Boy-go-fast?

GoldenMotor.com

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Thank you Dan very informative i cant see how black dissipates heat faster However the points about the other motors are valid All I know is when i wear a black T- shirt in the summer i sweat my ass off opposed to a white T

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Jumba,RIGHT!? lol. That was the first thing I thought. Well, second. I assumed that any coating would trap heat.

This is the sort of thing that gets me in trouble. I am a lowly and very broke student right now but normally a question like this would drive me to buy 2 kits, start a thread and experiment.

The group/on-line experiments are really fun though. Like the great master-link wars of 2010...

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Roger that Dan as the fins cant get the cool air as fast hence heating up faster i need one of those laser temperature readers Also like you said since the heat is created on the inside it cant escape out as quickly"trapped heat"

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
this might be the frame for my next build ! .. It's a toss up between the Ross and a Specialized Crossroads I have The Ross is a HUGE frame any personal opinions on the big frame vs the small frame

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
KLarge frames seem to not vibrate quite as much and are MUCH easier to mount an engine on.
I did a large frame specialized hardrock similar to your ross for a customer and MAN that bike rode sweet! I actually tried to get him to sell me the frame but alas, no luck.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Check it out I also have a giant SCHWINN frame, also a Clear Creek same as my Blue Bomber!! I call it The Blue Bomber because the sticker on the forks on both bikes says "Bomb Proof" OH crap now the F.B.I. is gonna be all over me I said the B word 2 times in under 2 minutes OH WELL.. A black motor woulda looked sooo sweet on this bike dont ch think?

Last edited:

oldstoner68

May 31, 2013
illinois
i have had both good and bad experiences from BGF the first time i ordered from him i had an issue he refused to resolve and so when i posrted a negative feedback on him he blocked me from ordering from him again

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Funny you should mention that.
I ordered my last kit from him and it just might be the very last one from him as well.

I've sent everyone I meet on the street his direction 3 people i know for sure bought kits & I kept hearing nightmares but just figured these guy are stuffy then today I saw it fr myself i'm pissed off.

First off the pic on ebay showed a black motor and a 4 bolt idler I got a silver motor and a 2 bolt idler even after i was assured i was getting a 4 bolt. I even took a screenshot of the listing check it out!.
You guys tell me if you saw this listing would you think your getting a 4 bolt idler?

P.S. I wasn't mad until he sent me this email!

BoyGoFast
3:10 PM (3 hours ago)

to me

all the orders from ebay are automatic sent to the warehouse and they ship out immediately
it is exact as show in the ebay

if u need different order or some change
must out ebay, so warehouse can special packing

if next time u need any thing, please email us directly
thanks

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
one more thing I did the "Buy Now" option and paid in full about 30 seconds after I clicked it. Yet its been about 14 days and still he hasn't left feedback I think he is waiting to see if I leave bad feed back & if so he is going to do the same.
I have 100% feedback to his 98.1% granted I have only bought 98 items but still ! I paid in full no problems on my end for him getting the money that all there is for my obligation for positive feed back right?
Or does he have the right to retaliate with neg feedback ?

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I understand the frustration about not getting exactly what was pictured, but a couple things to consider. One, boygofast and luckyearlybird are husband and wife, and they live on mainland China. Their English is not the best, and that might be putting it politely. So when you emailed him about not getting what was picuted, he may not have understood the way you worded your email. Two, the vendors are not responsible for the quality of the kits. They are drop shippers. They order so many kits from a factory, and they get sent to their warehouse, and from there to your door, in the same box they came off the slow boat. Blaming a vendor for a bad kit is like blaming a dealership when something goes wrong with your new car. Its not their fault. But that's what warranties and customer service are for. From what I've heard about Rick (bgf), he usually has great customer service.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
one more thing I did the "Buy Now" option and paid in full about 30 seconds after I clicked it. Yet its been about 14 days and still he hasn't left feedback I think he is waiting to see if I leave bad feed back & if so he is going to do the same.
I have 100% feedback to his 98.1% granted I have only bought 98 items but still ! I paid in full no problems on my end for him getting the money that all there is for my obligation for positive feed back right?
Or does he have the right to retaliate with neg feedback ?
No there are rules on ebay preventing sellers from retaliatory feedback
Document everything, nicely ask him if you can return it when he says no
file a claim!

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I understand the game BigButter however the quality is not what
Im complaining about ..YET"".. This kit having "or not rather" the 4 bolt idler was what finalized the decision for me to buy the kit "

It is what I consider to be a clear case of false advertising showing the new and improved 4 bolt idler and then sending the 2 bolt old style. To me this is no different from someone ordering a car with a 4 barrel carb and getting a 2 barrel carb one which is easily remedied./ I do not care if he sells ten thousand motors a week or 2 volume is no excuse to have a photo listed of parts not in the kit.

This indicates to me that he just doesn't care I also feel he knows that pic of the idler is getting him influx of sales & that is wrong I don't care what language he can or can not speak it's wrong! It's not about money , it's not about quality , it's not about him understanding me "which he did when he said in an email to me "This kit contains the 4 bolt idler we call the.. short idler"

I can't be the only one complaining about this. How hard is it to fix the photo? He can send me what I paid for and was told I was getting and all is well or he can drag it out and I will never buy a thing from them again I remember Rick when he first started out, I sent everyone I know his direction he doesn't remember me which is often the case when people start getting greedy. 15 days he still hasn't left feedback I sent and email asking if he recieved my payment in a timely orderly fashion to which he failed to reply If you order a red car and they delivered a blue one would you complain? Same principle

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Jumpa this listing is still on the bgf site, in the description it States what is in the kit and a picture of each part. It States "silver slant " with bearing idler with a picture of the standard two bolt idler. It looks like they used a stock photo that does not match the kit. If somewhere on the site is a disclaimer saying "the item you receive may be different than the one pictured " he can do that. The fine print States what is in the kit. Its not what I call good practice but happens on some sites. If he told you in a email it had a four bolt idler he should supply you one.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Sent Date: May-20-13 14:00:38 PDT

Dear randt3160,

yes, this kit come with the idler with 4 bolts ( we call short idler)
the chain in the kit is the #415H chain

the #415, #415H, #420 is the heavy duty motor bike chain.
some seller use #410 chain ( it is for bike, too thin and weak)
we only use heavyduty motor bike chain

- boygofast

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure there is one less rascal in the world. ~Thomas Carlyle

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
reg I understand that but if you look at the motor it is black ..I figured the 'silver slant' referred to the head only on the bike My fault again I was going by what he was showing in the photo. I was ALL FOR this guy for years before this mix p you can tell by reading my past posts defending him from the likes of people just like me right now ... If it were my eBay account and someone even had the slightest discrepancy with one of my photo's I would take said photo down and put one up that's abundantly clear to the customer what there getting. I DID SCROLL DOWN AND SAW THE 2 BOLT IDLER THAT'S WHAT motivated me to ask the question via email asking...'' what idler comes with the kit'' to which I was replied a blatant lie. This is where my anger is stemming from .I'm the kind of guy the will spend 10 grand to prove a 2 dollar point at this point it isn't the idler or the misleading ''paint scheme'' ''pun intended '' that's motivating me it's the lie I very much dislike liars with a passion . Still he HAS NOT LEFT ME Any feed back either. AND I PAID HIM THE SAME MINUTE I ORDERED THE KIT . SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS MY SHIFT BUTTON IS BROKEN

NOW EVERY TIE I SEE A BLACK MOTOR IT BRINGS BACK ALL OF THIS TRAUMA like this bad boy ...BELOW I think black looks soo good on green looks sooo good on green reminds me of my 93 Mustang

http://motorbicycling.com/album.php?albumid=1160&pictureid=6322&commentid=638#picturecomment638

Groove

Nov 2, 2012
Lexington, KY
Jumba,RIGHT!? lol. That was the first thing I thought. Well, second. I assumed that any coating would trap heat.

This is the sort of thing that gets me in trouble. I am a lowly and very broke student right now but normally a question like this would drive me to buy 2 kits, start a thread and experiment.

The group/on-line experiments are really fun though. Like the great master-link wars of 2010...
I'm with you guys (scratching my head about black engines running cooler), but the information on the web does seem to corroborate what Venice and 2door are saying. Here is one web site with the explanation:

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/paint-it-black.htm

I am always checking the china doll after a ride to see how hot she is. Seems like when I ride on sunny days with temps of 85 and higher they REALLY get cooking. I've never had an issue when that happens, but I'll spit on the fins and it sizzles into nothing in 1 second followed by the nasty smell of burnt spit - LOL, YOU know what I mean.

I have a black china girl that I haven't yet mounted (I bought extra dolls because so many people said they were crap shoots), but I've had only good luck with all three of my bikes so far. When one of them finally breaks I'll try the experiment and provide results..

-Groove

oldstoner68

May 31, 2013
illinois
I wouldn't say that he actually has a "Right" per say, however I also believe there is nothing to stop him either. And that's the **** of the world we are living in today. 0 accountability.

Keep NOT peddling !!!!!usflg