Bairdco Racing Series, September 15th at Adams

GoldenMotor.com

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Not that I do it but what about the ones that race two different bikes in two different classes? Although I do like it other than that.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
yeah, i was thinkin that, too, but how cool would it be chasing down scotto? c'mon, his bike's not that fast...;)

the lap times between the "superbikes" and the fastest 2 strokes were seconds apart at the last race.
C'mon and chase me.....it'll be a blast!!! Just don't follow too close or you may lose your hearing, the new pipe is LOUD :D

brnot

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
If the main is more laps like 20-25 or 60 minute final then those who race more than 1 bike/ class would have too choose what bike they feel they would have the best chance to finish/ win with.

liveforphysics

Apr 19, 2011
Santa Cruz CA
i've got an idea.

two classes.

the beginner, slow guy, apehanger, fat old man class.

and the rest. run everyone together. 20 racers randomly picked for each heat.

top ten from each heat race a final.

award trophies to overall winner, fastest ebike, four stroke, two stroke, etc.

waddaya think?

I think this is perfect. Gets back to the raw nature of the original Tucson death-race as well.

I like it.
.flg.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
well, my other "outlaw" race is on hold. i was hoping to run through the abandoned neighborhoods of the el toro marine base.

i had an inside man who thought we could do it, but the corporation that owns the property shot it down. i guess the x men movie guys offered an insane amount of money to use it, but they got denied, too. and since i don't have anywhere near the budget of a blockbuster movie company, it ain't gonna happen.

we could rent the runways for 5-30k, but that ain't gonna happen, either.

if anyone knows of any abandoned housing complex's, eminent domain freeway restructuring, or anything else,lemme know...:)

liveforphysics

Apr 19, 2011
Santa Cruz CA
well, my other "outlaw" race is on hold. i was hoping to run through the abandoned neighborhoods of the el toro marine base.

i had an inside man who thought we could do it, but the corporation that owns the property shot it down. i guess the x men movie guys offered an insane amount of money to use it, but they got denied, too. and since i don't have anywhere near the budget of a blockbuster movie company, it ain't gonna happen.

we could rent the runways for 5-30k, but that ain't gonna happen, either.

if anyone knows of any abandoned housing complex's, eminent domain freeway restructuring, or anything else,lemme know...:)

We do 2-3AM runs on stupidly over-powered electrics through the city, neighborhoods, parks, trails, up/down various big stair cases etc, pretty much anywhere and any night we want. Nobody hears a thing cause the bikes are all silent, and I've never yet had a complaint. I can imagine the next day somebody comes to work and is confused to see all the tire tracks streaking down the stairs at there workplace. lol

When the machine you're riding doesn't make a peep, you can get away with pretty much anything you want to do in the dark.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
We do 2-3AM runs on stupidly over-powered electrics through the city, neighborhoods, parks, trails, up/down various big stair cases etc, pretty much anywhere and any night we want. Nobody hears a thing cause the bikes are all silent, and I've never yet had a complaint. I can imagine the next day somebody comes to work and is confused to see all the tire tracks streaking down the stairs at there workplace. lol

When the machine you're riding doesn't make a peep, you can get away with pretty much anything you want to do in the dark.
As long as you're well lit :D

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
100 explitives!!!! my bikes wont run.......& i am tired.

Scratch Thud from the event list.......wtf was i thinking anyway...I am off work thrugh next thursday so I am going fishing.

Scotto, only 2 99cc preditors left in Mi & I have one of them in the back of my truck. apparently they are also discontinued through harbor freight.

Sorry boy's.
I am going to to have a good cry now.

Good luck at the races.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
100 explitives!!!! my bikes wont run.......& i am tired.

Sorry boy's.
I am going to to have a good cry now.

Good luck at the races.
Damn, not again. You already came all the way to CA and ended
up missing most of the races at Grange.

I gotta say that you plan big! Coming all the way from Michigan is
no easy feat to pull off.

Seeing that you aren't going to make it, there is the Thunderdrome
on the same day in Detroit.
Let us know how it is if you go.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
that really sucks, thud. i was looking forward to having you out here on the track. i can't believe you can't get a bike together in time.

if you still wanna come out, i'm sure someone can lend you a bike to ride, or help get yours together...

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
I am toying with the idea of flying out & spending the weekend.....same money as gas woulda cost me.....too late to ship my stuff out there though.

If some one is generous enough to lend a racer I would take them up on riding it.....standard racers agreement...I'll fix anything that brakes while I am on it.

I aint above flagging & scorekeeping....it would be good to get out there & chill.
The wife is prodding me to buy the plane tickets (i think she is trying to ditch me for a few days)

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Suppost to be blistering hot this Saturday around 104 degrees. Don't forget the canapoys, ice, coolers, water, powerade, Gatorade and what ever else to stay hydrated, seriously.

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
Flip flop......I grabbed my son to be the 2nd driver for the trip.....I only have 1/2 power on the e-bike & a basket of parts to reassemble the china girl rat ride when i get out there......90% chance it wont run hehe.

I have riding credentials & gear, so I will gladley pilot any hoopty bike to make laps with just to be part of the event.

Thanks for the heads up on the heat Dutch....I'll thow the canopy in the truck.....my air conditioning doesnt work.

Scotto' disregard the PM....I will see how many engines I can collect on the trip out.
gotta load up & get rollig.