FL

GoldenMotor.com

paulapaxton

Sep 7, 2011
florida
let me start off by saying that i believed i was not breaking any laws when i challenged the ticket i never thought it would create any upevil my only goal in going public with my story was to hopefully gain the attentinon and hopefully be able to put an end to the contreversy concerning our bicycles and fight for our legal rights without any further harrasment by law enforcement by helping others fight for thier legal rights who are scared because of intimidation by law enforcement just because a leo says your breaking a law doesnt mean they are always correct you got to show me before i would have plead guily the prosecuting attorney couldnt do just that it only goes in part not as a whole read your definitions concerning the statutes NOT GUILTY until you prove it in writing not because a cop thinks hes the law makes them right !!! i want to see it on the books defined in whole im hoping to stop all that we have suffered because enough is enough what happened to power in numbers we have to stand firm together as a whole and changes are usually caused by one single event maybe my story might start that domino effect and end all the contraversy for us all

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Just because one judge views it that way doesn't mean they all will.

Honestly, it's super stupid to NOT go in prepared. And that you're still hung up on the self propelled thing is just silly. What they're saying is it's not a motor vehicle. To say WHY they THINK that is to assume.
It might sound stupid, but how else would you fight a no license ticket?

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
Just like DuctTapedGoat said...
Documents OTHER than the ticket or no information letter, that have the SPECIFIC details that show a GAS powered bicycle (somewhere there HAS to be the words "GAS powered helper motor") does not require a Drivers License.

We all see the no information letter says "helper motor"... We also know the word GAS in not included on the ticket either.. It's the GAS part that's NOT included in those words that's important to us.
Seeing a trend here? Heh
I'll ask again.. (maybe it was missed)...

Do you have any of these?

Police report
Stenographers Record
In-Court Audio Recording
Full Evidence Report

If so, do any of those have the word gas in them?

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Just because one judge views it that way doesn't mean they all will.

What they're saying is it's not a motor vehicle. To say WHY they THINK that is to assume.
Maybe you think so, but the sergeant told Arness it's a motor vehicle, because it's self propelled, so I think you better be prepared to defend against that in court if you expect to prevail.

If it's not a motor vehicle you don't need a license.

paulapaxton

Sep 7, 2011
florida
if you wish to talk in depth call me 850-658-8511 i will see if i can get the police report monday and any other documentation the court has for you it never made it to go up before the judge the prosecuting attorney immediatley dismissed it that how i got the letter i was pulled over 9 x after but when i prtoduce the ticket and letter to police they say all kinds of staments about so called statues concerning motor vehicles but always let me go on my way even if they disagree with my documentation i have not recieved any traffic citations and i still ride my bike without a valid license because you dont need a license to ride a bicycle

paulapaxton

Sep 7, 2011
florida
Maybe you think so, but the sergeant told Arness it's a motor vehicle, because it's self propelled, so I think you better be prepared to defend against that in court if you expect to prevail.

If it's not a motor vehicle you don't need a license.
if i told you to jump of a bridge are you going to jump

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
The difference is this as far as self propulsion.

I can pedal alongside my motor all day long. My pedals will allow me to exceed the motor's speed. This is a motorized bicycle.

A moped has pedals, but don't expect to do much more than start it with the pedals - you will not be able to keep up pedaling to the motors speed.

Whether you have to pedal from a dead stop is what is moot. The difference is that your speed is limited and can be surpassed by pedaling.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
if i told you to jump of a bridge are you going to jump
Heck no.

If anyone tried to tell me my china girl is self propelled I'd tell them to prove it in court, and good luck with that.

The first ticket I ever fought and won was in 1968 for riding my motorcycle with a suspended license. I plead not guilty and won, because they couldn't prove that Dallas owned the alley I was riding in lol. Turned out the apartments owned it, so it was considered private property. I was 15.

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
i have my bike geared more like a moped.
i have a 22t on the peddle side to start easier. then a 36t on the drive.
when i get a chance i will try out a 30t for long distance rides.

also a china girl could start from a stop if the gearing was right.
Archimedes said:
Give me a stick long enough and a pivot and I shall move the world.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
if you wish to talk in depth call me 850-658-8511 i will see if i can get the police report monday and any other documentation the court has for you it never made it to go up before the judge the prosecuting attorney immediatley dismissed it that how i got the letter i was pulled over 9 x after but when i prtoduce the ticket and letter to police they say all kinds of staments about so called statues concerning motor vehicles but always let me go on my way even if they disagree with my documentation i have not recieved any traffic citations and i still ride my bike without a valid license because you dont need a license to ride a bicycle
Because a bicycle isn't self propelled. And since it's not self propelled it's not a motor vehicle. And since it's not a motor vehicle, you don't need a license to ride it. That's the only way, or else we're illegal.

That's what the Florida drivers handbook says.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
I'd laugh if you were the prosecutor, and tried that bs on me in court lol.
Wtf are you talking about?

That's a defense - prosecution wouldn't ever use a statement like that, as prosecution isn't ever in defense of motorized bicycling.

I'd laugh if I were the prosecutor and you tried to pull some bs defense about "I have to pedal from every stop, so it's not self propelled". There's plenty more arguments that hold much more water than that - you'd be a fool to close your mind after you find a single loophole. That's how you hang yourself in court.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

That's a defense - prosecution wouldn't ever use a statement like that, as prosecution isn't ever in defense of motorized bicycling.

I'd laugh if I were the prosecutor and you tried to pull some bs defense about "I have to pedal from every stop, so it's not self propelled". There's plenty more arguments that hold much more water than that - you'd be a fool to close your mind after you find a single loophole. That's how you hang yourself in court.
Please enlighten us on even one

Pretend you just got a ticket, now defend it. This should be good.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

It's really as simple as this. If it's a motor vehicle, we're guilty.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
@decoherence No matter what state you're in - the law works just the same. The only thing that's any different is the code enforced and the faces representing them.

@biknut Let me respond to your proposal with a question - If you can't come to the resolution in a conversation on a forum with someone on the internet, what makes you think you would be able to properly represent yourself and win in a courtroom?