79cc Sportsman Flyer build

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Thanks Steve,
Mid to upper seventy's and mostly sunny. Still taking a couple flannel shirts. Mona's brother Mark turns 76 Friday.
Will be interesting to see how he takes it. He has a bit of the Peter Pan syndrome, but don't we all in our own way.
Going up the river road on the Minnesota side. If we get going soon enough we can stop in Minneiska, Mn. for lunch.
(20+) Eagle View Bar and Grill | Facebook
Tom

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Pat Dolan sent me this link a couple of weeks ago. vmmanual.pdf (mikuni.com)
It was mourning and the coffee hadn't kicked in yet. Should have printed it out for ready reference. I did today.
The last page illustration clarified much of my lack of understanding of what makes a carburetor function. Before today,
I have never adjusted an air jet adjusting screw. Stock PZ19 was not set right from the factory.. Just opening the air screw 13/4 to 2 turns made a huge improvement in WOT response. Not perfect, but way better. More to do but now I'm OK messing with the carb.
Tom

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
Pat Dolan sent me this link a couple of weeks ago. vmmanual.pdf (mikuni.com)
It was mourning and the coffee hadn't kicked in yet. Should have printed it out for ready reference. I did today.
The last page illustration clarified much of my lack of understanding of what makes a carburetor function. Before today,
I have never adjusted an air jet adjusting screw. Stock PZ19 was not set right from the factory.. Just opening the air screw 13/4 to 2 turns made a huge improvement in WOT response. Not perfect, but way better. More to do but now I'm OK messing with the carb.
Tom
I was waiting for this, lol.

Good to know that you're getting things figured out. When I finally manage to get that carb, that'll come in handy. Month after next, I'll finally be able to build those new wheels for my bike, and then I can worry about the carb. My only concern is that the rear hub will have the same bolt-on freehub as my mag wheels. I'll be disassembling the hub before I build the wheel so I can return it if it is. Hopefully, I'll get the pull out type.