Blood Thursty!

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I probably have posted this side of the bike but since I wasn't able to find them in my files (L side) I figured I'd snap some new ones and post again with the decal on the crank case plate.
I was able to get the photos of the bike on Tumblr now if ? I can only remember have the stuff that got me there I'll be ok til the learning curve is necessary again.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I thought our church was going to have their annual car & bike show this year and I was going to enter the in the show but a'lass they're doing something totally different this year, my wife just handed me a flyer about a car show being hosted by one of our local Del Taco's so I'll call and see if there is an entry fee if not I'll probably take the Redskin.
I think the verbal VROOM! VROOM! sounds is all you'll get as I won't run this bike because it is for sale and my buddy Dan told me that if someone buys it out of state and lives in a different climent they'd have to re-tune the bike after I already have, so I'll leave the fun up to them and something about previously running gas in a bike that is getting shipped has a hazardous materials fee attached to shipping cost's
New, Unused, un-opened is appealing to the buyer, you really don't know how bad I want to crank this bike wide open.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hey Silverbear
Couple a guys put their heads together and they could build one of the red ones as well. That one in the third photo would be the next one if I live long enough to get to it. The seat springs would be a challenge but fun.

Thanks truckd.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Sure looks early 70s. It would be fun to know how the people in the photos lives went. He probably drives by the subdivisions that sprang up where he used to ride and tells his kids about it.

Like the look of concentration on the little guys face.

Steve.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
For a period of time when I was a little kid we lived in Simi Valley Ca. we rode our bicycles in a 20 acre lot off Kuener Dr. across the street from Hope Town owned by Bob Hope the actor/comedian.
We'd race our bikes with cards clothes pinned to our forks & spokes in that field after school until the street lights came on or my mom Rang a bell that would summons us home for dinner, in the summer our house was just a place to get something to eat or drink, we'd spend all day in that field riding bikes, digging forts, organizing secret clubs and doing all sorts of mischievous stuff that young boys do.
I took a ride through Simi Valley about a year ago and there is close to a thousand homes in and around that area now, the places we played, where memories were born ceased to exist now except for those that remain in my mind and brought back vividly to life every time I sit on a bike along with the thought of how my interest was spawned for bicycles and M/B's.

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Here are some vintage pic' for those looking for some ideas and inspiration, I'm not to much a Harley guy but this was a sweat bike

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
The picture was in a baraushe of photos on a friends F/B page sorry! couldn't say, the engine configuration is something to go on, European Maybe? diffenately late 1900's to early 1920's it is a twin.

Last edited:

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Nice pictures Truckd, but I don't get it. I thought this was a build thread. Time to take the wrappers off the tires and get them dirty!

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Pat.........
I don't have a shop that I can pump out a bike every 3 days, I don't have employee's working for me building bikes, family or other wise and even though Dan at Taylar Motor Bikes is a close friend I build my own bikes after he has fabricated the necessary components that I neither have tools or equipment to make myself, so if it takes a year? it takes a year! which the Indian didn't.

I don't pump out Huffy's with un-known E-bay engine kits, I believe you said to me "A good bike ain't cheap and a Cheap bike ain't good!" when I was inquiring about the Sportsman Flyer (#3) that I then purchased from you.

I believe a good amount of time also contributes to a quality build, time is also a contributing factor when hunting down and fabricating quality parts as I'm sure you are all too aware of and how long did it take you to get #3 to me? 7 months according to my reciepts. I was through with the Redskin in a shorter time frame then it took to get that bike from you which is still sitting in the corner waiting for those quality parts and time to be found to build a better than excellent bike.

What makes you think the bike doesn't run? because there is no vid of me setting records on the salts, that bike is for sale not for me to ride, if you want to see dirty tires buy it! I bought one from you, I guarantee you that custom built PK80 is the best little chinee engine you'll ever roll on.

What's wrong with posting pic's of vintage bikes ? it's called inspiration isn't that part of this forum's purpose ? to share interest and inspiration in recreating a piece of history or even creating something new and different.

No! offense Pat but if you really don't want to fallow my thread then don't! I bare No! ill feelings towards you,what I really don't get is why ? am I the only one yer crack'n on about the time it takes to build a bike or what I'm Posting.

You build some awesome stuff Pat so does your Brother, you got all the goodies to crank out a part in 5 minutes where as it takes me about a day and remember yer one of the big dogs in the M/B World, I'm just a little dog looking up to everyone else why? do you feel so threatened.
Peace! to ya Bro.

Last edited: