Authentic-ish Harley boardtrack build (any input?)

GoldenMotor.com

bird

Dec 5, 2011
prunedale, CA
All the feedback makes me feel great! I Just stripped her down naked and got all the finish welding done then wire brushed all the old paint, im planning on leaving it out in the yard for a few days to build me some nice surface rust! Thank god for our salty air!

Attachments

bird

Dec 5, 2011
prunedale, CA
decided to sand down some spots on the frame and sprits on bleach, it worked wonders. in under 30 minutes i had a nice coat of brown on all the spots i hit.

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
yeah, rust is great!

Before starting a build I always think about either doing something like this guy: Chicara Nagata (check his gallery, incredible chrome stuff -> chicara nagata), or like the 100 years old boardtrackers with the patina like this Indian in the attachment, but I always end up with painting the bike....

can't wait to see your result...

Attachments

Last edited:

bird

Dec 5, 2011
prunedale, CA
There's somethin beautiful about a good rusty paintjob. Chrome isn't a big turnon for me but if I see something that looks like it was under a tarp since the 20's I flip out like you wouldn't believe!

bird

Dec 5, 2011
prunedale, CA
So i just got back from a swapmeet in santa cruz and picked up an early 20's motorcycle rack/flipstand. The seller insisted it was for a henderson but i disagree. anyways.. I paid 20 bucks for it and I think I scored! Its made for a 28" tire so its a little too big but it doesnt look half bad:D

Attachments

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
bird, I only read the first few posts here on ur thread and stopped to write u a note...
Ur work is nice! congrats. keep at it....
if ur just a kid, under 18, THAT is exactly the kinda person who will run across all kinds of gud deals on old motors and stuff. U can take that to the bank!
Scout around, and buy what u can and rathole it away to work on when u get a chance.
One day u might find you have a collection of significant value.
Find a safe place to store it.
Good luck to u.
rc

bird

Dec 5, 2011
prunedale, CA
bird, I only read the first few posts here on ur thread and stopped to write u a note...
Ur work is nice! congrats. keep at it....
if ur just a kid, under 18, THAT is exactly the kinda person who will run across all kinds of gud deals on old motors and stuff. U can take that to the bank!
Scout around, and buy what u can and rathole it away to work on when u get a chance.
One day u might find you have a collection of significant value.
Find a safe place to store it.
Good luck to u.
rc
Thankyou:) Ive been picking since a very young age since sooo many of my friends have ranches with barns and what not, i already have a decent collection going on, and people are pretty leanient on prices when your a youngster;D My room is already litterd with all kinds pre 50's motorcycle signs, parts, and memorabelia. My pops is always giving me trouble about having too many antiques taking up space but I always reply with, "Nonsense!"

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
that looks like a Crime Scene Choppers headlight on that Chicara bike
I could be wrong but I'd be guessing it's a hand built headlight and not an off the shelf item..... This isn't American Chopper lol

He sure does build some exquisite machines, did you see his motorized bike style build with a small engine located near the rear wheel...... His bikes remind me of the Terminator and almost look like "liquid"