FL

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
sorry to answer a question for fulltimer.

you also have said quite a few things that show you have no clue.
your second question nails it home.
because the laws just changed earlier this year.
before that gasbikes where allowed & considered just a "bike".

every time you out of stateres interject you derail the conversation.
every time i want to say" hey! the adults are talking!"
do you notice how things are starting to happen?
by people IN florida? by arguing with floridians about their laws, you are a problem not a solution.

we will promise to stay out of your state law conversations.
I got to give you credit, that's the most polite way anyone ever told me to STFU!!! LOL.

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
LOL!. i was a credit card collector for over 6 years.
saying uncomfortable things in a polite way is part of my skill set.
it is hard to get someone to give you a check over the phone if they hang up first.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
LOL!. i was a credit card collector for over 6 years.
saying uncomfortable things in a polite way is part of my skill set.
it is hard to get someone to give you a check over the phone if they hang up first.
I give up. Where do I send the check?

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
You need to follow your own advise then and learn what the law is. You've already, by your own admission, shown you don't have much of a clue.

Why are you riding a MB since you believe they are illegal motor vehicles in your state?
OK now you have to show where I have admitted to not having much of a clue>

The reason I ride is because I know all the cops in my ride area and they have all said or shown that they have no problem with it. The day they tell me to get it registered I will. In other words I ride because I know I can

Also the cases we are talking about involve operating without a valid DL, I have one of those

Now lets see those documentations about these bikes that are propelled by their own self contained means or propulsion are not self propelled because you have to pedal yours more than the engines does
You will note that I asked for legal OR scientific. Science does not depend on police action

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
That would work if we could get them limited to 20mph in some way.. OR change the limit to 25mph for both...
Any faster than that, they'll probably want licensing.
Very recently I read something about a golf cart manufacturer that makes these things for the old folks in trailer parks petitioning the government to raise the legal limit for a non motor vehicle. I wish I could remember where I saw that.

If they are successful it should translate over to bikes as well. In Florida legal top speed for a moped is 30mph

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
. The day they tell me to get it registered I will. In other words I ride because I know I can

Also the cases we are talking about involve operating without a valid DL, I have one of those

Wait, are we talking about MBs are legal to ride in Florida now, but all you need is a DL? I thought it was more than that?

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
Maybe there is Noel but the cases we are talking about here involve no DL right? I mean the guy even showed us his ticket.
Lets stick to the subject at hand please, the guy is asking how to beat a ticket , you are telling him to make up a story about the bike not being self propelled. OK now we're back on track

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Maybe there is Noel but the cases we are talking about here involve no DL right? I mean the guy even showed us his ticket.
Lets stick to the subject at hand please, the guy is asking how to beat a ticket , you are telling him to make up a story about the bike not being self propelled. OK now we're back on track
Well if it's just a no license issue that's a lot different than no MBs allowed, right? That's easy enough to get out of, just get a license.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Nice way of putting it biknut. Now i know for sure i have a defense. Ony got like 8 days till my court date.
Good luck James. Be sure and tell them about Paxton winning in the 14th Judicial Circuit court, and they should dismiss your ticket.

"The defendant was operating a bicycle with a helper motor (gas powered)

This vehicle does not meet the legal requirement of a motor vehicle that would require her to have a valid Florida Driver’s License."

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
My point earlier was that in that case, as far as I could see anywhere, it did NOT mention the word "gas" anywhere... Not on the ticket, not on the "no information" letter either..
You would need the police report and/or the court notes, where the word gas is mentioned, otherwise the DA WILL "object" with an easy "hearsay, - no mention of gas in provided documents" (IF you ONLY have the earlier posted info from arnet's website..)
You NEED MORE!
Also make sure that you mention that if the 14th judicial court dismissed the case, it would seem reasonable (since ALL traffic laws are supposed to be uniform across the entire state) that if THAT case was dismissed, yours should be too!
(Remember, that's only valid IF, you have something from that case with the word "gas helper motor" in it somewhere.)

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
My point earlier was that in that case, as far as I could see anywhere, it did NOT mention the word "gas" anywhere... Not on the ticket, not on the "no information" letter either..

SANGESE, Arnett says in the article that Paxton is his customer. He made her MB.

"Arnett said he and many of his customers are being harassed about the bikes. It’s not just in Okaloosa County.

Paula Paxton, who lives in Washington County, was pulled over by the Florida Highway Patrol last year and ticketed for driving without a license the day after she bought her bike from Arnett."

Read more: Questions arise over motorized bicycles | questions, ride, arise - 'I'm just trying to ride in peace' - Northwest Florida Daily News

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
Two problems.....

1.) Bringing a news article that you printed off of the Internet is (I believe) not admissable in court.
2.) Even if you COULD use it in court, show me in that article (or ANY of the other ones Arnett has been spewing all over this forum) that say specifically she bought a (gas) bicycle from him or show me where they say gas anywhere in that article pertaining specifically to Paula Paxton, as that's what you're saying to use in court.

Re-read all the articles (and re-examine all the documents provided, so far) and quote me ANYTHING that says Paula Paxton was riding a GAS bike or was given a ticket for a GAS bike or went to court about a GAS bike.. The point being, if you're gonna use her case as a defense, it's kinda important to reference the GAS part, but it just ain't there!
(Yes, there are a lot of inferences to her bike being gas, but NOT ONCE have I seen the word gas in any document pertaining to her case specifically - THAT is what I'm trying to tell you... One simple word omitted makes a world of difference in court)

You know what I mean?

I'll say it again, get the police report and/or court notes instead of an article or document that doesn't have the word gas in it.

P.S. Even you had to put "gas powered" into parentheses...
Proof coming... ;)

Good luck James. Be sure and tell them about Paxton...
"The defendant was operating a bicycle with a helper motor (gas powered) <----- your addition

This vehicle does not meet the legal requirement of a motor vehicle that would require her to have a valid Florida Driver’s License."
Actually, NOW that I think about it..
I just realized.. The state ADA "no information"'d the case during arraignment, meaning the case never got past arraignment and was NOT dismissed, only a judge can dismiss a case, and it wasn't "Nolle Prossequi"'d by the ADA either..
No information means there was NO CHARGE filed with the state.. There will NOT be court documents.. ONLY the police report.. And even then, a police report without case "information" is prolly useless to James too. :(

(I'm still curious as to what the police report states.)

Actually on SECOND thoughts... Has anyone asked Mr. Arnett if he sold Paula a gas kit or an electric kit for her bike...?!? (He sells BOTH types, you know!)
Wouldn't THAT be a kick in the pants.. (if he sold her an electric kit and that was why the state "no information"'d the case... LOL)

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Actually, NOW that I think about it..
I just realized.. It's a "no information"... The case was NOT dismissed, only a judge can dismiss a case, and it wasn't "Nolle Prossequi"'d by the DA either..
No information means there was NO CHARGE filed with the state.. There will NOT be court documents.. ONLY the police report.. And even then, a police report without case "information" is prolly useless to James too. :(

(I'm still curious as to what the police report states.)
I believe Arnett has told the truth. You're probably right about this other stuff.

The judge is the one that has to dismiss the charge, but it's usually after the prosocutor tells him they have no case.

In a matter such as this it's highly likely they'll not have any court record. That's exactly like Texas. Since no actual law was broken, it was all just a big misunderstanding, don't you know.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
"Arnett said he and many of his customers are being harassed about the bikes. It’s not just in Okaloosa County.

Read more: Questions arise over motorized bicycles | questions, ride, arise - 'I'm just trying to ride in peace' - Northwest Florida Daily News
“You don’t even have to have the bike registered,” said Timothy Presley, who was pulled over about two months ago while riding his motorized bike over the Shalimar Bridge on his motorized bike. “And no matter where I’ve been, whether it’s New York state to California, anything under 50ccs you can operate (without a vehicle registration).”
It doesn't help the article that there are two inaccuracies in it.

Motorized bikes are illegal in New York.

California law says nothing about a 50 cc limit and motorized
bikes do need to be registered and get a license plate as well
as needing a valid drivers license with a moped or motorcycle
endorsement.

paulapaxton

Sep 7, 2011
florida
my name is paula paxton this is in reference to the motorized bike i recieved a ticket for driving while license suspended i fought the ticket and won it was thrown out of court in panama city florida anyone who might be having problems with this issue please feel free to contact me you are not required to have a license i have legal court documents from the clerk of court that says you are not required to have a valid drivers license to operate these bikes

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
my name is paula paxton this is in reference to the motorized bike i recieved a ticket for driving while license suspended i fought the ticket and won it was thrown out of court in panama city florida anyone who might be having problems with this issue please feel free to contact me you are not required to have a license i have legal court documents from the clerk of court that says you are not required to have a valid drivers license to operate these bikes
Can you post them please....
(of course remove your personal information first)
We need any court document that's states specifically that your bike had a gas helper motor and that a license is not needed..
If the word(s) "gas engine" is not stated in the document, it's kinda useless to us...
We have seen the "no information" letter (useless) and the ticket (also useless)... We need something with the word gas in it, please.
Pretty please