Felt Cruiser Build......not for cruising

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Don't leave anything out Scotto, I got's to know! Weight, motor mods, . . . what you're doing cause of past pitfalls, ect. . . Go man go , , , ,

25 pages, it'll take me a week or 2 to catch up reading, looks great
Hey Will........ya better start reading! I already disclosed my bikes weight, my weight and combined weight to Farfle on ES. Motor is same as before, nearly stock. Just added a billet side cover and a flat top piston finally. Just gonna run a cheap clutch till I can afford a new crankshaft for the CVT to be bolted on again. And I've got to build a new pipe and install a new engine plate as I broke these at the Adams race. Still work to do before I can even ride it again.......stay tuned.

dnut

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Had to turn the flat top piston down .098" for zero deck height. Then did a test fit and the rod wasn't clearing the block on top......I clearanced the block today and it's coming back together.......slowly.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
What are you putting in that thing a stroker crank .
Andy......why would ya think something like that? Here is a pic after I clearanced the block, it was an easy job with the Dremel....

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/img1888w.jpg/]
[/URL]

And here is the new pipe.......

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/526/img1896ke.jpg/]
[/URL]
URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/img1907bq.jpg/]
[/URL]

more to come.....

dnut

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Well it looks like 2 bent pushrods was all I got from Apex. The piston, valves, rockers, lifters, cyl. head and all else are in fine shape somehow. The pushrods musta been a lil too long so it seems.......i'll letcha know after I drag race through the neighborhood a coupla times......

dnut

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Well it looks like 2 bent pushrods was all I got from Apex. The piston, valves, rockers, lifters, cyl. head and all else are in fine shape somehow. The pushrods musta been a lil too long so it seems.......i'll letcha know after I drag race through the neighborhood a coupla times......

dnut
Thats good to hear scotto , Nothing wrong with my motor the noise was the cam gear on the crank rattling around .

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
good to hear that no major work is needed to get ready to race. good luck to my friends scott, andy and jeff. dennis

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
scotto i see no marks on the piston. any idea why the push rods bent? you got some strong valve springs. rocker geo wrong and coil bind? or maybe 10,000 rpm. good luck glad to hear its going back together. see ya bro. dennis

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That is a beautiful sight, scotto-!
Well thanks Dan.....and Dennis......and Andy, here is a better sight

and even better yet, the sound

http://youtu.be/5pjAf6DU_QE

It was a bit of a pisser when I was putting the engine back together day before yesterday.....I go to put the head on and notice I'm missing a lash cap (again). I looked for the thing in the vacinity I was working in for hours and finally gave up and ordered a new pair yesterday. Then thinking back, where could I have lost that tiny miniscule thing, it donned on me......maybe it was over at my folks house where I was doing some work on the head and it was last seen.....over a week ago.

So I go over there with little expectation of finding such a tiny little part, pull up in the driveway, get out and look along the front deck to the garage doors and see nothing of course. Then before opening the garage doors I look to my right and 8' away on the driveway I see this tiny little button sized thing and YES, cha-ching.....there it was!

And so short story made long, I got the ol' Slant back up and running today finally.........look out Iceman! :D

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Cool Scotto, I lost one of those little devils before and never found it, you must have great eyes to see those little lash caps lying around.
Are you giving up on the cvt? I'm hoping to dr will clear me to go all out for Bairds race on sept 18th, we shall see.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
ya, burns take a long time to heal. scotto i guess your about 70 percent scar tissue = one tuff dude... dennis
Yeah, I'm gettin alligator skin like in my old age lol

Here's the pipe after todays ride......

The pipe sounds so much better when decelerating with the angled exit.
It's LOUD and powerful