Bike builders that have machine tools/shops

GoldenMotor.com

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Tony, I wish I had your restraint.
Simplicity is not my specialty. If the Step-son's want an inheritance, they will have to have a auction.

Tom
I just don’t like to have stuff that doesn’t make me money. Also my tools are sort of garbage. I’m the only one that can sell them for what they’re worth. If I could have it how I wanted it’d be a mini cnc shop... but I just don’t want to deal with all that stuff anymore. Something about keeping work at work and not taking it home. Anyway my builds nowadays are all drawn out in 3D first... so I could get all the angles and lengths so it looks how I want. If I worked a little harder at drawing I could have gotten everything laser cut and mitered. My harbor fright tubing notcher worked but has always been 2 degrees off. Stuff like that...

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Going from crap cheap tools to top dollar shop tools working tools to crap tools again... But I can't justify spending on something I don't use or reli on for an income... Middle of the road tools so I have a hint of quality and deal with it... I retired in '98 ... 20years later I think I'm just figuring out retired life... Years go by like minutes a decade feels like a month... Takes a month to do something that would take a few hours at work or on the weekend and cost nothing back in the swing of it...
Loose a transmission 20miles down a icy snowing hunting road and drag it out with a kids sled to town get a ride the last 5 Miles of it and rebuild the clutch and reverse and first planetary get ride with the guy at the parts store 10 miles back because he's only got 2 weel drive... By mornings first light have my deer and get in to camp by noon to play cards bull$hit smoke and drink till midnight...

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Going from crap cheap tools to top dollar shop tools working tools to crap tools again... But I can't justify spending on something I don't use or reli on for an income... Middle of the road tools so I have a hint of quality and deal with it... I retired in '98 ... 20years later I think I'm just figuring out retired life... Years go by like minutes a decade feels like a month... Takes a month to do something that would take a few hours at work or on the weekend and cost nothing back in the swing of it...
Loose a transmission 20miles down a icy snowing hunting road and drag it out with a kids sled to town get a ride the last 5 Miles of it and rebuild the clutch and reverse and first planetary get ride with the guy at the parts store 10 miles back because he's only got 2 weel drive... By mornings first light have my deer and get in to camp by noon to play cards bull$hit smoke and drink till midnight...
That’s a lot of info!

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
My Ice-cream Machine kicked the ice bucket. Actually the motor and gears are OK. It is just that of two machines for dirt cheap $15 each, I had one motor toasted after 30 years. The current one has plastic molded part on the bin lid (sort of gear) that engages with another plastic one the the motor output shaft.

So my idea is to either shim with some metal sheet and epoxy the worn part back to like new or find something made better.

I know I see just a few people rating machines for home use costing between $40, to fancy wood bucket (for show) at $100 saying they broke within a few months. Stuff is made the same with plastic part on both.

I would not mind paying more, but would want metal parts. Planned obsolescence.

See about a light bulb made since 1901, constantly running and still works.

Anyway I think maybe I could rechurn the ice-cream or see if it got enough done.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
My dearest friend's wife called this afternoon. Gene having Scarlet Fever as a kid, and inherited Dilated cardiomyopathy (enlargement of the heart) . His heart ran out of steam.
He survived Vietnam and went on to care for his father and the family dairy farm on Sand Hill. Ontario, WI
He was good at dairy farming.
His life and mine have been intertwined since the day we were born. Gene Peterson RIP
1680227238302.png

Last edited: