GoldenMotor.com

user51920

May 12, 2018
Hello There Everyone the names Amir and I'm new here :D (This is going to be a pretty long post, BUT I would really appreciate if you could read it, If not go to the end where I bolded everything)

So let's start off, Since last year ago I have been looking over YouTube and forums on building Motorized Bicycles and learning some bike terminology in terms of engines, sprockets and etc.

I'm still very new to this stuff, so I apologize if I don't understand some things here and there, I'm still learning... Anyways I have been dying to start to build a bike one day, and I can say that I will be purchasing some parts just before summer, I HAVE ALL THE TOOLS AVAILABLE! The reason being is because the high school I go to, i'm taking a mechanics course and we have all the tools you can imagine, anything from sockets, ratchets, adapters, power tools, WELDING YES! MIG, TIG AND ARC! are available as well!, So any tools I need are already available and my teacher is cool with it, he's a sick guy :cool:, and one of my friend's brother is actually in the process of making his motorized bike in the garage rn! so here's what I want to build.

On my mountain bike that I have that goes very fast and is in very good condition, I want to put a 66cc engine on it and cruise around on it, I already know all the legal implications and I know all my laws in my province. So please don't come saying "That's illegal to ride dude!"

Anyways, with the research I have done, the best engine kit that I found under $400 CAD that has a bunch of performance parts already with the kit is the BBR Tuning Racing Series Stage 4. (Please check it out for yourself)

http://www.bikeberry.com/gas-engine...e-engine-kit-stage-i-performance-package.html

This is everything it includes

1. Silver BBR Tuning 66/80cc 2-Stroke Engine
  2. Bonus- BBR Tuning Billet Aluminum High Performance Cylinder Head 66/80cc
  3. Bonus - 66/80cc High Performance Carburetor
  4. Bonus – Expansion Chamber
  5. Bonus - Stage I Performance CDI Electron Ignition Coil (w/ NGK Spark Plug Cap and upgraded CDI cable)
  6. Bonus - NGK B5HS Spark Plug
  7. Complete Clutch Cable Assembly with Clutch Wire Clip
  8. Drive Chain Idler Pulley
  9. Top Quality Japanese 202 Main Bearings
  10. 415 Bike Engine Drive Chain
  11. Drive Chain Guard
  12. 2-Stroke Spark Plug
  13. Locking Alloy Clutch Lever
  14. Upgraded Twist Throttle and Cable With Grip
  15. Updated 1.5L Black Teardrop Gas Tank (approx. ⅖ of a gallon)
  16. Fuel Line
  17. Throttle Cable
  18. Gasoline Tank Switch
  19. Sprocket Clamp Assembly
  20. 44 Tooth Chrome Drive Sprocket with 9 Holes
  21. Large Spring (Heat Shield Spring)
  22. Extension Spring (Recoil Spring)
  23. High Quality Japanese Bearings on Both Ends of Crank
  24. Required Hardware and Gaskets
  25. Magneto
  26. Kill Switch
  27. Spark Plug Removal Tool (While Supplies Last)!
  28. Standard Universal Mounting Bracket

From what I heard and searched 2 strokes perform a lot better than 4 strokes and are much easier to add extra performance parts to, such as better exhaust for more airflow, porting the engine and so on.

My goal is to get a max speed of 35 Mph (56km/hr)

My budget is around $450 CAD for the whole setup (not USD)

SO, What do you guys think about getting this engine with the performance parts already included? I believe My bike is about 30 Lbs. (13kg.) and my tire size is 26" x 2.10, it has 3 speed on the left and 7 speed on the right and I always keep it and ride it on the same gear at 2 and 7.

I measured the frame space and it's fine, only on the height It's 3cm less but I can just place the engine a bit to the side, so I believe it will be fine. I just need to know with this setup can I get a max speed of 35Mph?

Is their anything else I need to add to achieve this speed?! for ex. a smaller rear sprocket for higher speed like a 36T instead of stock 44T, buy a boost bottle, chain tesioner, better exhaust, you guys know alot more than me, so what I can I do to get the max juice out of this system without going overboard and frying the parts. I just need to keep it below $450

I am 5'8 and weigh 145 Lbs. (65kg) If anyone can reply regarding what I have to do to achieve this without killing my engine, I would really appreciate it, Thank you!

user51920

May 12, 2018
Hello again everyone, I think I'm going to be going with the Zeda 80 instead from ZedaMafia because their engine gets just over 3HP with a good exhaust and they tested an engine even better than the BBR and it was false (Shark engine from gasbike.net that claims it does 5HP), didn't even hit 2HP. So ZedaMafia Ftw.

Zeda 80 Engine + Ported Cylinder + Copper Head Gasket + Upgraded CDI + Adjustable timing magnet = 192.47 USD (Zedamotorsports.com)

Shipping to Canada = $100 USD (Zedamotorsports.com)

GOLD Racing CNC Cylinder Head = $37 USD (Ebay.ca Free Shipping)

High Performance Carburetor = $14.25 (Ebay.ca Free Shipping)

Expansion/High Performance Exhaust = $22 (Ebay.ca Free Shipping)

Total= $365.72 USD= $470.70 CAD.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Hello again everyone, I think I'm going to be going with the Zeda 80 instead from ZedaMafia because their engine gets just over 3HP with a good exhaust and they tested an engine even better than the BBR and it was false (Shark engine from gasbike.net that claims it does 5HP), didn't even hit 2HP. So ZedaMafia Ftw.

Zeda 80 Engine + Ported Cylinder + Copper Head Gasket + Upgraded CDI + Adjustable timing magnet = 192.47 USD (Zedamotorsports.com)

Shipping to Canada = $100 USD (Zedamotorsports.com)

GOLD Racing CNC Cylinder Head = $37 USD (Ebay.ca Free Shipping)

High Performance Carburetor = $14.25 (Ebay.ca Free Shipping)

Expansion/High Performance Exhaust = $22 (Ebay.ca Free Shipping)

Total= $365.72 USD= $470.70 CAD.
Welcome!!
I think you will be much happier with the Zeda80 than the BBR. Which expansion pipe are you getting?

Reactions: user51920

user51920

May 12, 2018
Welcome!!
I think you will be much happier with the Zeda80 than the BBR. Which expansion pipe are you getting?
Hi there, Really sorry for the late reply but I think I will be getting a Banana Expansion Chamber Muffler, they're pretty darn cheap and add a bit more umph to the engine, or I can just ride without an exhaust cap, surprisingly that gives .3 -.4 more Hp lol.

My only question I have for you Tyler is what is the gas to oil ratio do you use when you first want to start this bike, I hear many people say 16:1 is bad and they should do 24:1, I have no idea at all about the ratio and also what does it mean by 16:1? does it mean 16 ounces of oil to 1 ounce of gas? i'm sorry If I don't know this, I finally figured out everything just this last part I don't understand.

- Thanks
Amir

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Hi there, Really sorry for the late reply but I think I will be getting a Banana Expansion Chamber Muffler, they're pretty darn cheap and add a bit more umph to the engine, or I can just ride without an exhaust cap, surprisingly that gives .3 -.4 more Hp lol.

My only question I have for you Tyler is what is the gas to oil ratio do you use when you first want to start this bike, I hear many people say 16:1 is bad and they should do 24:1, I have no idea at all about the ratio and also what does it mean by 16:1? does it mean 16 ounces of oil to 1 ounce of gas? i'm sorry If I don't know this, I finally figured out everything just this last part I don't understand.

- Thanks
Amir
Alright. there are 128 fluid oz in a gallon. 16 to 1 would be 128/16=8 oz....therefore to get a 16 to 1 mix you will have to put 8 oz of oil in every gallon of gas. However, I strongly urge you to not mix that much oil for these little engines, it will be too thick and gunk up your exhaust pipe and restrict air flow causing problems. I would recommend 24 to 1 for break in (128/24=5.33 oz of oil per gallon) and 32 to 1 after break in (128/32=4 oz of oil per gallon). Make sure you use a good 2 cycle oil.

Personally I use opti 2 at 100 to 1, (90 to 1 for break in). Opti2 is a special synthetic oil, I like it because it has less carbon build up and runs very clean----> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Opti-2-300...212755&hash=item1c94fb7d7a:g:wUwAAOSw~gRVix6P

Last edited:

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Welcome to the forum, Amir. So you have your bike up and running now? One piece of advice I would give you is to get your bike put together with all the stock parts and break in the engine. After that you can start adding the extra bits one at a time. You will learn more this way and it's a natural progression of a build.

And ditto to Tyler's post.

I'm out on the wet coast, Vancouver, B.C. where are you?

jhonfilly

Jun 27, 2018
I used a very tight frame for my motorized bike so my carb barely fits. The idle screw pushes against the frame so I can't loosen it any further. Is it okay to take out the screw, cut it shorter, and put it back in. Or is there another way to lower the idle without the screw?

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I used a very tight frame for my motorized bike so my carb barely fits. The idle screw pushes against the frame so I can't loosen it any further. Is it okay to take out the screw, cut it shorter, and put it back in. Or is there another way to lower the idle without the screw?

Shorty---> https://www.ebay.com/itm/32mm-CNC-S...574851?hash=item3f7eb29e83:g:yfIAAOSwz71ZOa8U

Off Set---> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Steel-Shor...309191&hash=item41dae13a39:g:YkYAAOSwXEdagOdL

user51920

May 12, 2018
Did you try to twist the carb a little bit? You would be surprised how much you can tilt these carbs and still have them work. Also, you can try a different intake

Shorty---> https://www.ebay.com/itm/32mm-CNC-S...574851?hash=item3f7eb29e83:g:yfIAAOSwz71ZOa8U

Off Set---> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Steel-Shor...309191&hash=item41dae13a39:g:YkYAAOSwXEdagOdL
Hey Tyler, I know this is a suuuuper late reply, sorry I don't use this forum too much.

But I decided to go with a centrifugal clutch system engine w/ a pull start and it has a gearbox, i'm going to be purchasing it tomorrow, it's a 52cc Engine rated at a HP of 3.46 idk how true it is, I usally take 1HP off from chinese engines but... I've seen a hella lot video's on YouTube and research about how powerful these small engines are and they are pretty fast. It comes with a throttle cable, grip, spark plug, engine, and 11T Gearbox. Is there anything else I need?? The only thing I can think of would be a fuel tank ,chain, chain tensioner & maybe a bigger sprocket size like 20T? I don't know if this is a rear or front sprocket it's simply a drive sprocket :/

I'm about to order it, so if you can tell me anything else I need I'd greatly appreciate it man, god bless u dude you've been of great service for all my questions

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/49-52cc-Mot...273921?hash=item1a2a62e501:g:IkQAAOSwIWVY-Uup
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/20-Tooth-47...273557?hash=item2cd2fbba15:g:p2wAAOSwKApa3Eon

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
W
Hey Tyler, I know this is a suuuuper late reply, sorry I don't use this forum too much.

But I decided to go with a centrifugal clutch system engine w/ a pull start and it has a gearbox, i'm going to be purchasing it tomorrow, it's a 52cc Engine rated at a HP of 3.46 idk how true it is, I usally take 1HP off from chinese engines but... I've seen a hella lot video's on YouTube and research about how powerful these small engines are and they are pretty fast. It comes with a throttle cable, grip, spark plug, engine, and 11T Gearbox. Is there anything else I need?? The only thing I can think of would be a fuel tank ,chain, chain tensioner & maybe a bigger sprocket size like 20T? I don't know if this is a rear or front sprocket it's simply a drive sprocket :/

I'm about to order it, so if you can tell me anything else I need I'd greatly appreciate it man, god bless u dude you've been of great service for all my questions

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/49-52cc-Mot...273921?hash=item1a2a62e501:g:IkQAAOSwIWVY-Uup
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/20-Tooth-47...273557?hash=item2cd2fbba15:g:p2wAAOSwKApa3Eon
What bike are you putting it on? I can't say that I have used one of those engines but it looks pretty cool. However, you must make certain it will fit on your bike, it looks a bit wider than a china girl, you might need to get extended peddle cranks so the peddles won't hit it or maybe you can mount it higher, what bike is it?

user51920

May 12, 2018
W

What bike are you putting it on? I can't say that I have used one of those engines but it looks pretty cool. However, you must make certain it will fit on your bike, it looks a bit wider than a china girl, you might need to get extended peddle cranks so the peddles won't hit it or maybe you can mount it higher, what bike is it?
A 26" Genesis Stealth Mountain Bike, Thinking of maybe putting a bike cargo rack on the rear and then mounting it, and Oh btw I've found a very good seller in Canada who sells the Grubee Skyhawks and i've heard nothing but great reviews about the guy, I think i'm going to build a dual clutch system and buy a pull start later on. Like what this guy did

https://www.motorizedbicycle.ca/bic...6cc-angle-fire-slant-head-bike-motor-kit.html

dogcatcher

Nov 11, 2016
Texas
I hope you plan on showing the build steps on the forum, I am interested in seeing a build with that motor you posted. It looks like something I could put together for the grandkids to play with at the ranch.

user51920

May 12, 2018
I hope you plan on showing the build steps on the forum, I am interested in seeing a build with that motor you posted. It looks like something I could put together for the grandkids to play with at the ranch.
Alright, hello again everyone, As of yesterday I have received my engine the GRUBEE Skyhawk GT5A, beautiful engine as of everyone knows.

Anyways, the bad news is unfortunately it doesn't fit my frame, i'm lacking about 6-7 cm of height space, I tried every single position to mount my engine and it's not possible unless I want to get my leg burned by my engine (^).

So I decided today or tomorrow to go buy some metal cutting tools at my local home depot or Canadian tire, to cut it and maybe get someone to re-weld it to the rear of my frame, creating a "U" frame in the middle. My frame is 6061 heat treated aluminium and it's pretty darn thick so, it got a lot of support.

Vasily did something like this here's a video (skip to 6:30)

and U-mount frame welded Motorized BMX

Reactions: Chaz

user51920

May 12, 2018
W

Alright everyone welp I have good news and bad news...

The good news is with some cutting and shredding I have got my engine perfectly stable and mounted on, including the pipe and CDI without hitting the pedals. The bad news is I have a 32 spoke wheel and I tried attaching the sprocket and it's impossible to spin the sprocket without getting the bolts jammed in between the metal spokes. I look online and everything is over $100 just for a rim.... I don't want a thin one either my bike is a 26" x 2.10 WHAT SHOULD I DO?!!!

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Well, I'm sorry to tell you that your bike is going to break in half. You have cut out part of the frame. This is a serious safety issue as your frame is sure to fail. You don't want that to happen at 5 mph let alone 30 mph.

I hope some other members will back me up here so you don't think I'm some random nut.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
perhaps some kind of welded brace is planned for frame, but I don't see a problem with fitting the sprocket unless the rest of the rag joint got lost somewhere - didn't sound like either of the rubbers were in it at all

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Please if I may respectfully reinforce what was previously stated. Individual parts of a bicycle frame are very weak. Assembled correctly they form a very strong unit. If an individual part (or parts) of that structure is altered the whole system becomes very weak. Thank you for allowing me to express my opinion,