Clever Bike Names

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle Welding, Fabrication and Paintin' started by Sparks66, Nov 10, 2009.

1. superharry

superharry Member

That's some good guidelines right there to think about... What is in a name? We'll find out!

2. waistofhumanspace

waistofhumanspace New Member

3. Mr.B.

Mr.B. Well-Known Member

Thinking of naming my next build "Waistofhumanspace" after one of my (newly found) favorite authors...

"-)

-Kirk

4. RicksRides

RicksRides Member

Im using a couple gravely tractor motors for a 1913 Harley tribute. Im going to call it The Gravely Davidson. aka Davey for short

5. halfevil333

halfevil333 New Member

The PABST blue racer!
    I was gonna do a pbr tribute but Carlos, the local pbr rep. flakes on his end of the deal....so I went flat black and sold it cheap...
    I still want your bike though, I LOVE pbr memorabilia...

6. moonerdizzle

moonerdizzle New Member

I christened my AMF Charley, as in Chinese harley.

7. Goat Herder

Goat Herder Gutter Rider

That is a pretty clever name lol.

8. ckangaroo70

ckangaroo70 Active Member

Shanghai Express
    Yama ha ha ha
    Hondork Bronzewing
    Flailing Pigeon

9. happycheapskate

happycheapskate New Member

You can tune a guitar with a dial tone. I think a lot of kids don't even know what a dial tone is now, with cell phones everywhere.
    This actually works, and helped a lot. http://www.wikihow.com/Tune-a-Guitar-Without-a-Tuner

10. tommyboy1442

tommyboy1442 Member

i had a honda 750 i hacked a little, bike illiterate people used to ask me if it was a harley all the time, so i named her the harlonda lol

Attached Files:

11. tim turbo

tim turbo Member

brnotI have a two stroker, with a 48cc motor, and it is black, so she is called Old Blackey. Then there is my new bike, thats a 4 stroker, that has taken me four months to build, and she's finally done! I call her BLUE. Will post pictures if I can figure that out!

12. bigbutterbean

bigbutterbean New Member

I currently call my bike "Something Wicked" (as in "something wicked this way comes". Thats until or even if I can think of a better name. The bike has undergone a recent transformation, so I am not sure if the name still fits or if there is something more appropriate.

13. Allen_Wrench

Allen_Wrench Resident Mad Scientist

Did you say you've got Black and Blue? Here's hoping that's not an omen for you.

14. d_gizzle

d_gizzle New Member

I call mine the "schwinn suicide" as I only have a front brake.

15. JohnnyCrash

JohnnyCrash New Member

I'm currently working on the Poor Man's Harley Mark II, an Eskine 26" powered by a 66cc 2-smoker.

PMH Mk. I was electric powered.

Ian

16. biknut

biknut Active Member

JohnnyCrash, lol I like that name.

17. bigbutterbean

bigbutterbean New Member

My bike is nearly all black now, and finally built exactly how I want it, so I feel that a name change is in order. First I will go through all the different names I have used. My first bike was called The Beast, because it handled everything I threw at it during a time in my life where I didnt want to stay home because of things I was going through, and was also over the course of a rough winter. I only called her that, never anything else. My current bike has had different names with each transformation she has undergone. I first called her Pretty Hate Machine, after she was built and still had her factory paint job. When I briefly used the engine from The Beast on this bike, I called it The Beast Reborn, in honor of her fallen sister. I have also called her Lucky 13 and Something Wicked after other transformations she has undergone. But none of those names ever seemed to really fit that well, maybe because I knew I wasn't done with her. At this point, she is painted the way I like and I have all the upgraded parts I am ever going to want. Even in the event that I should decide to add more upgrades later on, her paint job and overall look and feel are not going to change. So this time, she is getting a name that's going to stick, one that I truly believe she deserves and is going to fit her well. I shall call her, The Dark Rider.

18. Ludwig II

Ludwig II Well-Known Member

A friend was going to build an Indian tribute for me, we'd decided to call it a Cree, which was a sort of Indian.

It didn't happen, and now I'm going to do a really light, slow, delicate bike. I'll probably call it The Whiffler.

19. Jumpa

Jumpa New Member

Since mine is a blue 1995 Schwinn , 100th anniversary Clear Creek M/B I call her "Ole Blue" Motor has over 1300 miles on her and seems to run better and better as time goes on. In her hay day she topped out for me at 38.01 M.P.H. the other day I got into it after a guy cut me off in my neighbor hood ..HE JUST HAD TO PASS me because I was on a bike he did it on a curve a car was coming the other way to the truck it was hit the car or me I saw it coming and rode up on the soft shoulder just as the a hole cut the wheel of the truck , The truck would have made mincemeat out of me had I not reacted the way I did The pick up truck was a Cape & Island Tire company pick up truck " Moral to this rant ...is after I calmed down and looked at my speedo "Ole Blue" had hit a top speed of 35.7 M.P.H. so not to bad a a drop in top speed over year later & just your basic maintenance

P.S. Miss you Sarge!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#239 Jumpa, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  20. JohnnyCrash

JohnnyCrash New Member

Wow!

I call mine the "Poor Man's Harley Mk. II" but since I only rode it for 3 days before getting nailed by the cops, I think I'm gonna call her my "ticket to walk"!