Death Race 4-16-2011

GoldenMotor.com

Dogman

Apr 22, 2010
Las Cruces NM, USA
Nice, we want some good competition from gas bikes. Off the line electric kicks ass, but if we lose voltage later in the race, we can slow down in the last lap. I was wondering though, if you guys had crossed that magic 50 mph line yet.

Man is this gonna be fun this year.

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
Hi
Culver city are you guys still thinking of going if so could I catch a ride with you guys..it goes without saying I will pay my part.........
Flex....
wouldnt mind comming out to play...........

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I have my gear except elbow pads.

I'm just going to do my best and try not to crash! I might pass one person and that'll be fine for me. I have a cruiser street bike, as you can see, and I like to cruise on it. I'm planning on putting a bigger sproket on too: a 62T from a 56T that I'm running now. I may not have it by race time.

Attachments

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
BiMoPed,

Since no one else responded, heard 71 bikes last year, there may be a few that DNF'd during practice and weren't counted. Last April there was 1 e-bike, looks maybe 8 e-bikes this year. I've no sense of those with plans to race and/or show bikes this April, other than the public banter on forums. Hope 'motored bike racing' experiences simplistic pragmatic growth to become a widely enjoyed sport.

My build is proving a bit of a challenge. I may have to settle for 1 speed, just cruise a heat at 35mph.

See you there,
SoSauty

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the answer......I will be following more closely this race

you know what they say about the mountain...
BiMoPed,

Since no one else responded, heard 71 bikes last year, there may be a few that DNF'd during practice and weren't counted. Last April there was 1 e-bike, looks maybe 8 e-bikes this year. I've no sense of those with plans to race and/or show bikes this April, other than the public banter on forums. Hope 'motored bike racing' experiences simplistic pragmatic growth to become a widely enjoyed sport.

See you there,
SoSauty

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
Well, something fufawed with the edit. Anyway, don't know if I can get my build ready enough other than to enjoy a heat run at 35mph. The chain tensioner is biting my butt.

Can't wait for the DR, bunch of outlaws with some wickedly fast builds.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Well, something fufawed with the edit. Anyway, don't know if I can get my build ready enough other than to enjoy a heat run at 35mph. The chain tensioner is biting my butt.

Can't wait for the DR, bunch of outlaws with some wickedly fast builds.
That is one sweet bike SoSauty I love the white frame. That bike looks fast just standing still.

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
Fantastic Dave!!!!!!!
If there is one bike I don't mind losing to its your boxer!

Anyone who has a problem with you riding that can PM me! lol.
& both of thoses bike make my little project a complete hoopty ride LOL!

Looking foward to meeting you Thursday.
T

Attachments

Dogman

Apr 22, 2010
Las Cruces NM, USA
Yeah Dave! I really wanted to see that boxer run this time. I don't know what dissapointed me more last fall, my dnf or your breakdown in the practice laps.

I hope to get lots of you in my video, probobally won't be in the rear facing cam for long though.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
What type of helmet is required for DR? Does it need to be a motorcycle DOT approved,or is a bike helmet OK?
A bicycle helmet is okay but a motorcycle helmet is encouraged.

Don't forget everyone....

Helmet
Gloves
Eye protection
Knee pads
Elbow pads
No short sleeve shirts or shorts and no shoes with open toes.