Authentic-ish Harley boardtrack build (any input?)

GoldenMotor.com

bird

Dec 5, 2011
prunedale, CA
Coming along! I also like your rear drop stand. Did you extend the handlebars?
SB
The bars are just a pair of schwinn cruiser bars upside down, I was planning on doing something a little fancier along the way.. The drop stand/rack is from an early 20's Excelsior-Henderson.

bird

Dec 5, 2011
prunedale, CA
Not much trouble so far. I want to fit it with a brass-bowl carb besause the rototiller style one is a historical eye-sore. On sunday Im making a few trips to pick up a belt and some more odds n' ends. With a little luck I can fit the kick starter within the following week so I can post a video soon. Unfortunately, extending the frame made it too low for pedals.. Floorboards all the way!

bird

Dec 5, 2011
prunedale, CA
Very close to finished. The chain, sprocket, belt, and tires all arrived this week. I always thought fake valve trains looked kinda tacky, but iv'e leaned a little on the hypocrite side^_^ I am very pleased with the outcome!

Attachments

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
Man Bird that thing is sick! Can't wait to see that monster running. I love the suicide shift, that's just brilliant on a bike like that. Have you thought of a name for that beast?

bird

Dec 5, 2011
prunedale, CA
Man Bird that thing is sick! Can't wait to see that monster running. I love the suicide shift, that's just brilliant on a bike like that. Have you thought of a name for that beast?
I was thinking of painting something on the clutch cover when its done.
some ideas..
"rat trap"
"junkyard special"
"mothball"
"tumbleweed"
"barn burner"
"gnarley davidson"

Basically anything rustic or ratty sounding!