, and I would take it to the jury box. Going to court without any evidence especially when the evidence exists is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. If it's a matter of setting precedence you've got to expect some bumps in the road, being well prepared simply eliminates many of those very bumps.