Alternate 50cc 4-stroke engine list

GoldenMotor.com

RusticoRay

Oct 3, 2009
6mi. from the Old North Bridge
Re: Alternate 4-stroke engine list

I bought it last week as a present to myself. I also got a spare motor less carb for a friend who has one. It was in good shape and someone toke it upon oneself to clear coat it. A rattle can touch up job. I think it preserved the chrome on the rims and protected the leg guard. I took softscrub to the front where the clearcoat had yellowed the plastic, it took the clear off and brought it back nicely. I used 5f5 stripper to the rims and they shine real nice. Now if I could scounge up a carb for it I would be one happy camper. It runs ok but it has it issues with the carb. Maybe a 10mm aftermarket might heal her a little. I just sourced some new 19 x 2'' tires and tubes. Hard little bugger to find.
I was told that the way to tell on year of bike is the 69 is not marked where the 70 is marked on the frame.
Thanks for the rundown of specs.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA

RusticoRay, try this site for hard to find Honda Parts let me know if this helps.

Here's the Link,
Honda - FAQ

If these guy's can't get you the correct parts I doubt anyone can!

Peace Crazy Horse

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA

Double cheers to that find.. Man could ya imagine what we could all do with that pedal crank Incorporated in design if we could get them new in Numbers..??
Hmm?
Well for about the last 2-weeks I've been scouring the internet for a Honda cloned Lifan or Loncin 4-stroke PitBike/DirtBike engine with Pedals like on the Old Honda PC-50 see the pictures below:

Here's the Chinese cloned version of a I'll call it the 2010 version PC-50, some dealers call it the SSR-Motorino Laser5 or just Motorino Moped it has a Honda cloned CRF style engine with built in pedals:

Here's the Motoped Extreme Mountain Bike Moped:

Imagine having an old Honda PC-50 and you need an engine where can you find one or say you have a motorbike company Like Helmut-Cycles, could you imagine what it would mean to be able to get these motors in numbers from a reputable dealer/supplier. I know (1) such person who has an amazing chassis that is just screaming for this type of setup, see next picture:

What will you do when this engine is finally available I know that alot of guys who have old Honda PC-50's and others with mopeds who need this engine and guys who'd like to build an Extreme Motorized Mountain Bike, and others who'd like to build a Stretch Cruiser or OCC Chopper or XL Chopper with this engine:

Check back on this thread cause very soon they're s gonna be something awesome to be added to this thread!!!

Peace Crazy Horse.

Helmutt Cycles

Nov 27, 2009
PHX. AZ

The advert says special order- 50cc moped engine- crazy horse only. I might sell some of my bikes to get one of these.
I Like to revert To Songs.. In this Case a Beatle Song.. .. So lets sing
I am He, as You are he, and We are he,and we are all together.. hehehe hahaha ho ho ho See how they ride like Lucy in the sky. see how they run.. I'm dieing..... " to know"??

Peace On earth may come from strange places..?
So Lord let Us pray..that all we need to do is work hard,make fine Mopeds.
Play square, Love our God,Brothers,Sisters,and Country,
and all will be fine..

Helmutt Says if You can see it, it can be.. dnut

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

Well for about the last 2-weeks I've been scouring the internet for a Honda cloned Lifan or Loncin 4-stroke PitBike/DirtBike engine with Pedals like on the Old Honda PC-50 see the pictures below:

Here's the Chinese cloned version of a I'll call it the 2010 version PC-50, some dealers call it the SSR-Motorino Laser5 or just Motorino Moped it has a Honda cloned CRF style engine with built in pedals:

Here's the Motoped Extreme Mountain Bike Moped:

Imagine having an old Honda PC-50 and you need an engine where can you find one or say you have a motorbike company Like Helmut-Cycles, could you imagine what it would mean to be able to get these motors in numbers from a reputable dealer/supplier. I know (1) such person who has an amazing chassis that is just screaming for this type of setup, see next picture:

What will you do when this engine is finally available I know that alot of guys who have old Honda PC-50's and others with mopeds who need this engine and guys who'd like to build an Extreme Motorized Mountain Bike, and others who'd like to build a Stretch Cruiser or OCC Chopper or XL Chopper with this engine:

Check back on this thread cause very soon they're s gonna be something awesome to be added to this thread!!!

Peace Crazy Horse.
That is some good stuff there....thanks for the show and tell Crazy Horse! Even has the boys version of that little 50!

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA

I've been told that a picture can tell a thousand words!

Peace All Crazy Horse!

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

Ooooh... *drools*

Dangit, I want one but my 4 stroker project isn't even outa the dream state yet :p

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota

Ah man... while the rest of us are fiddling with 2 strokes and thinking about the big leap up to a Harbor Freight... you're out there in the stratosphere. I'd love to see one of your bikes someday, Joe, maybe this fall if you make it up to Colorfest.
SB.

Helmutt Cycles

Nov 27, 2009
PHX. AZ

Joe..?? What's that little red handled lever, just above the final drive sprocket??
Cool Beans Me want one, Is this a single speed, as traditionally a moped is supposed to be?
Helmutt

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA

Ah man... while the rest of us are fiddling with 2 strokes and thinking about the big leap up to a Harbor Freight... you're out there in the stratosphere. I'd love to see one of your bikes someday, Joe, maybe this fall if you make it up to Colorfest.
SB.
Joe..?? What's that little red handled lever, just above the final drive sprocket??
Cool Beans Me want one, Is this a single speed, as traditionally a moped is supposed to be?
Helmutt
SB, yes I'd like to come up for ColorFest in Thurmont, Maryland this fall and yes I should be able to bring one of my proto-type Stretch Cruisers powered with the Honda CRF 50 chinese cloned engine with built in pedal ie moped engine.

Helmutt, the lil red rubber tipped lever is where you switch the engine from human pedal power to engine power vice versa. The Honda CRF50 cloned engine is fully-automatic with electric start.
The lil red rubber tipped lever will disengage the engine drive train and only engage the final drive sprocket so you can pedal in bicycle mode if you wanna call it that.
You can also use the pedals to start the engine if your battery or starter dies on you!

Another nice feature is the parts for these engines are all over the internet just google Honda CRF 50 engine and these 50cc engines can be beefed up from the measly 50cc up to 192cc for off road riding/racing, of course while keeping a stamped 50cc cylinder for legal issues.

Thats about all i got for now, that is to say regarding these engines.

Peace All Crazy Horse!!!

Here's the engine mounted on a Chinese Moped:

P.S. For those of you who have the resource's you could just purchase a brand new complete moped and scavenge the parts to build your own extreme motorized 4-stroke bicycle / moped!
Just something to think about!!!

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA

I'm still trying to locate a supplier/distributor of the Chinese Cloned Honda CRF 50cc fully automatic pedal engine. I was able to get one pedal engine from an aftermarket parts & performance supplier of Chinese Cloned Honda CRF 50cc dirt bike engines. However they don't currently have access to them at this time, maybe springtime of 2011.

In the meantime might I suggest to those who are searching for this type of engine to purchase either a Baja 50cc Dirt Bike or Baja 50cc ATV available from your local PEP BOYS auto parts store. These two options offer give you a complete setup ready for transplant to your Stretch Cruiser or Chopper. Just weld in the skid plate / motor mount available from West Coast Mini Choppers, @
West Coast Mini Chopper Product Index
then mount your engine add a gas tank, run a chain idler under engine for the pedal chain clearance, etc etc...

These two options ( Baja 50cc Dirt Bike & Baja 50cc ATV ) will cost about $399.00 from PEP BOYS auto parts store. Note the Baja 50cc/90cc ATV comes with head lights and rear tail light. Or you can purchase the lighting kit for the Baja 50cc Dirt Bike separately from PCCMOTOR $69.00
Pitbike Headlight Kit Lights Light XR CRF50 50 RED LT07
I'd post a pic but 5 is the limit per post.

Here's pic's of the Pedal Engine, The Baja 50cc Dirt Bike & ATV, that you can scavenge for your build. Also note the pic of skid plate / motor mount that you'll have to weld to your bicycle!

Or if you can find a supplier of the Honda 50cc Jazz clone you can swap everything speedometer, gas tank, lights, horn, turn signals, head & tail light, battery, complete wiring harness, and have you build done in no time.
Here's a pic of the Honda 50cc Jazz clone.

Here's a larger pic of the Chinese Cloned Honda Jazz 50cc.

Peace Crazy Horse

gareth5000

Aug 17, 2010
Warburton Oz

In the UK when I was a lad we could ride up to 50cc that was able to be pedalled at 16 years of age. The manufacturers got creative with this formula and started making highly tuned little motorcycles like the Puch Grand Prix and the Fantic Caballero. I used to have a Yamaha FS1e [known as a fizzer] it was balanced, skimmed and ported with an expansion chamber. It had a fiberglass tank/seat unit and a fairing and would do 60 mph.
Soon enough the government realized we were having too much fun and regulated them.
They rightly stated that they had become motorcycles, not mopeds.
My point is when does a motorized bicycle become a moped?
I know I'm a noob and expect to be flamed but would you pedal you ride downtown and back? Could you, without great difficulty, lift it over a gate?
I'm apologising in advance for this post.

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

Without getting into debating the finer points of lawmaking, in my own view - a bicycle w/a 50cc engine strapped to it will always be just that, no matter how nice looking and well built it may be.

This is pretty much a builder's resource thread, such considerations are between the builder and their local laws, even just the enforcement of such.

As a builder, I care very little what the bureaucracy may deem appropriate beyond the very basic limitations outlined by existing laws - I find the challenge of building the very best vehicle I can while remaining compliant to those existing laws to be a interesting challenge, questions like yours I would take as a complement as obviously you think such builds have reached a higher level than the average motorized bicycle.

In that light, I doubt Crazy Horse would take offense or "flame" yet by that same token, your questions make little sense to the builder... about as little sense as many laws lol

"My point is when does a motorized bicycle become a moped?" - Never, a motorized bicycle is just that, a bicycle with a motor on it - mopeds are a drastically different machine, the primary and most critical difference in my view being one is homebuilt using a bicycle as a platform, the other is factory production.

"Would you pedal you ride downtown and back?" - I could, but why would I? Were that my interest I'd not have motorized lol

"Could you, without great difficulty, lift it over a gate?" I don't understand the relevance of this question as it's very subjective - I could very easily lift an actual moped over a gate (depending on gate height ofc) whereas a child may not be able to lift their non-motorized bicycle over that same gate "without great difficulty"... are you suggesting that part of a motorized bicycle's definition is it's ability and ease of trespass? ;)

In the end it all depends on the builder's objectives as constrained only by actual law, all else is personal preference. Clearly we don't share the same definition of motorized bicycle - but that's fine, that's why there's such diversity in engine types... may I suggest a 30cc friction drive? :D