Blood Thursty!

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thanks! for the info, I wander how a professional resto would cost ? I'd have to save some $$ for that.
For some reason the Translater is taking for ever to load in to the link in Enlish,
I am totally enthatuated with 1900/1930 a period of mechanical birthing,marvel and magnificants and to restore or create something from that time period is a true charge for me so when I start my next project "BTTF" it will look like it rolled out of that time period including a mix of real vintage parts & new componants

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Got the tube bender at Harbor Freight for about $7.oo works good for soft metals such as copper,brass,and aluminum,how ever it will not allow for a complete 360 dgree bend only 90 this is because the handles are centered not off to the side so the pipe hits the handles, maybe it's me but I guess I'll just have to adapt to it's function. if the tube benders had off set handles it would be perfect! but still not a bad little set up.
If you get the little tube bender also get a little tube cutter

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
One thing after another, in-between contracts, thought I'd have some time to work on the Redskin, but this Christmas stuff OOOWWEEE! maybe when I go back to work I'll have some trime for the bike, why is it that just because I'm a carpenter everybody wants me to hang there lights or cut & trim the tree???
and for free too! I ain't even got time to emulate

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
No! Christmas tree lights to hang today so I did a little more plunbing and some running around to get some stuff for plumbing then drilling and designing and tube bending,and pulling wiring and polishing and mock up and and and and no pictures Sorry!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
A little faith restored today...
The other day I received my Schwinn frame and forks (peddler to ride with the wifey)and decided to go on ebay and start looking for parts to restore ,so I found a seat post clamp,bought it and inquired about other parts and if the seller had a Schwinn Varsity goose neck, sure enough he did ,no bolts but in good shape,I asked for a good price and he said I could have it, if I just pay the extra shipping cost ($4.oo)
Man! still some good people left in the world,And my Buddy Velo is another, he sent a vintage clothe(complete) spark wire set up, that I'll be installing soon. sometimes it doesn't take much to give the world to someone.

Have a Very! Merry! Christmas! Everyone

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thanks! Biknut Merry Christmas Remember bikes don't fit down chimenies guy's I know cause I saw him sneak'n one in the sliding glass door or was that Velo with a beard? (LOL!)

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Haven't done much during the Christmas season but will get on it soon as the new year starts.
Happy New Year ! to all
Here is a web site not to be overlooked when searching for bicycle parts www.bicycleheaven.org

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
IMO that double headlight and front and rear guard mounts are pure ugly. I think they beat that Indian with an "ugly" stick. Give me a stocker any day.

Back in topic, when is your bike going, it looks so good and is soooooooo close. What's the story?????????

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Time! with the all the holidays and work and family in & out I'm going to get on it this week comming up, I'm trying to figure out how to fab a functional magnito dog house that will hold the Jaguar coil, went to Home Depot and bought a bunch of stuff for it,got the right side plumbing done,amazing how all the little stuff is really time consuming.
Now Harry if that Indian was sitting in your garage I'll bet you'd be the talk of the whole country, I beleive the fender mounts should have a little more detail to them and the t gaurds over the head lights should be removed but over all WOW! a nickle plated frame and engine case, again I say WOW!
Oh! by the way did you check out the leaf spring seat that's cool!

Last edited: