A few changes to my Briggs race bike

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I've been lying low for a few months but managed to make some improvements to my race bike. First I changed from belt to chain drive trying to take a little pressure off the motor. Added much needed gussets to critical frame junctions. Put a tensioner on my pedal chain. Made a new intake elbow and cable bracket for my throttle and compression release. My buddy Dan, made me a new velocity stack for my carb.

Added a fork brace to stiffen up my front and and installed a larger front drum brake from a 125 dirt bike.

Been checking out all the new race bikes and they are very impressive. Especially CCC's and Scotto's latest builds. Kinda makes mine look like a ratbike.

Still have some gearing changes to make, but should be at the track Saturday. Greg, #11 and Shaun, #84 both have to work, so I hope a few more Briggs powered bikes come out to race.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Looks great! I like Briggs engines. Messed with them in my early childhood. Was the first brand engine I ever got to rebuild. An old lawn Mower in a 4H class. Those engines will run forever! You folks keep raising the bar. The engine looks sharp and the chain looks plenty strong!

It is interesting the way you set up the right side derailleur. Looks to be just for a chain teinsioner. Outta work perfect.dnut

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I've been lying low for a few months but managed to make some improvements to my race bike. a larger front drum brake from a 125 dirt bike.

Been checking out all the new race bikes and they are very impressive. Especially CCC's and Scotto's latest builds. Kinda makes mine look like a ratbike.

Still have some gearing changes to make, but will be at the track Saturday. Greg, #11 and Shaun, #84 both have to work, so I hope a few more Briggs powered bikes come out to race.
Looking great Dale.

Here is your #12 Briggs at the last race.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Thanks Goat. It is just a tensioner. Made by Shimano for early BMX bikes with a dual front sprocket. You could do a quick change to suit the track without any shifters or tools. I have a few more of them for future needs.

Hey Neil, thanks for the photos. Going to be a blast at Grange, as usual.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
I'll bring it I'll have to clean it up. I have t done anything to it since the last race. I will change the oil and pop in a new plug.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I'll be there with my Briggs powered unit!
Are you running the mid class Dale? I only have the 3 big ponies...
Hey Harry
Dale on his 5 HP flathead Briggs is in the Midrange Class up
against bikes like Honda GC 160's

Try a heat in the Midrange Class or you can race in the 50 cc 4 Stroke Class
which is a hodge podge of small engines, friction drives, GEBE, etc.

The 99 cc and 79 cc Harbor freight motors have the same choice but I
have seen AGK's 79 cc HF being as fast as the Briggs bikes.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
all the pre race chatter is killing me ----I so wish I could be there

you guys ride safe
please take all the photos on and off the track

andy maybe you or denis or ????can walk down the pit area with your go pro and get a few comments from all the participants
everyone following i am sure will be greatly appreciative

you guys have a blast